Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
slavetothought
AF Newbie

Question 2000 Alero V6 will not start. Please help.

Timeline of events
1- Car needs to be reved when trying to start the engine. Having to push on gas pedal to get it to completely crank over. Runs fine once started.
2- Car won't start, still allows me to rev it when hitting gas pedal, but will not start.
3- Car stops letting me rev it all together.
4- Battery dies, only get clicking noise when tryng to start.
5- Jump the battery twice, still won't start, battery dies quickly.
6- Change battery, car still won't start, still won't let me give it gas, battery does not die now.
7- Car's injecting initial gas, you can smell it while trying to crank it. Spark plug still sparking.
8- While examining old spark plug, it breaks, and replace it for new spark plug. Car's still giving me the same problem.
9- Checked all fuses.
10- Security light randomly comes on solid sometimes, or just stays completely off. Battery light does the same thing.
11- Tried the 10 minute key on, 10 second key off multiple times. Security light still stays solid at random and completely off at random.

I had a friend come out who hooked up his laptop the car's computer. The dash is displaying the check engine light but his computer is not picking it up. Friend's not sure if it's a problem with the car's computer or his laptop.

Please try to offer me some advice as to where to go from here. Any input is very much appreciated. I can provide a video of what happens when I try to start it if you think that would help. If you have any questions I will answer them ASAP. Thank you so much for your time.
slavetothought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
dwbailey
AF Regular

Re: 2000 Alero V6 will not start. Please help.

Mine kinda sorta did that and it was my fuel pump that died. Cost me over $400 to replace it. Ouch! But it runs perfect now. Have you checked fuel pressure off hand?
dwbailey is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
alero , crank , oldsmobile , start , won't
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero