Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 09:27 AM   #1
jaconaway
AF Newbie

Unhappy Wipers will Not come on at all

My front wipers will not come on unless I use the button that put washer fluid on the windows. Even with that the wipers only stay on for one or two passes. Also I'll be drive down the road and the lights will dome light will flash, the doors will lock and unlock and the "door ajar" blicks on and off. Thanks
jaconaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:03 PM   #2
kirkp
AF Newbie

Re: Wipers will Not come on at all

I remember the second part happened frequently on our '95 Voyager. Turns out the grounding braid was not making constant contact with the frame. It was an easy fix, although the dealer did it since the van was still under warranty.
kirkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:58 AM   #3
jaconaway
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Wipers will Not come on at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkp
I remember the second part happened frequently on our '95 Voyager. Turns out the grounding braid was not making constant contact with the frame. It was an easy fix, although the dealer did it since the van was still under warranty.
Do you know were the grounding braid is located? I did find a grounding wire located around the o2 sensor at the exhaust manifold. Could that be it? If so were should it be grounded? Thank you!
Old 07-24-2004, 11:56 AM   #4
kirkp
AF Newbie

As I recall, the braid was in the front near the battery, but I was so pissed that the van was having this issue and was only a few months old, I did not actually take stock of where it attached. The dealer actually properly diagnosed the issue.

A year or so later we ran into another situation where the console "dinged", the dome lights flashed on and off and the door ajar signal went on and off. This usually happened when we would hit a bump, but not always. This was caused by the sensor in the sliding door on the passenger side. the contact was not quite tight enough. So if the door shifted even slightly the plunger style sensor would think that the door was ajar. I fixed this by taping a small rubber spacer to the frame where the door sensor made contact. This just pushed the plunger in a tad more and we never had the problem again. I remember that it was extremely annoying because it continually got worse prior to my 10 cent fix and was like having a light show going on every time we drove the van at night.
kirkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 07:12 AM   #5
jaconaway
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Wipers will Not come on at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkp
A year or so later we ran into another situation where the console "dinged", the dome lights flashed on and off and the door ajar signal went on and off. This usually happened when we would hit a bump, but not always. This was caused by the sensor in the sliding door on the passenger side. the contact was not quite tight enough. So if the door shifted even slightly the plunger style sensor would think that the door was ajar. I fixed this by taping a small rubber spacer to the frame where the door sensor made contact. This just pushed the plunger in a tad more and we never had the problem again. I remember that it was extremely annoying because it continually got worse prior to my 10 cent fix and was like having a light show going on every time we drove the van at night.
So far so good. I did notice the plungers were worn down quite a bit! Thanks!!
Old 09-03-2004, 09:06 PM   #6
rcdoan
AF Newbie

Did you ever get a definate fix for the wipers? I am having the same problem now. The dealer can't find it, or so he says. Just wondering how much this fix might cost?
rcdoan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager