Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 11:57 AM   #1
Hillary66
AF Newbie

1995 evap emission harness

Hi, I just joined this group, I own a 1995 Aurora and I am having an extremely difficult time finding a replacement part. I showed it to a GM dealer and he called it an Evap emission canister purge harness. It's very small and is goes on top of the 3 holes in the throttle. It's made of rubber which has become brittle and cracked causing the car to stall. Also the small plastic bar that held it down snapped off. I have tried various ways of taping it and gluing but nothing keeps it sealed as its very cracked and it opens again when I insert the two tubes that go into holes in the back.

I have spent so much $ on this car already, radiator, brakes, alternator, battery, etc that it's ridiculous that now this small seemingly irreplaceable part is keeping the car undrivable.

The part is extinct and there is no replacement, its my bad luck that any replacements are for 1996 and up. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to solve this problem? And also how to hold the harness down without the plastic piece? I attached a photo of what the harness looks like from the bottom.

Hillary
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150213_161340.jpg (211.9 KB, 3 views)
Hillary66 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
aurora , emission , evap , harness
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora