Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > What do you want to know?
What do you want to know? Staff writers check this area regurarly for future article topics.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
gpgt98
AF Newbie

Transmission leak

95 lumina 3.1 115K miles. This car mostly sits idle. When I started it last it was dumping out transmission fluid from what I could tell was a line coming from the tranny to the trans cooler? or radiator. What I am wondering is does it hurt the trans if the car is running but not in motion with no fluid in it? Its a good runner but I need to replace brake lines as well. not sure if it is worth it?
gpgt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
Scrapper
AF Premium User

Re: Transmission leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgt98 View Post
95 lumina 3.1 115K miles. This car mostly sits idle. When I started it last it was dumping out transmission fluid from what I could tell was a line coming from the tranny to the trans cooler? or radiator. What I am wondering is does it hurt the trans if the car is running but not in motion with no fluid in it? Its a good runner but I need to replace brake lines as well. not sure if it is worth it?
is it coming tranny? and other question yes it is not good idling with no fluid. have you looked at half shaft and the seal that runs outer seals in tranny to see if leak was coming. my son had to put 2 new tarannys in it they don't last long i guess week.
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
gpgt98
AF Newbie

Re: Transmission leak

When I last had it running with fluid in it, it was coming from under the radiator. It was cold out and getting dark. I couldnt really see exactly but it was under the radiator for sure. Anyone have an idea whether the line TO the tranny from this area is an easy fix?
gpgt98 is offline   Reply With Quote