Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 11:30 AM   #1
murph7727
AF Newbie

Speed Sensors on '96 Grand Caravan

I have been posting a 1996 Grand Caravan 3.0 about its tranny troubles. I have been hearing from alot of you that it may be sensors, solenoid, etc... rather than the tranny itself. Someone also said that it could be a group of wires that need to be spliced together. Another mentioned input and output speed sensors. MY QUESTION IS: What do the speed sensors look like and where are they located at? Also are they something that I could pull out and have tested at Advance Auto or something? Any replies with ideas on my tranny problem or the location of sensors would be greatly appreciated! Thank-you! I will reply if this turns out to be the problem.

If you have ideas about tranny or know alot about them please look at past posts under MURPH7727! Thanks again!
murph7727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 11:49 AM   #2
murph7727
AF Newbie

Re: Speed Sensors on '96 Grand Caravan

I've got the van up on stands looking for the speed sensors both input and output. I don't really know what I am looking at. Can someone please help me?
murph7727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:33 PM   #3
cbwilsha
AF Regular

Mike--I have scanned a page from my 2005 T&C Service Manual showing in and out sensors and yours is probably similar. Send me your email address and I will send it to you. I am at cbwilsha@aol.com.

C.B.
cbwilsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 01:42 PM   #4
Theadius
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Speed Sensors on '96 Grand Caravan

C.B. - I am looking for the same information. See your PM.
Theadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 02:42 PM   #5
cbwilsha
AF Regular

Theadius--I have not received an email from you or murph7727. When I do, I will be glad to send you the info.

C.B.
cbwilsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 06:31 PM   #6
Windywoes
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Windywoes Send a message via Yahoo to Windywoes
Re: Re: Speed Sensors on '96 Grand Caravan

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph7727
I've got the van up on stands looking for the speed sensors both input and output. I don't really know what I am looking at. Can someone please help me?
Murph: If they are similar to mine the sensors are located on the trans housing sort of under the air box. They look a little like large spark plugs. The input sensor is closest to the engine and the output sensor is in the same plane but toward the driver's fender by about 6"-8". There are two other sensors that look similar, but they are much lower down on the trans housing closer to the pan. You will need a 1" socket to remove them. They are plastic so do not over torque. Of course you will need to remove the connector to each sensor first. I think the input sensor is best removed from above and the input from below. It took a total of 10 minutes to do both. Good luck.
Windywoes is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager