Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 09:11 AM   #91
Mydiane08
AF Newbie

Re: 2002 Lincoln ls Has no heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorod View Post
Possibly, but what do you mean by "heat actuators?" Are you referring to the DCCV, the door motors, or something else?

-Rod
The LS has 3 heat and ac actuators 1 is for the doors then 1 for defrost and 1 for the floor I changed the radiator and thermostat in my 02 ls 3.0 V-6 bled the system even had it flushed the car does not run hot but has no heat and the only code it put out was 1676 any ideas I can try lol cause I'm about to give up
Mydiane08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:23 PM   #92
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: 2002 Lincoln ls Has no heat

If you don't have heat coming from any of the vents, then I don't think changing the door motors will help. Since I do have first hand experience that "old" batteries in these cars can cause some surprising issues, I'd start there. From what I've encountered, if the battery is 3 or more years old, it's something that should be suspected if the car is doing something odd.

After the battery, the Dual Coolant Control Valve (DCCV) is a very common part to fail and could definitely cause a lack of heat on one or both sides of the cabin. If you can reach it after the engine is up to temperature and the DATC set for heat, determine if the inlet hoses are hot but the outlet are cold. If so, that's a good sign that the DCCV is stuck closed.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