Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #16
suburbanstevie
AF Newbie

Re: SEL, ABS, Brake and Trac Off lts but no codes

Update... replaced 3 engine mounts (top, lower front, and tranny), didn't attemp the lower rear.

Then sent ABS module to ModuleMasters for evaluation, they called for credit card number saying that it did need to be rebuilt. ($180 =$160 + $5 (screws) + $15 shipping). Was able to still drive car around while being serviced. Put it back in and .... (drum-roll)... the IP lites are OFF. Problem solved!

Interesting to note, once the module was off the car the "Trac Off" and "Service Vehicle Soon" lites were off, but the ABS lite stayed on (not surprising).
1998 Windstar, 3.0L
1984 Toyota Pick-Up, 22R
suburbanstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #17
stretch80
AF Newbie

99 Intrigue GL ABS but no traction control, 212,000 - with off and key out SVS, fuel low light, air bag light flashes and dings, security and antilock lights on. Things change somewhat when press brake pedal. Also sometimes parking lights stay on its random sometimes just front and sometimes front and rear. Have good battery but overnight will discharge down to 5.5 volts. To run down battery that much I believe something that draws a lot of power such as ABS must be operating. From reading others post I plan to have codes read, clean connectors and if that doesn't fix it replace brake control module. I have previously replaced ignition switch but that didn't change anything. Am I on the right track?
stretch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #18
Port Jeff Pete
AF Newbie

I have just bought a 2000 intrigue with 65,000 miles on it back in may 2013.
Now as I start the car, after the light check, all lights are off. If I drive for a few feet the car makes a lunge to the right, and sounds like the breaks are coming on, at the right wheel.
Feels like the track control is applying break to maintain control. a few more feet and the abs lets go and the PCS and service lights come on. I can drive the car fine.
I purchased the “mini ELM 327 obd module and installed the OBD Check Torque app. It does not show any fault codes or show anything wrong with the car.
Everything I have read says its either the wheel bearings/sensors or the abs control module.
How can I test the car to which it is, or what needs to be replaced.

At this point if I have to start to change out wheel hubs and the abs system, on a 14 year old car…. It may be a “ trade in “ soon…
Any idea’s?
Port Jeff Pete is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue