Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 11:27 PM   #1
mean green tj
AF Newbie

Question 98 jgc heat & air blower motor or switch?

98 jeep grand cherokee 5.2 v8: 2 weeks ago replaced the blower motor and a couple of days ago it quit. I have unpluged the new motor from the power and ground connector and have power to the positive side of it when the ignition is on. Im guessing the switch controls the grounding of the circut. but wich switch? the fan speed one or the one that picks between defrost and floor etc? Also I made sure the blower motor works by giving it power and ground and it blows good. any help with this would be great.

Thank you
mean green tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:16 PM   #2
AmigaDude
AF Newbie

Re: 98 jgc heat & air blower motor or switch?

In the '96, the power goes to the Blower Resistor and from there to the Blower motor. Kinda important to know whether you have the Auto Temp Control (ATC) or not. Anyways, the Blower Resistor should be right next to the BLower Motor. (in the '96, it has two BIG power plugs going into it)

Looking over my schematics, I see that with Manual A/C the Blower Motor has positive power ALWAYS, via the PDC fuse 7. The Blower Resistor controls the Ground with the aid of the Blower Motor Switch (fan speed).

With ATC everything gets fed from the ATC via the Blower Power Module (resistor).
AmigaDude is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8