Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 06:25 PM   #1
Bob Oralee
AF Newbie

What's the best japanese car company?

I would say the only non-played out best quality japanese car company is Nissan. most of Nissans cars are rwd(besides skyline which are rwd and awd), have vvt, and are turbo charged. What more can you ask for. The 240sx is one of the best japanese cars out there with 50/50 wieght distribution and can be fast as hell and light wieght with a simple, bolt in SR20 det swap. Its the only company that nobody diss's because not that many ppl know alot about the cars since all the awsome Nissans like silvia's skyline's etc aren't in America. What do you guys think
Old 07-22-2003, 06:29 PM   #2
audi&benz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to audi&benz
Making a thread titled "What's the best japanese car company" is just asking for a flame war. All car companies have their advantages so dont start this shit.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:51 PM   #3
Bob Oralee
AF Newbie

maybe I should post a thread asking "whats the best european car company" muhahahahha!!!!
Old 07-22-2003, 08:24 PM   #4
BlOOe46
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlOOe46
define best
Old 07-22-2003, 08:37 PM   #5
del
móddə rąytər

best in terms of what? why be so vague? nissan, best in performance-oriented cars perhaps, but worst among the top 3 in overall quality IMO. toyota, best in selection given the number of model choices they provide but also best in offering the most boring cars to drive. honda, best in fuel efficiency but best at being played out and overrated performance-wise, etc etc etc etc. like audi&benz said, each manufacturer is better than the others in some areas, while worse in others. if you can combine the best of all three companies, you'd have one hell of a car company.
del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 09:01 PM   #6
Hudson
Old Mod

How is it that "most of Nissans cars are RWD?" FWD: Micra/March, Almera, Primera, Maxima, Sunny/Sentra, Bluebird, Altima, among others. RWD: Cima/Q45, 350Z, Skyline/G35. What's missing? The Silvia's out of production as is the Skyline GT-R.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 09:03 PM   #7
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
I myself prefer Nissan of all the Japanese manufactures with Toyota in a close second.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 11:28 PM   #8
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Nissan is best , quality , sport, luxury, and one of the best
V-6's made.
joeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 09:34 AM   #9
NISSANSPDR
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NISSANSPDR
I'd also have to say Nissan

Just a better lineup all over...

G35 Coupe, Sedan, Q45, 350Z, SE-R Spec V, FX45/35, and if we go back in the day...240Z, 510, 240SX, Silvia, 180SX, 300ZX, Skyline GT-R all models...

Honda...well I only like the Honda Integra Type R and the NSX Type R

Subaru...the 22b STi

Mitsubishi...the Evo VI RS

Toyota...Toyota doesnt have anything that I like right now...but it did have the AE86, MR2 Turbo, Celica GT4, Supra TT...but that was another day and age...

Mazda...well the FD is nice...but unreliable makes it eerie for me to want one...the Miata...well needs more power...the Mazdaspeed Protegé...same deal...more power

NISSANSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 10:25 AM   #10
Hudson
Old Mod

Nearly every car company around the world makes or has made a vehicle that I would love to add to my collection. With Toyota it would be the Lexus IS300 5-speed or SportCross (also the 2000GT, any Supra, and the first or second generation MR2). Nissan would be the Altima 3.5L/manual or Infiniti G35 6-speed sedan (or 1960s Skylines, any Z except for the first 300ZX, the Roadster, Infiniti M30 convertible, or first-generation Q45). Mazda6 and any rotary. Second or third generation Legacy, 360, BRAT, SVX, or any WRX/STi. Mitsubishi Galant (since 1990), (3000GT) Spyder, Eclipse (AWD or V6), or Starion. Isuzu Impulse Turbo (first or second generation). Suzuki Cappucino. Honda S500/600, Prelude (any generation), Civic S/Si (any generation), S2000, NSX, TL/Vigor, Integra/RSX, CRX (first generation), and Accord coupe V6/manual.

I don't have a favorite car company, let alone a favorite Japanese company. Every company has plenty to offer.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 06:00 PM   #11
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

Suzuki!

Subaru is commonly given credit for being the first Japanese company to manufacture fwd cars, but Suzuki already had a fwd car a decade before Subaru, and Honda copied their idea of having two air-cooled cylinders powering the front wheels for their first small car, the N360.
And if your product is good enough to be copied, then you've got a good product.
Suzuki, isn't my favorite Japanese company (it's really to hard to choose just one) but they're one of the most important companies.

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
2strokebloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 04:20 AM   #12
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
I'd have to go for Honda- bullet-proof reliablility in spite of advanced technology, nice chassis for FWD and the engineers choice for sure.
Particuarly commendable cars include the NSX, S2000, Generation 5 Accord, the Preludes, the Latest Accord Euro, Civic 5 door and any car that reads Type R (Genuine Type R)

However Mazda have contributed to Rotary technology like no other, the new 6, Xedos 6, Miller Cycle engines, MX5 and Mazda2

Toyota I like to relate to dishwashers- reliable- but everyone has one and they are boring- although the Supra, 2nd Gen MR2, 2000GT and RWD Lexus' are all great

Nissan are good all-round- a close second to Honda

Mitsubishi aside from the Mirage Cyborgs, FTO's, Evo's and GTO's haven't done much- aside from being great builders of Turbo engines.

Subaru are third- I love thier Boxer engined vehicles

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote