Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 04:48 AM   #1
houtendvan
AF Newbie

Question Dashboard - GPS Antenna

Hi All,

I have a Dodge Ram Van (In the USA a Dodge Caravan) from 1996 with 210000 KM / 130500 M. I bought a GPS navigation system (VDO 4150RS C-IQ). Does anyone know how to disassemble the top of the dashboard (where the front speakers are) so I can hide my GPS antenna under the dashboard ?

And does someone know where the side lights + cable and rear light + cable is located inside the car ? Otherwise I can get them from the rear lightunit, but if someone know a better place.....

Dennis
houtendvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 09:10 PM   #2
nutmeg_runner
AF Newbie

Re: Dashboard - GPS Antenna

The top of the dashboard pops out. There are several metal clips along the front edge, velcro near the windshield if I remember correctly. There is one wire harness connection for the information center. I started on the passenger side and gently pried the cover up after taking off the side post covers. There was one metal clip on the driver side nearer the windshield. Have not explored the wiring for the lights yet so I cannot help you there.
nutmeg_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 03:49 AM   #3
houtendvan
AF Newbie

Thanks for the info !

If someone know where to find the cables, please let me know.

Update:

I made extra cables from the rear lightunit to the front of the car. Driver side side light = gray-yellow, passenger side: green-yellow. Reverse light passenger side: purple.

There is a big connector at the rear on the driver side where all cables come together. But the source is going behind the plates so you can't follow them to tht front of the car. That's why I tapped them from the lightunit.

Speed puls line is white-orange. I have a Turbo Diesel and this cable is located at the passenger side, motorcompartment, at the bulkhead bottom connector of 3, pin 4. (I knew that one.... )

Mebey there are others who can use this info.

Last edited by houtendvan; 11-28-2003 at 05:25 PM.
houtendvan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager