Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 10:09 AM   #16
Hgene
AF Newbie

Re: Aurora door lock troubleshoot

bustedratchet, thank you for your help. The DDM has a single plug-in connector on the bottom that is divided into two groups. I presume by pin A4 you are pointing to the longer section that contains about 6-7 wire positions (from memory) and that A4 would be the 4th pin over from the outside position. The breakout for the harness I noticed some wires split out from the harness yesturday under the door opening plastic shield, but didn't see any connectors around there.
Still troubleshooting causes here, I want to take notice that the power to the three passenger doors is inoperable. No locks, no windows, no dome lights, and the passenger mirror not working. DDM does work on the drivers door.
I'm thinking that the door/window circuit and the circuit to the mirrors may run through the DDM, but I don't know if the dome lights that come on when you open a door would go through there. Those dome lights do work entering the drivers door, but not from any of the passenger doors.
What do you think?
Hgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:15 PM   #17
bustedratchet
AF Regular

Yes the drivers door window switch and mirror switch go right to the DDM. It looks like all switches in all the doors go to there perspective DDM. All seem to be interlinked with the tan/white wires. I just noticed that from the DDM is a purple serial data wire it seems to run to the rear integration module that has a interior lamp relay control and a front courtesy lamp control. It is located near upper rear corner of rear shelf. It does seem to me that it all ties into the DDM but that might be an X-pensive guess. If I were checking this one out I would OHM the wires from the drivers door (through the tube) into the body I've seen them break.
bustedratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 07:32 PM   #18
Hgene
AF Newbie

I think what you mean by "OHM the wires from the drivers door (through the tube) into the body" is to check that I have continuity through the wires from the connector at the DDM to a place after the wire harness passes back into the car interior. I'll try that tomorrow after this N'oreaster outside has quelled.
And thank you bustedratchet for desciphering that wire diagram for me.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:49 PM   #19
bustedratchet
AF Regular

Re: Re: Aurora door lock troubleshoot

Yes I'd check them out the way you described You must live in the north east as I do 2 snow storms in a week. I waxed my car in a T-shirt A couple days before this crap started ...........Wonder If I caused this ? let me know how it goes !
bustedratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 02:48 PM   #20
Hgene
AF Newbie

Well I spent a few frigid moments OHM testing the wires and could not make sense of it, some of the wires rang with other colors because of connections. I'm going to buy a service manual and use that to track it out. Thank you very much for your help, there is just too much circuitry to try and isolate it without a schematic.
God bless and Merry Christmas to all.
Gene
Old 12-27-2003, 10:09 AM   #21
Peter Brown
AF Newbie

hello - question

I have experienced electrical problems in my 2001 aurora - no power in locks and windows - eeverything else is fine. Did you figure out your problem ?

Regards-

PB
Peter Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 04:18 PM   #22
techsolutions
AF Newbie

just wondering

I have this same problem on my car and was wondering if you ever had it fixed and if so will you tell me what you did?
techsolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #23
inagreement1
AF Newbie

Hey guys I just registered to thank you for the info and try to get some help. Yes I been having the same trouble with my Aurora and it's still driving me crazy.
When I read about checking the grounds by the kick panels and the one under the rear seat I was hoping that was it. I tore into it, and for each one I had about 4 or 5 black ground wires going into one connection which was bolted to the body. I took the bolts out and sure enough they were all in need of some attention. The one under the seat was the worst. So as excited as I was I cleaned them up with some sand paper and some liquid blast. Then I applied some added protection with some dielectric grease. I rubbed my hands and tried the windows...it was a no go...
So what next?
I read through the rest of the form and I got a little confused about checking the data wire and the DDR which I think is the Driver Door Module. I'm just trying to figure this out so I can have my car back again. I like things working how they should.
Also I did the usual checks with fuses and relays. I pulled each one and checked it. I'm on the road I forgot to take my OEM meter. What confused me is on the fuse box where is the relay? The paper on the box cover says relay but in the fuse box, it is a 30 amp fuse. I switched it with the 30 amp fuse for the seat because I know it works. It was a no go.
So where is this relay. Someone mentioned it is a dual relay. One side for the drivers door and the other side for the rest of the car?
Do I have to take apart the whole dash and apulstry to find this hidden thing. Whe designing this awesome car im sure they took in consideration that this relay would be poped sooner or later.
Im postive i dont have broken wires, it is as if I have no power going to my doors. It was steady for a few days the all of a sudden it didnt work. I'm thinking the bad grounds poped the relay that i need to find.
Your help im so much appreciated
God Bless
Dave
inagreement1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #24
rlzech
AF Newbie

