Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 11:43 PM   #1
Cadetdan
AF Newbie

Go Geo Go!!!!!

Hey Guys, I just got dont putting a 94' Honda engine in a 92' Geo Tracker. I used this engine transplant after my Geo's engine went bad....it was also an easy way to get an A+ in my Auto Shop class. I have a few things I need cleared up, I cut the exhaust so all I have is a cat converter......and nothing else...mostly beacuse the exhaust is on the wrong side, its hard getting a transverse engine to work inline!!!!!

Now it sound like a real racer....nt that I intend to race it, because the cars drive train is and will always be for winter snow, and not speed. But I just ordered a "Cool Air Intake" today for the engine......what is a "cool air intake" Ive been fixxing cars for a few years now, but Ive never seen a "CAI" in a car....I know what it looks like....but how does it work....what does it give me in return for the $ I put into it. Will it make the exhaust sound even more racy, and fast, even though its not.......Any info on "CAI" would be great.

Dan

P.S. what is the little hose that come with it for...and what it hook up too?????? Im lost!!!!!
Old 06-13-2003, 01:10 PM   #2
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

It just draws in cooler air (from lower to the ground) than a stock air-box. Won't have any effect on your exhuast sound (why would it? - it's for the intake!) and I'm not sure what if any difference it'll make performance wise, unless you drive in a hot climate.

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
2strokebloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 06:28 PM   #3
joecollins
AF Newbie

Is this thread a joke???? Let me know how it doesn't work out buddy!
Old 08-15-2003, 11:39 PM   #4
joosdawg
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to joosdawg
Re: Go Geo Go!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
It just draws in cooler air (from lower to the ground) than a stock air-box. Won't have any effect on your exhuast sound (why would it? - it's for the intake!) and I'm not sure what if any difference it'll make performance wise, unless you drive in a hot climate.
well i see we have either a real noob or an idiot, A CAI sucks cooler air into the engine yes, but also makes a huge differnce on exhaust sound after about 4K RPM's(makes it sound very course and violent and DEEP!), it also can add up to 14 HP so i dont think you know anything, next time respond to a post u know something about, or else shoosh it. p.s. Intakes effect the exhausts sound by having more air pass through the engine which increases exhaust flow for louder exhaust at high RPM's and also increases gas milage, jeez people like u piss me off, how can u think that a new intake system doesnt have anything to do with the exhaust, where do u think part of the exhaust comes from u idiot
Old 01-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #5
jawberger
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jawberger Send a message via Yahoo to jawberger

you call other people idiots but you say a cai can give this car up to 14hp? not trying to bash on my own car but those things won't even give more then 5hp at most.. so learn your facts before you call be idiots...
jawberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #6
joosdawg
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to joosdawg

wow dude u relize i posted that like 4 years ago? i know they dont make anything near 14hp but they do effect exhaust note. ALOT of things have changed sense then especially me knowing a hell of alot more about any car than back then so i now know my facts thanks

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion