Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 05:33 PM   #1
Gojirr
AF Newbie

The evolution of WAX to APC

I have always been one to try new ideas in car care. I have on occasion experimented with old ideas. Once I even tried paste wax,...I won't be doing that again. I know some detail guys have a problem with it but Nu Finish was the cats meow when it first came out and was my number one choice when I got my first car. I love the long lasting shine but the fact that it turned white made it tedious to use around black rubber or vinyl. So just as it would be would wax, I had one product for the paint and another for the vinyl. About 10 years back it was wax, glaze, or clear coat. The clear coat turned out to be a fiasco as it broke down horribly and could not take a great deal of buffing, Creams, and liquid spray wax was turning out to be the crowd favorite. The problem with them all was they all would eventually turn dull, so Nu Finish remained a staple because of its ability to maintain a shine longer. I can't comment on the nano products because I started using VaporWax acrylic paint conditioner about 7 years ago and am quite happy to continue using it. It doesn't dull, turn white on vinyl or rubber or have to be removed. So I can use it on paint vinyl chrome acrylic and rubber. When I look back at the evolution of paint care products I find paint care stayed virtually the same for decades until the 60s when an influx of new advances in paint technology made processes designed for enamel paint obsolete. Back when the ideas was rub rub, buff buff, polish and wipe, today's thinner paint does not hold up as well under aggressive buffing. Paint technology is at a point where we may soon have paint that is temperature or voltage sensitive and can change color like a chameleon. Then that will be something else to consider when choosing paint care products but as of to day in 2015 WAX has evolved into APC the acrylic paint conditioner it is the leading technology in modern automotive paint care. However there was one advantage wax had. It was its ability to be used on glass and as a glass cleaner wax was exceptional. Because of the basic differences in enamel and acrylic many of today's modern paint care products are not designed for use on glass.
Gojirr is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General