Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
elsalsero
AF Newbie

Neuspeed springs ride height issue

I have a 95 Del Sol. I recently had new shocks and springs installed. Green Neuspeed springs all around, KYB Shocks in the front, OEM struts in the rear.

All went well, however, the front ended up higher than the rear. Instead of a proper drop, the springs raised up the front of the car. The rear springs are at the proper height. I also believe the car has had time to "settle", but the front end is still higher than the rear.

The consensus is to NOT cut the springs. So I'm stumped. Anyone have the same problem and found a solution?

Thanks in advance.
elsalsero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
amy@af
Traffic Directing Admin

Send a message via Skype™ to amy@af
Re: Neuspeed springs ride height issue

is it possible they installed the wrong parts? My educated guess is wrong struts which are too long. My stab would be they are integra. I know I have integra tein adjustable coilovers on my 89 civic...I can't lower it as much as the strut part is longer.

as a shop owner you have no idea how many times I've discovered the wrong part in the wrong box. So many honda/acura parts are so close....just sayin...

..don't make me send Setanta over in his Waambulance to give you an aloe tissue for your sensitive nose!

*~ ~> USeR GUiDELiNeS*<~ ~*

I <3 the G Ride ~*~ I <3 OLD SKooL
amy@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
FrodoGT
AF Enthusiast

Re: Neuspeed springs ride height issue

I second this, OR did you insure that you have the fronts and rears the right way round?

If the strut isnt meant for your car, its likely to not be the same height at the shock perch. Even different generation/body civics and integras will have different stock perch heights. The reason adjustable coil-over systems fit multiple cars is simply because they are adjustable :P

Current project:
Rio Red 91 hatch.
A6/Z6 build, Hondata S300, Tokico illumina/Ground Control.

"I'd rather run 12's on steelies than 15's on rotas."
FrodoGT is offline   Reply With Quote