Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 09:24 PM   #1
inferno
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to inferno Send a message via Yahoo to inferno
Read This Before Posting

It seems that there is a bit of confusion on a few things so i'm going to try to set a couple of things straight.

1. Don't resurface ancient posts.
Unless it is an update on the same story, please don't keep dragging up threads that are more than 10 days old. Obviously it died off for a reason and most of the time, the person who is bringing it back to the top is trying to stir sh!t up.

2. Stop flaming manufacturer's.
Feel free to talk down on a specific member's car, but don't bash a manufacturer. I know that this is the Honda section of AF, but all car owners are welcome here and their input is appreciated as long as they don't start bashing on Honda's. Also, just because someone doesn't have a Honda, doesn't mean that they can't post in this area. All posters are welcome as long as they are semi constructive.

3. Personal attacks to be handled in PM.
I dont' mind a little friendly ribbing here and there, but after a certain point, fights between two or more members get annoying and should be taken to PM or e-mail. This way I don't have to go through and close threads that were otherwise fine or bother deleting inflammatory posts.

4. Multiple postings are also subject to be deleted as well. If you didn't get a response in one thread, then continue in that one thread. Do not open up another thread asking the same question because you aren't happy with the responses or lack of responses in the previous thread.

Thank you very much for your time.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:08 PM   #2
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

To All New Members -- Read This Before You Do Anything Else

I am not getting tired of anything.

I am, however, ALREADY tired of the immature, flame-baiting threads that have been popping up in these forums lately, from BOTH import AND domestic drivers both.

AF in general, and the Honda/Acura section in particular, is large enough, with enough specialized forums that any gripe/question you might have can be posted or will be answered, just not here, as long as nobody complains or is offended. Once one person does complain, and it's a legit complaint, expect a PM.

I gave leeway in the past, but that's over.

From here on end, I ONLY want to hear about your STREET/TRACK STORIES.

ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING, that pops-up that isn't about some encounter as an original post, will be immediately, and irrevocably DELETED, no questions asked. You may interpret "street/track encounter" as you may, within reason.

Replies to legitimate threads that are also flames will also be deleted.

Questioning questionable kills/stories are acceptable, as long as they are tactful, and can manage to be civil. Same criteria for replies, when somebody questions your kills.

Open challenges to race against each other can be done in PM, but feel free to post it up here when the race is done.

Open challenges to anybody in a particular area is acceptable, as long as there is no flames, and all subsequent acceptance/correspondence is handled in PM.

If anybody has any questions about this, feel free to PM me, or if not comfortable, PM another mod who can then contact me, and/or PM Igor@AF, the site's Admin/Owner.

Thank you.

P.S.
I am keeping this sticky open for any of you to give comments/suggestions in, so speak your mind, but be tactful.

EDIT:
Treat this as an appendage to inferno's already-presented rules. The ones he has outlined previously are still in effect, and will probably be more enforced than ever.

Last edited by inferno; 02-05-2004 at 07:19 AM.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:48 AM   #3
inferno
AF Fanatic

Re: To All New Members -- Read This Before You Do Anything Else

I'm back and I'm gonna be keeping track a lot more now...I relocated to a new state which is why I haven't been on. Potentially have a couple of new cars lined up and I'm going to be posting here and other places on AF.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:40 AM   #4
DkShadow
AF Enthusiast

Re: To All New Members -- Read This Before You Do Anything Else

"Open challenges to race against each other can be done in PM, but feel free to post it up here when the race is done.

Open challenges to anybody in a particular area is acceptable, as long as there is no flames, and all subsequent acceptance/correspondence is handled in PM."

Uhmm, You might want to add "At the track" so AF wont be fined liable when some kid runs into another car and kills himself or another.

Edited some out cause I reread it. All in all, people if youre going to call someone out or accept a challenge... THINK and dont POST the location where its going to be, the date its going to happen and DONT give any hints out to where it might be going on. Like Carrrnut said, handle it through PM.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:54 PM   #5
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
Feel free to post up dyno results. i think that goes hand in hand w/ the track times...

so...uh...yea...

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
Old 02-05-2004, 07:20 AM   #6
inferno
AF Fanatic

Re: Guidelines For Posting

I merged the two threads describing the guidelines for this forum.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!