Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #16
imidazol97
AF -Advisor

Re: 97 LeSabre wouldn't start during/after blizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsdale1955 View Post
However, I'm getting a bad suspicion that the UIM is part of the culprit. When pulling the plugs out, I did notice some coolant around the UIM... so apparently it did start leaking.
I'm not sure that indicative of the UIM leaking. I believe that's just coolant wicking up through the threads of the bolts. I believe they are to have a sealer applied to prevent that.
imidazol97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #17
scottsdale1955
AF Newbie

Re: 97 LeSabre wouldn't start during/after blizzard

Sorrty for the delay; I ended up just having it towed to a garage. The weather has been so screwy here that it hasn't been in my favor to work on it outdoors. I saw a small pool of coolant around the lower manifold after taking pics. The flash helped to show areas my flashlight missed But anyways, the plenom had a crack in it that was letting coolant seep into the cylinders. (well, number 6 primarily) Only drawback to bringing it in is that he didn't replace the ERP pipe... i just don't want the new one to melt, so I'll do that myself after I pay for the repair & get it back. Thank you for all the help! I'm looking forward to getting my tax return so I can get the garage insulated...finally
scottsdale1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scottsdale1955 For This Useful Post:
HotZ28 (02-18-2012)