Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 04:41 PM   #1
p_medica
AF Newbie

Caravan A/C Heater Control Module - Fault Codes

Hey, I am trying to troubleshoot my “no heat” problem in my 97 Dodge Caravan. I took it into the dealer and they said I needed to replace the A/C Heater Control Module however I am a skeptic. Every thing seams to work; from the A/C to the recirculation door, the mixing door and the fan selector. I suspect it is the A/C zone door actuator. Either the motor is faulty or the control module is not sending a signal for the door to open. I cannot hear a motor whining sound when I depress the A/C selector switch (although the light does come on and the A/C works). My thought is the door will not shut and allow air to be vented to the heat exchanger.

Q. When you depress the A/C button and see the light come on, should I hear some low noise motor motion that is repositioning the door?

Q. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the fault code lights for the A/C Heater Control Module and the procedure or sequence of steps to operate the lights? I see here where you have identified the procedure for resetting the system.

P_medica@hotmail.com
Old 11-30-2003, 12:20 PM   #2
p_medica
AF Newbie

Fault Codes found at Allpar website

Had to answer my own question: the procedure for operating the A/C Heater Control Module diagnostic system can be found at the Allpar Website:

http://www.allpar.com/model/m/minivans.html

You can find the transmission & engine management system fault codes and diagnostic operations on the site. Enjoy!

I STILL NEED SOMEONE TO TELL ME IF A MOTOR NOISE IS HEARD WHEN DEPRESSING THE A/C Selector Button.

Please let me know: p_medica@hotmail.com