Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 08:05 AM   #46
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: Banter thread 2014

I was always a Muscle car and sports car guy. Whenever someone said Electric car I instantly thought tree huggers love there slow as crap golf cart but honestly this car is amazing. It has autopilot and Full Self Driving (prepsid for fsd but not activated til law allows)options so in the morning I punch in my work address and it drives me to work (switches lanes to pass people, gets on and off on ramps in between highways) and it surprised me just how quick it is. I got the dual motor awd but the car was already pushing my budget so couldn’t spring for another 10k for the performance option on top of the 64k I was already paying but it still runs mid 12s at 110mph all day at the local 1/4 I took it to. Which is crazy to me, I was beating some really sweet cars that I thought where going to smoke me https://photos.app.goo.gl/7q6RMXGYZCrFTZU67 .So longer story short lol. I like it against all instincts lol, can’t rev at people unless it’s thru a speaker lmfao but driving it around like a r.c. Car thru my app kinda makes that ok.
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.

Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
FormulaLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:18 AM   #47
stone_mound_camaro
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaLT1 View Post
I was always a Muscle car and sports car guy. Whenever someone said Electric car I instantly thought tree huggers love there slow as crap golf cart but honestly this car is amazing. It has autopilot and Full Self Driving (prepsid for fsd but not activated til law allows)options so in the morning I punch in my work address and it drives me to work (switches lanes to pass people, gets on and off on ramps in between highways) and it surprised me just how quick it is. I got the dual motor awd but the car was already pushing my budget so couldn’t spring for another 10k for the performance option on top of the 64k I was already paying but it still runs mid 12s at 110mph all day at the local 1/4 I took it to. Which is crazy to me, I was beating some really sweet cars that I thought where going to smoke me https://photos.app.goo.gl/7q6RMXGYZCrFTZU67 .So longer story short lol. I like it against all instincts lol, can’t rev at people unless it’s thru a speaker lmfao but driving it around like a r.c. Car thru my app kinda makes that ok.
It does seem pretty cool.I mean, they look much better than Leafs or Volts or Priuses which is a plus. That's really IMO what is holding back electric cars from taking off. People are open to it if they just stop making them look like shitty deformed microwaves. Tesla capitalized on that and made them look like normal cars. My only thing is that, even though the look "stylish" in a put together kind of way, they don't quite look aggressive enough for me. I get that they are super fast. And loaded with tech.The front is cool, the back kind of looks....eggish. The coolest electric car I've seen was a Karma. I was coming out of a pizza hut one day about to get into my car and this older guy, like 60..probably Biz Exec... whizzes on right beside me and stops. I swear his car sounds like a spaceship. Its whirring and humming and sounding like something from the future. When he rolled down his window, I half expected one of those condensation clouds(the kind you see in sci-fi movies when someone opens the door of a spaceship) to come floating out too.He goes, "Nice Vette!' And I laugh like "Are you serious?" He give me a thumbs up and hums right on by. It was insane.

car audio guru...
stone_mound_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 11:24 AM   #48
camaromaniac
AF Enthusiast

Whew, what have we here? Havent posted on this site in over a decade, but decided to check in on a whim. And what do I find? The man with hamster sized genitals and all his friends! Aaaand all these 20 year old emojis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally Sport 92
Dont get me wrong though i'd love a Lt1 in my Camaro even if it had Richard Simmons strapped onto my hood naked..
camaromaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:05 AM   #49
Earlsfat
Cheesesteakoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_mound_camaro View Post
I completely shut down my FB. I mean, it's still up and active. But I basically put everyone on "unfollow" so I can't see their ridiculous political posts. I only get on FB these days to check out the Ducati group that Im a part of. It feels great to Log on FB and see a completely empty page. I have no "stories" or "news feeds" or any of that crap. My go to social media outlet is Instagram. I enjoy seeing pictures of people and posting pictures of my travels and life.

Yep... I have 2 people who I have the feeds left on... they mostly post jokes and dumb shit that makes me laugh. Everyone else won't hesitate to call you a worthless cocksucker over politics, THEN expect to see you at the next holiday and want to be all chummy. Fuck that noise. Mute button... THAT way if they want to say some outlandish shit to my face at least I have a chance to punch them in the fucking throat.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"All you want to talk about is money, let's talk about love, and sex... forget love, let's just talk about sex. "
Earlsfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 03:43 PM   #50
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlsfat View Post
Yep... I have 2 people who I have the feeds left on... they mostly post jokes and dumb shit that makes me laugh. Everyone else won't hesitate to call you a worthless cocksucker over politics, THEN expect to see you at the next holiday and want to be all chummy. Fuck that noise. Mute button... THAT way if they want to say some outlandish shit to my face at least I have a chance to punch them in the fucking throat.
I hear that, I only respond to political posts if its super outlandish and even then, mostly just move on. Its like trying to argue over what your favorite food is , your opinion is never going to mesh with someone 100% and why have a sword fight online about it?. Hope everything had a awesome thanksgiving.
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.

Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
FormulaLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:29 PM   #51
Earlsfat
Cheesesteakoholic

Aside from hating turkey... it was pretty good, lol. I find it amusing to fuck your wife in your inlaws house... makes the stay interesting.

"All you want to talk about is money, let's talk about love, and sex... forget love, let's just talk about sex. "
Old 11-26-2018, 10:05 PM   #52
Genopsyde
The President

Send a message via AIM to Genopsyde Send a message via Yahoo to Genopsyde

The only reason i asked about social media is because a local forum i used to be on shut down and moved to a Facebook group. It seems to work well and could possibly be an option. Otherwise i only use it for networking rescue dogs and keeping in touch with distant relatives.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:40 AM   #53
Earlsfat
Cheesesteakoholic

I like to stay off that fucking thing as much as possible. It may seem stupid, but at least on a separate site some of the ludicrous shit I say and laugh about is sorta/kinda kept where it won't be misconstrued and used against me, lol.

Old 11-27-2018, 10:32 AM   #54
stone_mound_camaro
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genopsyde View Post
The only reason i asked about social media is because a local forum i used to be on shut down and moved to a Facebook group. It seems to work well and could possibly be an option. Otherwise i only use it for networking rescue dogs and keeping in touch with distant relatives.
Oh wow. How does that whole rescue dog thing work out? Is it just specific breeds or what?

car audio guru...
Old 12-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #55
Earlsfat
Cheesesteakoholic

beep......beep......beep......beep......beeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Old 12-05-2018, 08:57 PM   #56
stone_mound_camaro
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlsfat View Post
beep......beep......beep......beep......beeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
Welp, that was a short run, eh?

car audio guru...
Old 12-07-2018, 07:26 AM   #57
Earlsfat
Cheesesteakoholic

Yep, it was.

Talk to you guys in a few years, I guess.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:34 PM   #58
Genopsyde
The President

Send a message via AIM to Genopsyde Send a message via Yahoo to Genopsyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_mound_camaro View Post
Oh wow. How does that whole rescue dog thing work out? Is it just specific breeds or what?

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention...lol

It all depends on who you transport for. There are many different coordinators and rescue groups out there. Some are breed specific, some are not. I drive for 2 different coordinators, one is breed specific, the other is not. And even with the breed specific coordinator, I have transported different breeds with them. We all have the same goal and compassion.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:43 AM   #59
1986Z28
Has a Camaro

Send a message via MSN to 1986Z28

Bump......

1986 Z28, 400ci SBC, Twin borg warner billet S467 turbos, Reid case powerglide, Moser 9". Holley EFI, Boost Leash. 950RWHP on pump gas, 1200rwhp on race gas (22 psi)

Best ET 1/4: 8.35 @ 170mph (275 drag radial)
Best ET 1/8: 5.44 @ 132mph (275 drag radial)
Best 60': 1.31 on the back tires (275 drag radial)

AF User Rules/Guidelines

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html
1986Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 11:43 AM   #60
1986Z28
Has a Camaro

Send a message via MSN to 1986Z28

Anyone???

1986 Z28, 400ci SBC, Twin borg warner billet S467 turbos, Reid case powerglide, Moser 9". Holley EFI, Boost Leash. 950RWHP on pump gas, 1200rwhp on race gas (22 psi)

Best ET 1/4: 8.35 @ 170mph (275 drag radial)
Best ET 1/8: 5.44 @ 132mph (275 drag radial)
Best 60': 1.31 on the back tires (275 drag radial)

AF User Rules/Guidelines

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html
1986Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic