Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 11:00 PM   #1
hdben
AF Newbie

Unhappy Factory Radio Codes for Honda Help

Have a 98 honda that radio won't come on after install of cd changer at Best Buy. They unplugged battery and now radio is out. They said I need the code. Bought car used and no # in owners manual. How do I get the code and put it in. Dealer wants $$ and just spent it on changer. I have serial # but am lost on what to do next.
hdben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 12:30 AM   #2
gnushit
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gnushit Send a message via Yahoo to gnushit
Re: Factory Radio Codes for Honda Help

the dealer is lying. as part of "customer service" they're suppose to give you that code. call another dealer and give them your vin number and radio serial number and you're set.

"women are like guitars, they all come with strings attached" - king of the hill
gnushit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:40 AM   #3
gunnmen01
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to gunnmen01 Send a message via Yahoo to gunnmen01
message me the serial number i can help you out

gunnmen01
Old 12-29-2003, 12:07 PM   #4
meanandgreen
AF Newbie

Exclamation

My sister just bought a 98 Accord Coupe Ex with the CD player in the dash. It had a CD stuck in it and she didn't figure it out until we got home. She told me she bought it from a dealer only after I had pulled the stereo out. The dealer should replace the radio as I cannot get the CD out and it wants a dealer code. I wanted to at least get the radio working again so they will replace it and not try to say it was me. I called out local honda dealer, they wanted me to bring it in and pay for the code. I thought that the dealer would supply the code if I gave them the VIN. Can you guys help me out?

Email: s-gewige@mail.vjc.edu
AIM: KsrWhlm

Thanks.
Bill Geiger
meanandgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 11:27 PM   #5
killah_xft
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to killah_xft Send a message via AIM to killah_xft
that's the problem with the EX's , how lucky I am that I have an LX that the CD player, and radio don't have that anti-theft code crap.. and yeah I had a tape deck originally, But I wanted the stock look, and I wanted a CD player... so I got a honda CD deck..cheap.. dealers wanted $400 (fuk that). E-Bay to the rescue!
Black 1999 Honda Accord LX, Bombz Cold Air Intake, DC Sports Ceramic Exhaust header, "Rally racing" Foglights, 400 watt coustic 401SE AMP, 450 watt Bazooka TVB 141 Tri-vent triangle sub. 220 watt Pioneer 6.5" 3-way (in doors).

To come: Dynamat, Borla exhaust system, and 17" Koenig Absolute (black w/ chome lip), Coilovers, & camber kit (1-1.5 drop), Extensive Engine mods.

check me out on: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/515191
killah_xft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 12:45 AM   #6
gnushit
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gnushit Send a message via Yahoo to gnushit
Re: Factory Radio Codes for Honda Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanandgreen
My sister just bought a 98 Accord Coupe Ex with the CD player in the dash. It had a CD stuck in it and she didn't figure it out until we got home. She told me she bought it from a dealer only after I had pulled the stereo out. The dealer should replace the radio as I cannot get the CD out and it wants a dealer code. I wanted to at least get the radio working again so they will replace it and not try to say it was me. I called out local honda dealer, they wanted me to bring it in and pay for the code. I thought that the dealer would supply the code if I gave them the VIN. Can you guys help me out?

Email: s-gewige@mail.vjc.edu
AIM: KsrWhlm

Thanks.
Bill Geiger
hm, time for a mp3 cd player :P

try going back to the place where she bought it and say they NEED to fix it under the lemon law?

"women are like guitars, they all come with strings attached" - king of the hill
gnushit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 07:05 PM   #7
gunnmen01
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to gunnmen01 Send a message via Yahoo to gunnmen01
thats not the kind of thing covered under a lemon law... but if she just bought it from a dealer they should fix it for her anyway.... just be decent when you go back and talk to them about fixing it..

gunnmen01

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio