Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > LHS
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 04:00 PM   #1
RMB_NewJersey
AF Newbie

ABS, Airbag Lights On, No PW or ATC - Help

I need help...my 97 LHS has the ABS, Airbag lights on. The power windows won't work (driver's side window is down - so I can't drive the car around!), neither does the automatic temp control (completely shut off). I have not found any bad fuses (removed and reinstalled them), pulled the relays and reinserted them. But no help. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
RMB_NewJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #2
curtiscassida
AF Newbie

Re: ABS, Airbag Lights On, No PW or ATC - Help

I have a 1996 LHS as well. Everything was working fine. then instantly my ABS, Airbag light, no PW and ATC thing happened to me. I checked all the fuses and they were good. Then I checked to see if I had voltage out of the fuse box. I only had about 1.2 volts in the power window circuit. I am figuring there is low voltage in the other circuits as well and that is why the warning lights are on. Oh... I also checked to see if there was voltage going into the heater and AC box. I had about 14 Volts. I checked the altenator and it was good as well. I need some help!!!
curtiscassida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
dugan50
Authorized Vendor

The LHS, Concorde & Intrepid have all had a history of bad ignition switches, causing one circuit to fail. This circuit controls some of the keyed systemns nin the vehicle. (not all the keyed circuits are on one fuse or circuit). Check to see if power is coming out of all the wires from the ignition switch when the ignition is turned on.

http://www.airbagsolutions.com

http://www.stolenandrecovered.com
dugan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
troubleinnc27292
AF Newbie

My 96 LHS did the same thing after a while of poking and prodding he unplugged the PCM and plugged it back up it is running fine so far knock on wood lol.
troubleinnc27292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
troubleinnc27292
AF Newbie

Well today it started but none of the gauges worked and the heater won't turn off and that stupid airbag light is still on. I done some more research and I ran across this -- "Question
Hello,
I am having problems with my Anti-theft device. On Saturday I went to get into my 1996 Chrysler LHS and there was no power lights on the inside of the car. Immediately I knew there was a problem with the Anti-theft because this has happened before. I proceeded to lock and unlock the front doors using my key, and after 1 1/2 hrs. I was able to get the lights to come back on in the car, but when I tried to start it, the car would click on partially then die out. After trying this for a few times, my boyfriend and I tried to reset the battery and then charge it. The car will still not start. If you could give me any tips that would be great. I have someone coming over today to try to disconnect the system (maybe that will work ?)

Answer
Hi Sara,
I would suggest that you check fuses # 13 and #14 to see if they are either blown or have a small crack in their wires. If that is ok then try the trunk lock similarly as you have the door locks.
It is unclear to me if you can't get the starter to work or the engine to start (which is unrelated to the theft system) or instead that the engine will start but then dies in about 1-3 seconds (which is what happens when the theft system is in an alarmed state). So tell me about that.
I would not try to disconnect the system as it is built-in to the body computer and cannot be disconnected without messing up the communication from there to the engine controller which will then assure a No Start condition.
Let's try to fix it, not remove it."

I went and unlocked my door a couple of times and everything is back to normal all gauges and lights are normal and cranked fine. BANG HEAD HERE ( ). This car is starting to drive me nuts lol. Well hope this fixed it or it's back to reasearch.
troubleinnc27292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #6
millerman2011
AF Newbie

Your ignition switch is bad...it has nothing to do with your PCM. Same symptoms for my car and a new ignition switch solved all the problems.
millerman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:06 PM   #7
DennisDean1986
AF Newbie

My girls car Chrysler Concorde changed ignition which fixed problem but then came back
DennisDean1986 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > LHS