Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Probe
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
irkorn18
AF Newbie

Question Overheating issue

I have a 1993 Probe GT and I have overheating issues once in a while. I'll try to be as detailed as possible. I flushed my radiator, and refilled with 50/50, then I blew air through all the hoses to make sure no clogs were there and through the radiator. Then I replaced my thermostat and the antifreeze started flowing through the lower hose again into the radiator, that was my first issue. My driver fan will kick on whenever it feels like it, but my passenger side does nothing. I've replaced the replays for both of them, and they both have power going to them. I've taken out the fan sensors that tell the fans when to kick on I believe that are on both sides of the fill cap at the end of the upper hose. I did wire the passenger fan to a toggle, but it's not very efficient because it gets too hot so I assume my 14g wire with 20a fuse aren't really that great for it. If someone can point me in some direction for me to start heading, I would appreciate it. Thank you
irkorn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Re: Overheating issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by irkorn18 View Post
I have a 1993 Probe GT and I have overheating issues once in a while. I'll try to be as detailed as possible. I flushed my radiator, and refilled with 50/50, then I blew air through all the hoses to make sure no clogs were there and through the radiator. Then I replaced my thermostat and the antifreeze started flowing through the lower hose again into the radiator, that was my first issue. My driver fan will kick on whenever it feels like it, but my passenger side does nothing. I've replaced the replays for both of them, and they both have power going to them. I've taken out the fan sensors that tell the fans when to kick on I believe that are on both sides of the fill cap at the end of the upper hose. I did wire the passenger fan to a toggle, but it's not very efficient because it gets too hot so I assume my 14g wire with 20a fuse aren't really that great for it. If someone can point me in some direction for me to start heading, I would appreciate it. Thank you
Normally the air conditioning or defroster has to be turned on to run the passenger side fan. My computer diagnostic test also will give you some ideas. If the car is overheating try putting a floor jack under the front end and lift it up this helps to bleed the air out of the system. Try out these ideas and reply if it helps. Sometimes I tap the fan motor with a hammer and if it starts I replace the motor. Look at a wiring diagram and check if the computer closes the ground.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Probe