Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 02:13 AM   #1
spoolinmonkey
AF Newbie

Greddy Turbo kit VS JR SUPERCHARGER? Help

My buddy has an 04 type-s and i am looking into one similar, i would be boosting it right away, but i like to stay away from custom work and perfer full kits....My questions is which would perform better(similar boost levels)???? But all that aside which one is easier on the engine, and would be more reliable??? I'd love to turbo it but im open for anything..What kind of 1/4m times can i expect with one of these kits??? And can i put on other mods aswell....eg full exhaust ect....thanks alot guys..
spoolinmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

Re: Greddy Turbo kit VS JR SUPERCHARGER? Help

When I was considering what to do with my Type S I looked into both turbo and SC before deciding to keep it NA. Turbo will be ok at low psi because of the compression, but if you want the most for your money why bother? With some internal work and plenty of money it would be worth your while. I almost went with the JRSC, for the low-end- and I still personally think the JRSC with a race header and exhaust would be the way to go with the Type S, but that's just me. If you have the money and the time to really do the project right, and you have the brains to tune it properly and responsibly, go turbo. Research individual RSX projects (private and corporate) online to scope out the different setups, costs and results, then decide.

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell...
RSX-S777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #3
TEGasaurus
AF Newbie

Re: Greddy Turbo kit VS JR SUPERCHARGER? Help

Ya, I agree with rsx-s777, if you are totally positive about going turbo right off the bat, youd almost be better off buying a base rsx and saving yourself some $ in the process (unless you are so dedicated that you wouldnt mind building the engine right off the bat also). Either way it makes some $$ sense to start w a base - if thats the route you go I would say go turbo! If you are deadset on the S and you had to have boost I would suggest a loose turbo (something w/ an intentionally late low spool to line up with the dynamic of the engine - you can do this by placing the turbo downstream a bit in the exhaust or just by picking the right snail), but dont expect hellacious gains safely w/ out tearing down the engine and rebuilding
TEGasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX