Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

I'm back!

I have just spent 6 weeks in Cairns for work. Cairns is up close to the tip of Australia.

I was at work and saw a truck hit a "scooter". i don't know if the rider was on the scooter at the time of the accident as all I saw was a mangled wreck under the front wheel of a truck.

It was a Japanese tourist riding a battery powered scooter the wrong way along a footpath with no safety gear. Couldn't help but laugh. He wasn't hurt and the scooter rooted. One less scooter equals happy me!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:53 AM   #2
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Re: I'm back!

he's back, there goes the neighborhood,

Welcome back buddy, we've missed you around here!

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

Thanks mate......... I think......hey your making fun of me! I think.

Where i was working, there is an awesome road for bikes. Long beautiful curves, long straights with water views that disappear into rainforest.

Unfortunately there is one accident (usually a fatality) a week on the road.
Anyone can hire large capacity cruisers to ride. although its also the locals who do the wrong thing.
while I was there,
1) Trail biker on a closed trail hits a old troop carrier. (locals)
2) R1 goes down after a tourist shoots through a roundabout (stupid idea: 100km/hr roads with roundabouts)
3) Cruiser ends up on the wrong side of the road under a small truck

I was going to hire a M50 and go for a ride but never really got the chance. I went MTB riding instead. I rode 12 miles on the highway to a MTB park. got lost on the mountain, found a downhill section (I'm more cross country than downhill) and my bike decides to throw me over the bars down the side of the trail. I slice my leg and back while bruising my shoulder. I rode for about another 2 hours before riding the 12 miles home along the highway again.
Awesome day! chicks dig scars and your not trying unless you come off.

This where i came off.
Before this section, I had alot of speed on some pretty rough terrain but no drop off like the 4th photo.
I hit this section and it was a mound between two ruts (like a very small 4wd track with tyre grooves)
Bike decides to loose traction and drop a wheel into the rut and jam, throwing me over into the bush on my right (left side of the photo) down an embankment.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

That looks like a lot of fun!

I never thought of taking pics of the trails that have throw me off. I am too busy swearing
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #5
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Those are some serious trails, looks like you had a blast. Well... until gravity reared it's ugly head and you fell down went boom!,

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes