Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Exterior and Wheels
Exterior and Wheels This is the place for all exterior wheel modifcations.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
Talon69
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Talon69 Send a message via MSN to Talon69 Send a message via Yahoo to Talon69
Unhappy How much will this window tint ticket cost me?

Just got a ticket for window tint yesterday, and tested at 29%, i do not want to take it off today, so what will this ticket cost me? i live in upstate New York.

im thinking it will be $80?

thanx guys
2006 Eclipse GT 6 speed MT (V6 3.8), mods so far- S Tech Springs, after market 18's, 2012 headlight Conversion, Greddy cat back exhaust, CAI, RRE Headers, Polyurethane Motor Mounts, NX Nitrous kit at 100 shot for now, RPM Window Switch, Triple Pod.
2003 Grand AM GT - official beater car for the winter lol
----------------------------------------------------
95 TSI AWD 13.732@98.396mph (T-25)
Now fully Modded engine with 3,560 miles on it.SOLD
Talon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
david-b
Dave is THAT guy

Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b
Re: hOw much will this window tint ticket cost me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon69 View Post
Just got a ticket for window tint yesterday, and tested at 29%, i do not want to take it off today, so what will this ticket cost me? i live in upstate New York.

im thinking it will be $80?

thanx guys
Last time my buddy got a tint ticket in Chicago it was $30.

Why not replace it with a lighter shade? Cost about $150 to get installed. If your tickets are $80 each and you get pulled over twice, it's already over the cost of the new tint.

75 Monte Carlo
SBC 400 6.6L, Aluminum heads, Hurricane Intake...

12 Chevy Sonic 1LZ 1.8L - Traded
01 Pontiac Grand Am SE - RIP
95 Eagle Talon ESi-T 5spd - RIP
88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera- RIP
david-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Talon69
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Talon69 Send a message via MSN to Talon69 Send a message via Yahoo to Talon69
Re: How much will this window tint ticket cost me?

I have had the car for 9 months and had no issues, i will take my chances, but if i get a ticket again for it then i will remove it, its a fix it ticket so it should not cost much or anything at all if i remove it. In New york state 70% is legal, that is garbage, i will bump it up to 35% if i get hassled about it again. at what they are now does not look that dark at all, you can see in the car just fine, what crap lol
2006 Eclipse GT 6 speed MT (V6 3.8), mods so far- S Tech Springs, after market 18's, 2012 headlight Conversion, Greddy cat back exhaust, CAI, RRE Headers, Polyurethane Motor Mounts, NX Nitrous kit at 100 shot for now, RPM Window Switch, Triple Pod.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse

Wow long time no see Talon, 70% is complete shit. Thats not even worth putting tint on a car. I would call and see what they will charge you if you dont fix it. Every state is different but I have heard tint tickets here are pretty pricey.
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
SilvrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
Talon69
AF Enthusiast

well i got the fine back in the mail, it is a $25 fine with a $55 court fee lmao. $80 total

and yes indeed SilvrEclipse its been a long time
Old 02-23-2017, 01:53 PM   #6
AF Newbie

Getting a prescription for window tints is harder then people say if you truly don't have sensitive eyes. I have a white Chrysler 300 s with black interior with 35%s on the front two windows and 20%s all in the back. If you're traveling anywhere in a good neighborhood your chances of getting caught are a lot higher. I drive around Brighton Michigan a lot which is probably the strictest when it comes to window tints. I've been pulled over twice so far, first time I was pulled over in the summer mid day and got a fix it ticket. Second time I was driving and got pulled over was around midnight and got a $208 dollar ticket. I payed the ticket with no points going on my license and the ability to keep the tints on if I wanted. Talked to some cops at the station and they told me it was a flat rate if you kept getting pulled over, so $208 every time. No points can get put on either because it's not a moving violation. Deciding if I want to take the risk and keep them on cause summers around the corner and I like tints to much. Both times I got pulled over it was on grand river in Brighton Michigan. Less crime means less money and more time for the cops to be looking.
300 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Exterior and Wheels