Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 01:52 AM   #1
thewayshemoves
AF Newbie

General Type-S question...

ok so I'm having to get a new car...I've been driving large displacement american cars for a long time...they're not cool anymore...my driving record is pretty bad...I can't afford the insurance and the payment on my mustang GT...so I was thinking...I really love my friends imports...the rx-8, lancer, integra...those are pretty suave cars...my best two friends drive an s-13 and a z31...my problem is I want something newer, but something that won't kill my insurance...I don't want to go to something ridiculously underpowered since I'm used to 250+hp...my question is...in my situation is a type-s as good as the reviews and the numbers say? will it hurt my insurance worse than a mustang GT?
thewayshemoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:30 PM   #2
wiseguy01
AF Enthusiast

Re: General Type-S question...

insurance companies look at how fast the car can go and crash test ratings and safety like airbags and factory alarms so yeah you would get a break not only in insurance but on gas because the car is lighter and more fuel efficient and a imports idea of 250hp is eqaul to fords 350hp.. u have to look at the power to weight ratio.. like mustang is like 5 to 6 thousand pounds and a rsx is like 1,500 tops now look at that difference and you have vtec so you will get more bang for your buck i think its a really wise decision
wiseguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #3
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

I gave up my GT in 2003 and never looked back.

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell...
RSX-S777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #4
wiseguy01
AF Enthusiast

and do u think rsx is better than mustang??
wiseguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #5
thewayshemoves
AF Newbie

honestly, I like the rsx much better than the mustang...I've always like the way the rsx looked, I just had a dumb moment when I bought the mustang...before I got this last mustang I had a choice betweeen that and an rsx and a 350z...not sure what I was thinking haha...I really do like the rsx, and I like the k20's for some reason, and I don't think I could go wrong, I rode in my friends integra last night, and the pull it had when he got on it made me happy, so yeah...insurance was my biggest worry with getting an rsx, since I need cheaper than the gt has...
Old 09-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #6
thewayshemoves
AF Newbie

sorry to double post...

I'm not looking for 500 horsepower or amazingly high earth shattering torque, I just like being able to know that I have a car that will put you back in the seat every now and then...I always had a bad outlook on 4 cyl. because the only one's I've driven were really terrible ones (focus, beat up mirage, cougar)...but after riding in the integra I don't feel like I'll be losing that ability...I gained a whole new respect for Honda...

Just wanted to say that.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:15 PM   #7
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

I'm not going to say one car is necessarily better than the other- it's a matter of personal taste. I will say there's no substitute for the sound and torque of that V8. But as far as handling, fit and finish are concerned, the Acura wins hands down. It's a fun, fairly quick car for what it is- and can be very fast with the right mods. Bone stock it gets smoked by a lot of cars out there now and it has typical lackluster torque a la Honda- but it's still a blast to drive and easy to work on. And unlike the Mustang, you can actually drive it in more than 1 inch of snow without sh*tting yourself. I recently drove the new GT for a few days. It was a blast, but the quality difference is ridiculously obvious. It would be hard to go back to a Mustang as a daily driver after the RSX.

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell...
RSX-S777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:40 AM   #8
thewayshemoves
AF Newbie

Yeah, driving my mustang sucks even in the rain, I can't imagine if we actually got snow around here
Old 10-26-2007, 06:55 PM   #9
commissioner
AF Newbie

I've had three Vettes. The last one a '94 with a six speed, which I sold in 2000. Bought a '06 Type S and love it. Have to tell you, though, I was pretty surprised on the insurance cost, about $1,200/yr. I'm in my late 50s, and haven't had a ticket since the early '80s; and last accident, which wasn't major, around '94. Love the way the RSX handles. In a lot of ways I'd say it's more fun to drive around than my Vette.
commissioner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX