Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 08:40 AM   #1
327chevy
AF Regular

TPMS question

I replaced one of the monitors in my trucks wheels as it no longer read.I bought a set of 4 OEM ones, the updated part number to the original and as stated replaced just the bad one,now none of them are reading.I did the re learn the same way I always have when changing from my aluminum wheels to the winter steels or whenever I rotate them but there's no readings at all.I also have the pressure monitor warning on the dash too.I'm wondering if it is a communication problem with the new tpms and the old original ones and maybe I will have to put the other 3 new ones in to match them all.I'm going to try the re learn process again and see what that does but if nothing happens then I'll try replacing the other 3 so they are all matched and go from there.
327chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:10 AM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: TPMS question

Are you sure it's the right p/n? Is the MHz the same? There is 315 and 433 MHz.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:00 PM   #3
327chevy
AF Regular

The part number is not the exact same as the original but it's supposed to be a compatible one.The original ones are 13598771 and the ones I bought that are supposed to work with the originals are 13598772.From what I can see the specs are the same as far as frequency but for whatever reason I can't get the old original ones to communicate with the one new one.I have an appointment to have the other 3 old ones swapped to the new sensors so hopefully that cures the problem.I tried to do the re learn again today but it wouldn't work.I set the system to learn by holding the lock and unlock buttons until the horn chirps,started at the front drivers wheel then the passneger front and then the rear passeneger but when I went to do the rear drivers wheel the horn chirped twice like the relearn was done before I could do the last wheel.I tried it twice and the same thing happened so it has to be a conflict with the sensors.If putting in the other 3 new ones doesn't fix the problem then I'll have to source 4 of the original part numbers.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:51 PM   #4
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Looked into it.

13598771 is 315 MHZ
13598772 is 314.9 MHz

Don't know if that .1 is enough of a difference to throw it off, but it could be.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:41 AM   #5
327chevy
AF Regular

Well I'm hoping a set of 4 the same will work.Having the other 3 put in next week so we'll see what happens.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado