Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Interior | Audio | Security
Interior | Audio | Security Tech forum to assist in Honda/Acura Interior, Audio and Security.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #16
shoaibc
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 accord center console lights out HELPPPP

I forgot to mention. He didnt' charge a single cent and this happened today 7/10/2008.
shoaibc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #17
iaflyer
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to iaflyer

The center console lights just went out on my 2004 Honda Accord, EX-L yesterday (only 50K miles on it). I found this topic (wonderful -thanks everyone) and wanted to update it with my experience.

I found the Technical Service Bulletin, and yep, my model year and VIN number was in the range. I called my local Honda dealer, expecting at least a "I don't know of that TSB, but bring it in and we'll look at it".

To my amazement, after a brief explanation of my problem "backlighting on my center console doesn't work" he looked me up in their computer (I go there for service) to check when I bought the car and asked one or two questions about whether I can see the digits in the sun or not (I could).

He then said there is an extra warranty for this problem by Honda, and it would be covered. He said it goes 7 years from date of purchase or 105,000 miles.

He said he wasn't going to make me come by the dealership (it's not that far but still) because I had described it on the phone so well. He put in an order for the part, and said depending on which warehouse it was coming from, it might be here in two or three days.

Pretty good service, I think! (and no, I have no connection to the dealer or Honda)
iaflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #18
postman71
AF Newbie

Unbelievable, I have had the same problem with my 2003 honda accord ex coupe. Lights blinking on and off and all that. However; I never took the vehicle in for service as it has well over 100,000 miles and I am probably the third owner. Now in my case the center console lights didn't go off. Eventually they just wont' shut off and kill the battery. I am a DIY guy. Does anyone have the part numbers which need to be replaced so I can find parts at DIY prices? Thanks for any information.
postman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #19
namumkin
AF Newbie

I bought my 2003 Accord today with the same problem. Any ideas if I'm gonna be still covered for courtesy repairs. If not, anybody knows how much it would cost me if I pay for the repairs out of my pocket. Thank you
namumkin is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Interior | Audio | Security