Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > MDX | Pilot
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 11:39 AM   #1
meporsche
AF Newbie

2010 Honda Pilot wheel sensor warning lights

Hello,
Started up the Pilot yesterday and bingo! The AWD (VTS-4) Stability (VSA), Tire pressure warning and ABS all lit up and stayed on. My OBD reader did not show any fault codes. Took it to Advance Auto, they have a not so great reader but it did not pull any anything either.

I am guessing there is a bad fuse/wire component or wheel sensor that has gone belly up. However, if this is the case I am at a loss to determine which wheel/circuit. I've yet to find an accurate diagram or schematic of which fuses in a Pilot correspond to which circuits.

Can anyone provide some advice or help? I can't be the first guy this has happened to.

Thanks if you can, Darwin
meporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 03:01 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: 2010 Honda Pilot wheel sensor warning lights

If a scanner won't tell you which sensor is dead you could do some basic diagnostics to find the culprit. I'd start with a visual inspection. More often than not its going to be a front sensor. Look for any breaks. Be aware that the wheel bearing could cause the fault too.

If you can't find any visual issues you could test the sensor(s) by unplugging it, and using a multimeter to test for functionality. There are tons of write ups all over the internet and even YouTube videos explaining how to do it.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:25 PM   #3
Rose Henry
AF Newbie

Re: 2010 Honda Pilot wheel sensor warning lights

Hi! You may want to check for any cut on the speed sensor cable underneath the car , a Car Jack will be needed. Or, levels in the fluid reservoir. If brakes take longer to stop car, most probably it is a failed ABS sensor or other components. Hope this helps
Rose Henry is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > MDX | Pilot