Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
luhar
AF Newbie

Need advice

Hi, I am seriously considering purchasing a 2009 or 2010 VW Jetta TDI wagon. I have never owned a VW. I am apprehensive about purchasing this car for a few reasons: 1. People have warned me about the astronomical repair costs. 2. I know diesel engines are more prone to various failures. 3. I have done basic repairs to my previous vehicles (things like changing the starter or signal lever) to save money, but I'm not sure if the basic 'do-it-yourselfer' can work on these cars. 4. VW's have been known for electrical problems (at least in the 2000's models). 5. I have not had the opportunity to speak with an owner of one of these vehicles about their satisfaction and opinions on reliability. 6. In general, I'm curious how many miles I can expect to get on this car before major repairs are necessary (assuming I do not get a lemon).

I have researched the car pretty extensively and have done a test drive, overall, it is exactly what I am looking for in terms of torque, horsepower, cargo space, fuel economy and leg space.

Can anyone offer some answers to any of my concerns listed above? I would greatly appreciate the input!
luhar is offline   Reply With Quote