Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
RLT
AF Newbie

95 Aurora - High Mount Brake light Not Working

Someone mentioned to me this week that my high mount brake light was not working. No big deal, just a burned out bulb I assumed. Well, I replaced the bulbs (two bulbs) and it still does not work. The sockets look fine, no corrosion. The wiring that I can see looks good. I used a volt meter & found I'm getting no juice at the socket . . ? I did a quick search on this forum but didn't see a similiar scenario/solution. Is there an in line fuse or something else simple I should check. I'm thinking this should be an easy fix & am frustrated I can't figure it out. Any help greatly appreciated. By the way, my lower brake lights are working fine.

Rob
RLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:22 AM   #2
RLT
AF Newbie

Re: 95 Aurora - High Mount Brake light Not Working

Well, after pulling apart a few things I found the culprit & easily solved my problem. The wire bundle leading from the high mount brake lights plugs into a connector behind the upper back seat -- near the top of the seat on the passengers side. The connector was unplugged.
I had some work down a few months ago & I'm guessing the mechanic took out the rear seat and the connection came free. In fact, as you work to replace the seat back I can see how the wires might get snagged & the connection pulled apart.
I hope this info helps someone in the future . . . This is a great forum, I don't have many occasions to post info but have sure learned a great deal by being a regular reader. Many thanks to all the contributors.

Rob
RLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #3
ABPcolumbus
AF Newbie

Rob,
How do you get to the high mount brake light to replace the bulbs? I've got a 97" Aurora with one side of the high mount brake light burnt out.
Thanks,
Tony
ABPcolumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
peeweewasblue
AF Newbie

The original post is really old but here is the answer to your problem.

In the trunk under the brake light area there is a plastic panel. Remove the push pin clip on the passenger side and rotate the cover out of the way. The light sockets are twist in type mounts.
peeweewasblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peeweewasblue For This Useful Post:
ABPcolumbus (03-01-2013)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora