Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 01:44 PM   #1
03GMCSonoma
AF Newbie

Aftermarket amp install

07 Malibu Ls. Using factory radio. I want to install additional amp and sub in trunk. Question is this, does the factory radio have an output for remote amp turn on circuit? Or does it have a power antenna output that I could use for this? And if it has the power antenna output, does it stay powered up while listening to a cd? I realize that I can use any key on power for this but I prefer to let the radio control the amp if possible.
03GMCSonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:41 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: Aftermarket amp install

If you used an antenna wire it would only be powered when listening to the radio itself. It would not work with CD's. I doubt there is a separate amp turn on, but you could tie into the accessory on going to the radio. That would allow the amp to stay on with the radio even after you shut the car off until you open your door.

Also, in case you don't know in order to put an aftermarket amp in you are going to need to install a line level converter as the factory radio does not have auxillary (rca) outputs.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu