Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 04:19 PM   #16
Got DSM
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Got DSM
My opinon is as follows. I'm pretty sure that Nissan had made the idea for the 350Z before this G35 car and Infiniti looks like it pretty much stole the design except for the front and backend. The G35 is just 7 hp short of the 350Z with 287. Personally if anyone is wondering which one to buy, I'd go with the Nissan. I think it looks a lot cooler than the G35 and the 350Z is an add on the the Z collection. INFINITI!!!
Old 11-12-2002, 07:41 PM   #17
boingo82
Can't polish a turd.

Quote:
Originally posted by Got DSM
... INFINITI!!!
They're the same company. I like the looks of both cars - I think which you'd prefer depends on personal choice, but I'd choose the one with more seating.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:16 PM   #18
realz1
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to realz1 Send a message via MSN to realz1
research done

Ok, ive done all the research and all the test drives for both cars before I purchased my g35 coupe, and let me tell you from a personal standpoint, like a lot of you say, its all about personal preference. Living in the Cali Bay Area, ricers are a dime-a-dozen here with every kid having a 2-fast-2-furious complex. (being a former ricer pre-fast&furious in the early 90's) and basically, mommy and daddy buying whatever car they want (for those of you who BOUGHT their car, props!). All i know in my area is kids thinking they are cool cuz they can quarter fast, but cant freeway run for shhhhh! When I got the job i got, making a very good income, I had to stear away from ricers, cuz it was getting to expensive for fix-it tix, blown cv boots, replacement axles, not to mention mods up the a$$ that really have no significance for owning your car in the long run (besides, asian kid + ricer = easy ticket! you feel me). I got the g35 coupe purely for style. I have eyed the car since its concept days in Japan, and wanted one ever since. I love the z series, so i aint a car hater, but I'm hating on certain Z drivers out there who think they are the better car. There really is no better car when you look at the facts. Both the Z and the G have decent HP (Z has 7 more) BUT the G has a better torque/HP ratio which, for you who know your engines, is where the catch is, being that the closer the ratio, the better the performance. The G gave me a more mature feeling while the Z comes across as a ricer. And when it came to the streets, I got no funk from other g35 drivers, but I have received plenty of heat from Z drivers. So seems to me that the Z community seem to be in the state of racer-nirvana while the G35's have been more laid back. I dunno. Its stupid, and I got my G to steer away from ricers like that. I let them fly away and I just enjoy saving myself GAS! Suckas! Anyways, to go further into my research, Infiniti has a more difficult financing program for those of you credit-impared. But, the warranty is better on the Infiniti (ie 7 year 70000 vs 5 year 50000 powertrain), the dealerships are more mature and they give you a g35 to drive while they service your g35, the RESALE value is MUCH higher than the Z, the trade-in's are higher for the Z than the G (meaning people are trading their Z's for G's than vice-versa). This is not fabricated, do your research. (1 year of research, check out Car and Driver) Plus, the g35, 2x car of the year! Best in class for 2004! You cant go wrong. Dont assume you know the facts, find out for yourself before you talk. it goes beyond websites and forums. Go to the dealerships. Performance, price and whos faster is small talk compared to how you can finance, whats your coverage and warranty etc. But like i said, preference. It boils down to style. BUT WE ALL ARE NISSAN HERE, SO FOR ALL YOU HATERS REMEMBER, ITS THE SAME FAMILY. STICK TOGETHER AND STOP THE STREET HATE. BE SAFE AND SAVE THE RACING FOR THE PROS. peace.
realz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 12:21 PM   #19
realz1
AF Newbie

Re: 350Z vs. G35 coupe

They Are The Same Company! Infiniti-nissan, Lexus-toyota, Acura-honda! There Is No Stealing. Nissan Is Being Manufatured In The Us While Infiniti Is Still Imported. F Who? Your F'ing Yourself! And Who Cares About 7 Hp, Have You Seen The Torque/hp Ratio? Infiniti Has That Advantage.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:59 AM   #20
<SSR>David
Banned

Many of you guys said this already but I test drove both cars and a few more before I bought my 350z. The 350z won't have the comfort, or the luxury, but it does have more of a rush when you drive. I don't know I think its only me but when I drove the G35 I felt like the car was trying to hold out on me. The power is almost the same as the 350z or thats what infinity claims but when I drove it it felt a little bit weaker. Even though it was lacking power ( in my opinion ) the luxury part really amazed me. I mean all Infinity calls are awsome cars and they did not stop with the G35. The seats were just awsome, the dashboard was perfect very stylish and the gauges were in perfect view, but I wasn't looking for a luxury, comfortable car.

