Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 02:39 AM   #1
EggRacin
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to EggRacin
VTEC Wiring Question...

Ok, I posted yesterday but I was still a little unclear... I have an 89 Civic DX Hatch that has the POS D15B2 engine... I bought a D16Z6 VTEC Complete Engine with the Wiring Harness on the engine and a VTEC Computer to match....

Now I've heard that the problems in the wiring are going to come from the fact that my wires are set up for dpfi whereas the vtec is mpfi... I looked on the net and saw that you can do it yourself but I also saw a company making obd0 to obd1 wiring conversion kits so that the wiring work is already done since i'm not great with wiring... So if I get this conversion kit, will that solve the wiring problem? My question is will the plugs that are on the wiring harness of the motor itself plug into those of the existing dash harness to where I would use this conversion kit and be done with the wiring?
EggRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:29 AM   #2
hitr99
AF Regular

Re: VTEC Wiring Question...

no, i do believe that you have to convert your car to mpfi, then you can use the ecu adapter. Thats what the guys from locash racing told me anyway. im doing a b18c1 in my 89 sedan!!
hitr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:44 AM   #3
Killa_CRX
When Civics Attack!

You will need to convert your car from DPFI to MPFI... fairly easy to do this on your own, or HASport does the conversion for $250 or so... but then you'd still be hacking into the converted harness to convert over to OBD1... which you can buy an OBD0-OBD1 harness from http://www.jkobdconversionharness.com/
Old 01-27-2004, 11:09 AM   #4
amy@af
Traffic Directing Admin

Send a message via Skype™ to amy@af

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_CRX
You will need to convert your car from DPFI to MPFI... http://www.jkobdconversionharness.com/

pretty much any swap you would want to do will require upgrading to MPFI.

$250 for a MPFI conversion harness? damn, i need to tell jer to start making them. i know he'll hook them up for less. i think $250 is really just paying for the HASport name.

for the harness that goes from p28 ecu (92-95 si/ex) to your hjarness will run around $175 shipped. i have been sending people to Jason(Turbo_EK@yahoo.com) for a couple of years now. you use that conversion harness and extend 8 wires off it.

habib (waoh, who remembers that old skool name?) was showing me a conversion harness the other night that runs around $300-350 and is a 1 wires conversion harness. i forgot to bookmark the link i'll have to ask him for it

..don't make me send Setanta over in his Waambulance to give you an aloe tissue for your sensitive nose!

*~ ~> USeR GUiDELiNeS*<~ ~*

I <3 the G Ride ~*~ I <3 OLD SKooL
amy@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 12:00 PM   #5
EggRacin
AF Newbie

Will this work for me just the same doing the dpfi to mpfi switch?
Old 01-27-2004, 12:03 PM   #6
EggRacin
AF Newbie

Nevermind that post, can anyone give me a good site showing me how to do the conversion so my 89 civic dx can run my 92 vtec ecu?
Old 01-27-2004, 12:07 PM   #7
amy@af
Traffic Directing Admin

Send a message via Skype™ to amy@af
Re: Re: VTEC Wiring Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggRacin
Will this work for me just the same doing the dpfi to mpfi switch?
there are 2 options with the swap

1) use p28 ecu to control vtec

2) when you MPFI use pm6 ecu (88-91 si) + RPM activated switch or VAFC to control vtec.

you can go to www.4thGenerationCivic.com drop by the engine section and there are a bunch of how-to links. a lot of them we used when my y8 was dropped in. after you do a little reading, feel free to ask more questions that might come up

edit: while you're at the civic site, also stop by the how-to section. within that section is a Performance section. you can find a how-to on the MPFI conversion there

..don't make me send Setanta over in his Waambulance to give you an aloe tissue for your sensitive nose!

*~ ~> USeR GUiDELiNeS*<~ ~*

I <3 the G Ride ~*~ I <3 OLD SKooL
amy@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:54 PM   #8
Steven3472
AF Newbie

Can someone point me in the right direction, I just bought an 07 3.5L vtec motor with wiring harness and ecu and need some help to make this a stand alone motor thanks.
Steven3472 is offline   Reply With Quote