Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Century
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 11:09 AM   #1
db1998
AF Newbie

05 Buick Century Stereo (desperate help)

My first question for starters is pretty dumb but im curious as if there is anyway for my rear seat to fold down so I can place my amp on the rear seat when folded.

Main concern, I am hooking up a new sound system, head unit/stereo, side speakers, sub, amp. I believe I have all the cords I need for the job, I don't know why but the way buick does things with their 05 model harness I had to buy an additional 100$ connection kid for original harness to new head unit. I've finally received power to my head unit and it connects to my phone no problem, I get audio on max volume however it is very very quiet. Is this because I did not put in my aftermarket sub? Like its not hooked up yet? I don't see how I can get some audio if it wasnt working at all I figured it was something to do with sub or something but I wasn't to sure and I can't find any help anywhere. and I've already put so much time, energy and effort into it I would rather not pay for a shop to do a half done job. Any comments, suggestions, concerns are very appreciated, this is not my specialty and im losing hair! If you'd like any additional information please feel free to ask, should I hook everything up first? I don't know what it could be right now. Thank you.
db1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:34 AM   #2
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

Re: 05 Buick Century Stereo (desperate help)

Old 02-12-2018, 11:37 AM   #3
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: 05 Buick Century Stereo (desperate help)

There is no way for the rear seat to fold down.......the bottom is easily removed........then the bolts for the bottom retainers of the upper seat can be removed, and then the seat can be lifted and then out.....

As for your radio, we are completely in the dark on the brand, type, model you bought, or even if it NEEDS AN AMPLIFIER TO RUN.......

You can easily run wires to the trunk by removing the door sills on the passenger or driver's side, and then up through the rear seat.....

I would NEVER spend 100 bucks on an adapter......I would have just hard wired it.....if you spent 100 on an adapter, what did you spend on the radio? And how much for the amplifier? And yet you are using the original speakers? Doesn't make sense to spend all that money without upgrading the speakers.....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
buick , century , stereo
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Century