Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sorento
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 05:21 PM   #1
Victor77
AF Newbie

2004 Kia Sorento 3.5L V6 Upper Oil Pan Removal

I need help with the removal of the upper oil pan. It was easy removing all the bolts and the lower oil pan but when I tried to remove the upper oil pan I had some issues. At first, the upper oil pan did not drop low enough because the rack and pinion was in the way. I moved the rack and pinion to the side to have enough space for the back side of the upper oil pan to drop low enough to remove but now there is something else holding it up. I did see the tube for the dip stick was bolted to the block and took that off so there is something on the back side of the upper oil pan not letting it drop completely. I did not want to tug hard on it because I am afraid I will damage something I am missing. Does anyone know what is hanging it up from dropping all the way? If so, how do you completely remove the upper oil pan? I checked the service manual and I could not find what it could be.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Victor77 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
oil , pan , upper
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sorento