Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 10:36 PM   #1
abaird
AF Regular

honda, what the ****

Sorry but I hate those new honda elements. What were they thinking. Big dumb boxy looking things. Also I saw a commercial for the honda ridgeline...Dont even get me started. They call it a half ton truck but it only has a 250 hp engine. Ford, Chevy and Dodge all make over 300. I just dont think it stands a chance against the big boys. And it is just plain ugly.

If anyone agrees or disagrees please let me hear it.
abaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:06 PM   #2
Speedsteve
AF Enthusiast

Re: honda, what the ****

Speedsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 11:57 PM   #3
Carfreak18
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Carfreak18
Ya but their just comparing them to the little guys....If they were to compare against...o say...Dodge 1500,Ford 1500,Silverado....The Honda would be Crushed....I hope their not tryi nto compete with the big boys
Carfreak18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 03:05 AM   #4
Zwrangler
AF Enthusiast

sorry but if its the honda you'er talking about in the link provided by speedsteve then i can't say that i agree with you guys. First off it doesn't look too bad compared to all the new 4wd's coming into the market like the ugly ass hummer h2 SUT or Escalade or even the concept ford bronco.

Its got fairly decent power compared to its competition and as for it being put up against the chevys and dodge's, well thats not their target competition so i don't see why they should be compared with them. comparing the honda with the chevy's would be the same as comparing a V8 camaro with the v6 mustang. they're two different classes of cars.

the honda may not be pretty, but compared to its competitors i think it seems okay. 250hp for a v6, thats really not shabby at all.

93 camaro Z28 R.I.P.
From this......................to this and this

check it out at my website

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars but glory is forever !"
Zwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 07:27 AM   #5
Speedsteve
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwrangler
the honda may not be pretty, but compared to its competitors i think it seems okay. 250hp for a v6, thats really not shabby at all.

Correctly! In Germany we say - do not compare apples with pears!

Speedsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 12:17 AM   #6
YukiHime
AF Enthusiast

Before saying the Element ugly, use your Geometry common sense, what shape makes the most interior volume? A Hemisphere or a Cube-shaped?

Before saying it's ugly, have you ever ride in one before?

It's ugly, so? The purpose of having a vehicle is to transport people and/or stuffs. Not showing it off, whoever likes to showoff with their vehicle, just take off their pants to drive, I'm sure they will attract the others' attention.

Oh, by the way, I would think the Ford Aerostar look much uglier than the Element, Thanks.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:06 PM   #7
RickwithaTbird
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RickwithaTbird Send a message via MSN to RickwithaTbird Send a message via Yahoo to RickwithaTbird

Yukihime is right that the box shape provides a lot more interior room, so I guess you can't say the car is useless. Sure it is ugly, but I could imagine the interior being quite comfortable. I wouldnt drive one though. I prefer to have a blend of good looks, and comfort. I think the new Nissan Quests are the ugliest thing around though. Even worse than the element.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:30 PM   #8
YukiHime
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: honda, what the ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickwithaTbird
Yukihime is right that the box shape provides a lot more interior room, so I guess you can't say the car is useless. Sure it is ugly, but I could imagine the interior being quite comfortable. I wouldnt drive one though. I prefer to have a blend of good looks, and comfort. I think the new Nissan Quests are the ugliest thing around though. Even worse than the element.
And I've rode in one before(My good friend has one), it never feel like it's that big from the outside. And I can stretch my legs straight even I was in the back seat(Something that can't be done even riding in my Dad's MDX). The only bad thing is that the rear doors are a pain...

And about the matter of good looks, IMO, it's just a personal preference. I do think the Element is a cool looking machine.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:51 PM   #9
PMDtempest
Banned

Send a message via AIM to PMDtempest

yeh the elemnt may be good for people that want to save fuel and have alot of spac, but i do think they are ugly. but there are uglyer ones, like Scion XB, Nissan Murano, and the Pontiac Aztec "dont know what they were thinking". As for the "Ridgeline".. idk i think its ugly and they kind of copyed the bed style off the Avalanche/Escalade EXT. You also cant haul or tow alot. i dont see this selling much but i can tell u one thing i see... the rednecks laughing at your for driving a honda pickup truck
PMDtempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:51 PM   #10
abaird
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedsteve

In the commercials they say the ridgeline is a half ton truck like the ram, silverado, titan, and F150. Yet they compare it to midsize trucks. Yeah, it looks good compared to midsize, V6, non half ton trucks. Its like saying a sedan is a sports car and then comparing it to compact cars to make it look good.

As for those who think the H2's are ugly, I agree.
abaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:42 PM   #11
PMDtempest
Banned

lol i sure do hope they reconsider there commercials if they said that. the honda will not out perform any of those trucks
Old 03-01-2005, 06:50 PM   #12
MexSiR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MexSiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiHime
Before saying the Element ugly, use your Geometry common sense, what shape makes the most interior volume? A Hemisphere or a Cube-shaped?

Before saying it's ugly, have you ever ride in one before?

It's ugly, so? The purpose of having a vehicle is to transport people and/or stuffs. Not showing it off, whoever likes to showoff with their vehicle, just take off their pants to drive, I'm sure they will attract the others' attention.

Oh, by the way, I would think the Ford Aerostar look much uglier than the Element, Thanks.
Thats a fucking tight reply.
Porsche RS America
BMW 323 01
Pictures of my ride (Pictures)
MexSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:19 AM   #13
YukiHime
AF Enthusiast

And before say the Element is ugly, please look at the old folks that drive a Buick Rendezvous.

I would consider that as a much UGLIER vehicle than the Element.(And much more easier to flip over.)
Old 03-05-2005, 04:55 PM   #14
PMDtempest
Banned

yes we all kno they rendezevos is one ugly mutha. so is the azteck and the element is in the batch 2 so dont think were just bashing the element
Old 03-07-2005, 12:40 AM   #15
jncodave
AF Enthusiast

I don't really like the looks of the ridgeline and I don't think it will compete very well with the midsize truck market unless it has a full size bed, in fact I dont really consider it a truck, just like I dont really consider the Avalanche a truck, it is an SUV. It doesnt stand a chance it the full size market. I think even if Honda does make a full size truck, it will have trouble competing with the domestics, because most full size truck drivers are brand loyal, they have bought the same brand for years and they wouldnt even consider buying something else.
jncodave is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General