Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
Reeser100
AF Newbie

'02 Maza B4000 5-Speed Automatic transmission problems -

I am new here and not sure if I am asking this in the right place - if I am not please point me in the right direction.

I have a '02 Maza B4000 V6 5-Speed automatic (4x4) that is having a weird issue with dying while coming to a stop. Basically what happens when you roll up to a stop light and go to lift off the gas the truck completely dies. You can put it back into park and start it again without a problem - no noise from the engine - immediately after putting the truck into drive and letting off the break it dies.

We pulled over and after looking over the engine found the I think its called PCV connection from the air intake for the crank case pressure had come loose (since secured down) also found under the truck it had pretty bad transmission fluid build up around the transmission pan gasket and need to get that replaced...

After reconnecting the hose to the intake we drove home and it ran fine.

Really I just need to know what is the next thing I should look at getting replaced / serviced so I am not just throwing money at the truck. Great truck but at the end of the day its getting old.
Reeser100 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
issues , mazda , transmission , truck
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > General Discussion