I have appreciated your contributions very much. Recently purchased a 1999 Aurora (35,000 miles/like new condition). Car had been driven lightly over past 3 years (less than 10,000 miles total). However the car seems a little short on power compared to my original 1995 Aurora. Any tips on what I could do to check out my concern? Also, when applying preassure to brakes when car is idling, a very slight vibration is noticeable (at peddle and steering wheel). Any hints from you concerning this? Thanks with appreciation. RZ
rlzech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:22 AM   #25
inagreement1
AF Newbie

Hi RZ
Your welcome. Since I wrote my article i still haven't received a reply nor have I discovered anything new.
You asked about power loss as if your car should have more than what it is giving. The things to check is you air, fuel, ignition and exaust. Hummm...I saw the millage and year that tells me the car sat a lot. So first I first I put on a new fuel filter. It might be worth draining the tank to.
Also I open up the air box to let it breath better. In my 03 Aurora I found a restricter plate in the air box. When I took that out boy it felt like it could breath a lot better. Then of course I put a K&N air filter on it.
Since the car sat a lot next I check your coil packs for contact. Check for corrosion, sand it off and dress it up with some dielectric grease.
Your exhaust might be another contributing factor. Your mufflers could be restricting as well. I'll tell you what..when I put Flow Master mufflers of I noticed a heck of a difference. More power and better throttle response. When I got my car I had sat for a long time to.
With the pulsing brakes...You might have air in the break lines. Also I check lines and make sure they are not rotted. It be worth bleeding out the system.
With it effecting your steering...I don't know. I ask around. It doesn't have enough miles for a ti-rod to be worn.

Well best luck to you and hope I was help full.
Take care
Dave
inagreement1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #26
marxmellow
AF Newbie

Has anyone ever solved this? I have a 2001 Aurora and the same problem. One issue I had which no one else has mentioned is a leak in the drainage system for the sunroof. When I bought the car it had 2 inches of water in the back drivers side and the front was wet as well. It has been suggested to me that the water corroded the splice under the drivers seat. It has been raining a bit here so I haven't pulled the seats out yet to see if I could find it... Any Solutions yet?
Again It appears as though that I have no power to the other three doors besides the drivers - no lights, windows, mirror, etc. It has to be the serial cable but I'm uncertain how to test it.
marxmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #27
christianmom
AF Newbie

I have any 2001 Aurora. I replaced all the doors due to an accident. The door locks work only when the key is not in the ignition. they do notwork when the key is in the ignition. Further, the interior light does not come on when any door is opened. Finally, The passenger mirror is acting goofy. I adjust it to my comfort however in drive it goes where ever it wants to go and in reverse in will aim at the ground. Whats up with that?
christianmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #28
Corey614
AF Newbie

Thank you Brihoo2k. I only have the owner's manual, not the service manual.
Corey614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #29
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Christianmom, unfortunately, your vehicle is pretty complicated, when it comes to doors........

Each door has a door module, door switches, window switches, actuators, motors.......the modules communicate via a serial data line......

To find out if a circuit/module is bad, you need a scan tool capable of reading serial data(very expensive)........

Same thing with interior lights......communication via serial II data....scan tool is necessary to check communication between door modules and rear integration module....

As for your mirrors, you have to learn from your owner's manual how to "personalize" your options....your mirrors are "programmed" to point to the ground when putting the car in reverse(under personalization, you can change this).......as for setting your mirrors, you need to read your owners manual.....first you have to put the memory seat module in program mode(turn "your" key to on, press set button for one beep)....then you set your seat and mirrors.....then you have to press and hold the set button until you hear to beeps, I think....check your owner's manual.....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote