Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: liquid or paste wax
liquid 9 60.00%
paste 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 06:25 PM   #31
Markgase2000
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Markgase2000
Re: liquid or paste wax

It was up untill now that I have broken my code of ethics when dealing with skeptical folks. If proper grammer makes me a stupid Canadian then I will work on my grammer when trying to give free help to others.
I appologize for getting worked up over this. I got alot of advice that works and I dont expect anything in return. Yes I have a high amount of posts so what makes me no different than you and it doesnt mean I know more than you justyour first post was knocking me as a detailer and a canadian just because I thought it wasnt that important to use grammer and punctuation (Is this site a writers forum?) Thanks for teaching me a lesson.
Markgase2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:45 PM   #32
Markgase2000
AF Enthusiast

OK , I will explain this product in simple terms.
I was never told it lasts 10 years I was told it lasts the life time of the paint. It works alot different than conventional waxes or sealants where a reaplication is necessary to maintain the warranty this product is permanent and only requires a single aplication. when you apply it you let it stand on the paint for an hour and it slowly seeps into the layers right down to the primer. I had a truck that had damages on it when I sanded it down to primer and washed it off the primer would sheet the water away just like the clear coat. I couldnt paint over the primer. The only 2 ways I have found that removes the sealant is using 901 body solvent or straight gasoline with rubbing. Even when I use a clay bar the paint still sheets. I sealed the paint on my car and it still sheets the water off after 3 winters without any reaplications. It wont stop the paint from scratching but it does make the paint stronger and resists rock chips ect... Im not always that great at explaining things cus I dont always have time to fully use my noodle. My grammer sucks I know sorry.
Sorry for bein a jerk I understand If you guys keep pokin at me. But I am sorry. You all have a great day too!
Old 11-11-2004, 07:01 PM   #33
ZaneO
AF Newbie

Usually protected paint beads water (even fresh paint beads). How would you know if this sealant stopped working?
ZaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 07:08 PM   #34
Markgase2000
AF Enthusiast

Good question. It will stop sheeting but Ive never seen that happen to any of our trade ins. When I use wax the water beads off the paint but when I seal the water sheets off the paint instead. I got a costumer who figures his occupation will put it to a test (oil rigs) hes trading in this month from a 3 year lease I will let you know the results on a beat up work truck. You've obviously forgivin me thank you.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:50 PM   #35
Anthony Orosco
AF Newbie

"water beading" does not mean anything as a paint with no wax on it will bead, as noted by ZaneO.

You are correct in that a sealant sheets water more so than beads but it is surface tension that causes water beading, basically a water drop rounding itself out via gravity (in a nutshell ) and this can be demonstrated if you clay a car, remove all the wax and then wet it down. The water beads.

Ron Ketcham, a manufacturer of car care products...."Valugard".....and a leader in the OEM side of car care would surely make and sell a product if it could last 10 years. Fact is that there are no secret potions out there, no miracle concoctions or space engineered technology that will allow a product to last on a painted surface for any longer than 8 months, 10 if kept in a garage.

The materials and chemicals available to one chemist is also available to others. This product may do a great job in sealing the paint or it may give off a great shine but it can't last 10 years.

Mark.....in closing I would ask that you please post up where I called you a liar?

Thanks,
Anthony
Old 11-11-2004, 10:07 PM   #36
ZaneO
AF Newbie

So, if it stops sheeting and doesn't bead, can you prove that there is protection?
ZaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:12 AM   #37
Markgase2000
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: liquid or paste wax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaneO
So, if it stops sheeting and doesn't bead, can you prove that there is protection?
I was saying Ive never seen this happen but it would stop when it wears off. The only way Ive seen it removed by anyone other than me was when a customer used gas to remove tree sap off his SUV hes the only guy that voided his warranty so far. I havent found any that have worn off. Even if it stops beading the paint underneath is more than likely still protected cus like I stated before it soaks down as deep as the primer when applied properly. Its tough to explain I guess the best thing to do is try it if you can get your hands on it. I also use another sealant but I wont back it up like the pearl guard since I havent used it for very long. The other sealant is called Pearl Express and it is sprayed through a paint gun and seals plastic ,glass chrome and paint. I have seen this wear off the glass but not the paint "yet" .
Old 11-12-2004, 09:18 AM   #38
Markgase2000
AF Enthusiast

Anthony I apologize ok I had a brain fart.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:09 PM   #39
fastlane1588
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to fastlane1588

pastes are better the wax lasts longer, in my opinion
fastlane1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 07:05 PM   #40
CrobarCars
AF Newbie

Markgase2000 - After reading this thread and knowing the honesty of Anthony Orosco, both in how he lives his life and his business, there is no malice in what is in the written word. Based on knowing his being a Master Detailer and my "sensei", his words only reflect the concern of/for claims which can be deceptive if one reads them in total. They can be disected as we are "seeing" in the posts which have followed. These claims are not necessarily your words, but those made by the manufacturer. For the most part we find these written by experienced writers in someone's marketing dept. which may create and "urgency" to the consumer. It seems you are merely reciting these words and identifying with them.

We are so fortunate to have someone with Anthony's morals, ethics and experience to highlight these claims of HERCULEAN proportions and question them.

Again, if it seems to good to be true it usually is. The fact that a "booster" must be added seems to be somewhat contradictory to the original claim. I could change a few terms in the "sales pitch" and insert another manufacturer's sealent and all of a sudden use the same basic "schtick" to sell a totally different product(s), some of which may have nothing to do with Detailing products!

Anythony, thank you for thinking "out of the box" yet being tangible. May a few of the Exotic Cars you have built your business on with your committment to this profession, come our way with the only magic potient I know of - hard work and practice.

Peace-Out!
Old 11-14-2004, 03:00 PM   #41
Markgase2000
AF Enthusiast

No the manufacturer says its U/V protection last forever and the surface protection last only a few years (with the sheeting action) but I have trade backs that have seen better days that still sheet the water away from the surface from 6 years ago without ever having a reaplication. I had a discussion with the representative in my area (about this thread) and he thinks Im crazy too however he also noted that I am more aware of the products capabilities than he so he says he will back me up. He also gave me crap about mentioning the sealant it suposed to be used only by certified dealers.
I said sorry to your sensai already its up to him to forgive me I had a bad day and nothing was making sense to me and I freaked out. This is not like me so I am sorry to him and all the rest of you.
I also wouldnt mind discussing some of these products with local dealers If your in central Alberta PM and I will give you my dealer phone number and we can set up a time for a demo.
As far as I have searched these are the best products I could find and since its such a large planet theres gotta be a bigger better deal out there. In the late 70's and early 80's there was a permanent paint protection product that after several timed aplications would permanently shine and bead water I think they were some of the first in synthetics to revolutionize the market on paint protection. Ive seen these cars/trucks but nobody knows where to get these extinct products perhaps I need to look deeper cus I want them.
The closest thing Ive found was Ming but its not as long lasting or nice as what I am using now.
I am gonna put in extra effort and show you all some processes I use to recondition paint for warranty aplications. These products cause a chemical reaction in the paint that stabilize and restore it totally to same as new.
I love this job its one of the toughest jobs in a dealership and a very important one at that. I also feel bad for bein a jerk misreading posts and replying to what i misread. I had a brain fart dislexic or some stupid thing whatever my problem was its over and i am sorry.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:47 PM   #42
The_Penguin
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: liquid or paste wax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaneO
P.S. When I try to present my services to peolpe, I try to use proper English, grammar, and punctuation.

Have a great day
What's a peolpe?

I know many brilliant people who can't spell, or compose a sentence to save their lives. And some who have excellent grammar etc. but aren't terribly bright at all. So what?

One of the most valuable contributors to another forum here has helped hundreds of people with their tech questions, and probably every one of his posts is in all caps, and no punctuation at all. A bit difficult to read, yes, but extremely helpful.

So let's lighten up on the grammar policing and get back to detailing shall we?
The_Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 06:18 PM   #43
Anthony Orosco
AF Newbie

I believe the point being made is that proper grammar, speech and spelling is HIGHLY important in the business world. How does it look when you make out a invoice for a client and it looks like a 4 year old wrote it out?

"Yo man..we can like shine this ride up fer ya, make it all bling, bling" I know guys who can detail well but sadly they talk like this. This is why they only detail low end beaters and don't have any high end cars owned by CEO's, doctors or lawyers.

Slang and ebonics might be fun to koke around with but it doesn't get you very far in the real world. As evidence I use Ron Artest, of the Indiana Pacers, recent comment. He was asked if his actions have jeopardized the teams integrity? He had no idea what the word "integrity" meant! In fact I could hardly understand the guy. So yes we should not "police" people on forums for grammar BUT proper communication skills are vital to being taken seriously as a professional.

Markgase - I hold no grudge against you. I believe you were perhaps offended by my post, include a bad day and I can understand your lashing out. No problem.

Now I do have problems with this product you use and promote. The main thing is that there is no way that a paint protection product can seep down into the primer. This alone should make you very skeptical. I would like to see their evidence to back this up because I know chemists that would also like to see it.

As with all things I am a mere human and subject to error and will readily admit my error.

Take care,
Anthony

Anthony
Old 11-14-2004, 06:56 PM   #44
Markgase2000
AF Enthusiast

Thank you for not holding a grudge , I am not promoting this product as it is not readily available to the general public. The only paint protection product they have for customers is the auto paint conditioner and it has a short life span and for a reason. The conditioner is made to be removed or break down so it can be reaplied for scratch repair which it can easily do even on level 3 scratches with a power polisher and since it is not a sealant it only lasts 6-12 months. Yes theres alot of things that chemists and auto body techs have told me about using enamel paints as a base coat and clear acyrlic laquer as a top coat they say this doesnt work it cringes but I make it work its unconventional but works very well.
Im not here to sell any products no no no I am not a salesman I deal with salesmen every day and always prefer to be where Im at running a detailing shop and solving problems for our customers no matter if they own a $500 beater car or if they own a GT40 they all get treated with the same amount of respect us consumers deserve. I am not a buisness man , my customers (Doctors , Lawyers , Millionaires , Blue Collars , Oil Tycoons , ect...) all get what I would expect for service and they all know I dont sell a product to them if I dont think its necessary like in leasing and simply suggest they get there hands on user friendly products such as MGuires and Mothers.
I am going to take a break from the detailing end of auto forums I do it 6 days the week then I come on here and talk about it thats too much I need rest.
You all take care too ,
Mark
Old 11-17-2004, 06:55 PM   #45
DTails
AF Newbie

I use liquid compounds from Pro Tec Seal as well , great product but not user friendly to the unexperienced.
I had to take courses to learn the products do's and dont's. I just recently aquired my level 1 training after several months of getting used to it.
I will be learning how to cut polish soon.
I have a question for "Markgase2000" but he says he isn't posting here any more. Mark if you read this , I am in Alberta Canada how about you?
Thanks in Advance!
Mel , Ford Detailer
DTails is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General