When I drove the 350z I felt a really big rush. The power was awsome. the cornering force of the 350z really amazed me. From the moment I put it in first gear and drove off to the moment I stopped I felt a huge rush. The seats weren't as comfortable as the G35, but I really wasn't looking for a car that was comfortable. I was at the time looking for a car that I could improve and still drive daily. I was looking for huge power and that is what I felt with the 350z.

What I'm trying to say is that if you are trying to decide over the G35 or the 350z think if you want luxury or full out performance.

One more thing. I really didn't like what Realz put on his post about asian + ricer = easy ticket. It kind of feels like he is saying only asian kids drive ricer cars you feel me?
<SSR>David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 09:20 AM   #21
realz1
AF Newbie

SOrry david, i must have not been clear on my message. Being in the area that im in, and BACK IN THE DAY circa early 90's when it was primarily an asian dominant thing IN the area I LIVE in, we were easy targets. It was a mentality of the PD that modded car and asian kid must be an easy target, and we were. Simple pop and pull. In fact, you can say i was singled out just cuz i am filipino and i look young. Regardless, i was all smog legal but they pop you for the easiest things like ground clearance etc. I NEVER SAID ONLY ASIANS DIRVE RICERS. I implied myself as an easy target. So im sorry if i offended you David, but dont be offended. Its a hard knock life whether you like it or not. And in response to YOUR comments, hey, like i said, whatever you prefer. Also, insurance played a big part in my decision too. Sports car vs luxury, my g got a lower rate. anyways, much love and dont forget, WE ALL FAMS in here, NISMO baby! Peace. -ReaLZ1
Old 01-03-2005, 01:59 AM   #22
<SSR>David
Banned

=) we still kind of are. Not as much but we still are and I think we will always be an easy target. I hope they stop >.< but that is only a dream. =) and realz where you from?
<SSR>David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:56 AM   #23
realz1
AF Newbie

From the gateway to the silicon valley...bay area, cali.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:34 AM   #24
Lol wat?
AF Newbie

I just wanted to point out that you don't own your car so techinically a driver of 1985 Grand Marquis gets more respect than a person who leases a car. How can you call yourself an ethusiast with a car you can barely modify? I saw this thread while searching for "g35 vs Z nissan"
Lol wat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #25
BruceThomas
AF Newbie

This entire thread is pointed in the wrong direction, what you guys are juxtaposing would be like comparing a 350z to a Nissan Pathfinder JUST because they share the same engine.

The G35 is not a luxury version of the 350z, and the 350z is not a sporty version of the G35, they are two different models altogether.

The 350z comes from the Fairlady Z line of cars from Nissan, as I'm sure all or most car enthusiasts will know.

The G35 is a re-badged version of the Nissan Skyline V35.

The Z and G35 are totally different cars with similar suspension, engine type, and engine layout (Front Midship engine layout popular with new Nissan performance vehicles)

Look up a 2003 Nissan Skyline and you will see my point, The G35 and Skyline V35 are built in the same city, use all the same components, even the same paint job lol. Having this argument is like saying a Nissan Skyline GT-R is a "luxury" version of a 1994 Nissan 300ZX, the two cars are completely different.
BruceThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #26
crzytuner2
AF Newbie

I'm glad someone knows what they are talking about. It's a nice comparison from the skin out. but that is about as much as you can say.

Check us out on Facebook
http://burnoutbids.com
crzytuner2 is offline   Reply With Quote