Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daewoo > Nubira
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 01:24 AM   #1
laurajean60
AF Newbie

Daewoo Nubira

Brand new to the forum and stumbling through this. I own a 1999 Nubira and when the car hits a bump I get a loud crunching sound coming from the front right wheel well. It seems to smooth out the longer I drive the car. It is affected by temperature. The colder it is the more it does it. My mechanics cannot seem to figure it out. They thought the bushings (?) were dry and hit them with some graphite. Anyone had this problem?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
L J
laurajean60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:50 AM   #2
Woowagon
AF Newbie

Re: Daewoo Nubira

Lower control arm bushings, I believe. The material they use is already known to wear out quickly and cause a swerve under certain accel/decel situations.

This same material is probably the cause for the noise in the cold as well. Mine does the same right now (swerve and noise) at 50,000 miles.
Woowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:07 PM   #3
laurajean60
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Daewoo Nubira

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajean60
Brand new to the forum and stumbling through this. I own a 1999 Nubira and when the car hits a bump I get a loud crunching sound coming from the front right wheel well. It seems to smooth out the longer I drive the car. It is affected by temperature. The colder it is the more it does it. My mechanics cannot seem to figure it out. They thought the bushings (?) were dry and hit them with some graphite. Anyone had this problem?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
L J
Thanks for the reply, I will check it out. By the way, I had the fuel injector sensors change with the recall. My check engine light finally went out. Last month I had my car vandelized, tires slashed and something was put in my gas tank. I spotted it before I started the car. I had it put on a flat bed and taken to the shop where they dropped the tank and clean it out. Put a new fuel filter on it for good measure. Filled it up with gas and then when it got down to about a quarter of a tank, the check engine light went on. Been constant since. Related or not?? Car only has 50,000 and is a 1999. Runs great so far and in fact, my gas mileage went to 30 from 24. Any ideas??
LJ
laurajean60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:12 AM   #4
MeettheCreeper
AF Regular

Re: Re: Daewoo Nubira

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajean60
Thanks for the reply, I will check it out. By the way, I had the fuel injector sensors change with the recall. My check engine light finally went out. Last month I had my car vandelized, tires slashed and something was put in my gas tank. I spotted it before I started the car. I had it put on a flat bed and taken to the shop where they dropped the tank and clean it out. Put a new fuel filter on it for good measure. Filled it up with gas and then when it got down to about a quarter of a tank, the check engine light went on. Been constant since. Related or not?? Car only has 50,000 and is a 1999. Runs great so far and in fact, my gas mileage went to 30 from 24. Any ideas??
LJ

First you have bad control arm bushings, its better and easier to replace the whole control arm IMO. I have also seen bad sway bar links make noise. The sockets dry out and make noise.

Your check engine lite could be on for 600+ reasons.

I dont know of any fuel injector sensor. Perhaps you are speaking of Cam position sensor??? THere is a recall on that.

You may have left the gas cap loose when you filled it. THat will cause the MIL to turn on.

I have also replaced several injectors on Daewoos for misfire problems. Mostly they are sticking form lack of lubrication.
MeettheCreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #5
Woowagon
AF Newbie

I am in agreement with Mr. Creeper about the following:

- replacing the complete control arm instead of the bushings. I looked into just doing the bushings but the cost of the arm is low enough to make sense. Plus you get a new ball joint already installed as icing on the cake.

- no such thing as a "fuel injector sensor". Camshaft position sensor is what you are referring to. Definately a recall item.

- leaving the gas cap loose will cause the "engine light" to come on with most any car made in the last 10+ years.
Woowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #6
xochesh
AF Newbie

Daewoo Nubira

i have 2001 daewoo nubira and i had check engine light on for some time and one day it just stopped working whail i was driving
i asked one dude to take a look at it and he said that the gas is not reaching pestons he checked fule filter and its good he thinks theres something with injector. is he right or not
tnx for any halp
xochesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:48 AM   #7
AngryOne
AF Newbie

Trash it. Daewoo is a problem car. Have an 8 year old and since it was only 2 years old it have been numerous of problems with it. Electrical system bad and mechanical like brakes, engine. Suspension squeeking, specially when cold. Windows doesn't work properly, doors freezes when cold, no matter how often you lubricate them (have done it many times, but tired of taking off the inner door plate every time). Now I have to change the brakes on the back wheel again, after only 2 years and 5 - 6000km. All the break fluid pipes is bad and have to be replaced. Changed the top (powerhead) gasket after only 122.000km. Had to completely demount the whole engine to get it out. Head lights blinking, backing (reverse) lights doesn't work, can't find the problem. Had to change the locks on the front door, and now after only a few months they busted again. Poor system. Safety anti theft (starting stopper) acts, been like that for years. Problems starting it from time to time. And the list goes on and on. Have owned/driven everyting from Lada to BMW and Mercedes and trucks. Been working with and driven cars/trucks for 20 years and never experienced a worse car than Daewoo. Even the Lada was better and 100 times more reliable. And Chevrolet must have been insane wanting to put their mark on that crappy thing. Bad, bad, bad.
AngryOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:38 AM   #8
LeighSwanson35
AF Newbie

My reverse gear stopped working on my 2001 Daewoo Nubira

I drove my 2001 Daewoo Nubira to Southcenter mall today from Shoreline. When I got back to my house I realized that I needed to move my car so my roommate had space to park in the driveway. I put the car in reverse and stepped down on the gas pedal but nothing happened. The engine would just rev like the car was in Neutral. I tried playing with the gear shifter and put the car in drive and then back to reverse but the same thing kept happening... Drive worked fine but the car would not go into reverse. Could this be the result of low transmission fluid? Or does this mean I need a new transmission? I hope it's a quick and more importantly cheap fix but I fear the worst. I don't know much about cars so if there is anyone out there who has any ideas for me please please please let me know. Thanks
LeighSwanson35 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daewoo > Nubira