Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 09:02 AM   #16
12Ounce
AF Fanatic

Re: Half million mile milestone.

I try to keep my coolant super safe. My coolant mixture is usually good to minus 40 degrees and a bit alkaline (anti-acid). I keep a few ounces of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) on board in a small zip lock. If coolant is added, baking soda is added ... to the point of having a very slight white residue on surfaces of overflow reservoir, no more. I believe baking soda helps keep the internals clean and corrosion-free. But try at your own risk!!
12Ounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:13 PM   #17
tomj76
AF Enthusiast

Just to add to 12Ounce, my '96 Windstar just turned over 400,000 a few months ago. It was such a momentous occasion that I pulled over & took pictures of the odometer. I think if I make it to 500,000 I might need to turn the car into a monument.

I've found that my Windstar has started to experience failure to things that rarely break on a car... for example my speedometer cable failed, a few injectors have failed (the last two only acted up when they were hot), and my persistent but very odd and very inconsistent P0741 code.

Onward and upward!
tomj76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 11:59 AM   #18
12Ounce
AF Fanatic

Now I'm on way to 600K I suppose. I had wanted to buy a new large Lincoln, but am reading some discouraging news about Lincoln's reliability ....

Does anyone here have info about Lincoln's quality ?
12Ounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 05:31 AM   #19
azharj
AF Regular

Red face Re: Half million mile milestone.

12 Once
Congratulation! Mine 2000 Now 320000 miles. Bought used 210000 miles. Initially I had some driveability issues. Thanks to the forum and all members like you wisiwind notably, and my own diagnostic scanner stopped depending upon mechanics, I fixed them all. I installed after market 10 inch wifi android 8 Chinese head unit 100 $, front camera and back camera. Easy parking and easy navigation with google maps. I had to repaint it. It is solid no rust. No CEL. Dont like anyother car. Enjoyed 1000 mile drive with Good Working AC. Heater actuator replaced once the used a wire to control but now replaced with metallic gears aftermarket used in Ford Transit. I bought them from ebay UK. Tranny is original, head gasket and valves changed once all the cooling system radiator, bottle, bottle cover, y pipes heater core both radiator fans and rubber pipes behind the engine with T replaced with plumbing simple metal T. :runar ound:
azharj is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar