Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
Jagster
AF Newbie

Looking at Pathfinders

We have a baby on the way so needed to get a bigger car. I've been searching around and the Pathfinder seems to have caught my eye. I like the look. Just has that tough look that it can do anything. I think I'm going to go used and have been looking at the 2007-2010 models and roughly have about 60k+ miles on them. Dealers seem to be asking around $13K-$16K. For example Carmax has a 2007 SE model with 61K for about $17K. Some questions:

1) For you pathfinder owners, have you had any major problems past 100K miles? I just want to get an idea of what to expect once I get into the high mileage. I had a 2002 Camry that I drove into the 200K miles range and never missed a beat. Just hoping I can maybe get the same out of a pathfinder.
2) Are the 2007-2010 models good? Should I be looking into the 2011-2012? I've seen some 2012's in the $20k-$25k, although more than I was hoping to spend, could be a possibility if its a better buy.
3) Does the 3rd row sit adults comfortably or is it more for kids?
4) Which model has all the options?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Jagster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
fixmuflym
AF Newbie

Re: Looking at Pathfinders

Stay away from 2005 models as they have had issues with the radiator leaking into the transmission. Any later models are good. Except they stopped putting the pathfinder on the truck frame. Its now an over priced minivan. Just my two cents.
fixmuflym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
ttus
AF Newbie

Re: Looking at Pathfinders

read within your message below

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagster View Post
we have a baby on the way so needed to get a bigger car. I've been searching around and the pathfinder seems to have caught my eye. I like the look. Just has that tough look that it can do anything. I think i'm going to go used and have been looking at the 2007-2010 models and roughly have about 60k+ miles on them. Dealers seem to be asking around $13k-$16k. For example carmax has a 2007 se model with 61k for about $17k.( no, not for a 07 SE HIGH.. some questions:

1) for you pathfinder owners, have you had any major problems past 100k miles? I just want to get an idea of what to expect once i get into the high mileage. I had a 2002 camry that i drove into the 200k miles range and never missed a beat. Just hoping i can maybe get the same out of a pathfinder.
2) are the 2007-2010 models good? Should i be looking into the 2011-2012? nothing above a 2011, they still have a true frame, 2012 up is a unibody,pathfinder isn't good in that respect.. i've seen some 2012's in the $20k-$25k, although more than i was hoping to spend, could be a possibility if its a better buy.
3) does the 3rd row sit adults comfortably or is it more for kids? kids
4) which model has all the options? Le, has most. If the parties ordered them. All according to what options they wanted.

any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ttus; 05-02-2014 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Mispelled word
ttus is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail