Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #16
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: Dual climate control blowing heat on AC

The code 12 59 indicates an issue, like your previous code of 12 61, with the solar radiation sensor, A/C solar radiation sensor open circuit.

Code 50 41 indicates SCP invalid or missing data for function read vehicle speed.

Is there a chance you didn't get one of the connectors seated properly when you replaced the temp sensor? Is there a reason you replaced the air temp sensor when your code indicated an issue with the solar radiation sensor?

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #17
ladylincoln
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorod
The code 12 59 indicates an issue, like your previous code of 12 61, with the solar radiation sensor, A/C solar radiation sensor open circuit.

Code 50 41 indicates SCP invalid or missing data for function read vehicle speed.

Is there a chance you didn't get one of the connectors seated properly when you replaced the temp sensor? Is there a reason you replaced the air temp sensor when your code indicated an issue with the solar radiation sensor?

-Rod
I replaced the sensor on top of the dash. The little black bubble that is farthest away from the windshield. (I believe the other black bubble has to do with the secutrity?)

I was told at the Lincoln dealership this was called the air temp sensor so that's what I called it.

I just plugged it in and tried the AC. It didn't help, so I tried the diagnostic test again. The results were 12 59 and 50 41.

Could to explain the 50 41?

Thanks
ladylincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #18
shorod
SHO No Mo

I don't recall what SCP stands for, Serial Communications Protocal? I don't believe it's "Serial" but don't recall what it is. Anyway, apparently the vehicle speed input for the CAN protocol system is not present. Does the speedometer and cruise control work? Try scanning the powertrain codes and see if you get a similar speed sensor error from the power train system.

It sounds like a connector somewhere got left off, causing the open condition for the solar radiation sensor and possibly the missing speed sensor information.

For what it's worth, the solar radiation sensor is not a temperature sensor, but rather a light sensor.

-Rod
Old 07-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #19
cncmobileauto
AF Newbie

I ran the self test and came up with two codes:

12 63, 16 76

Does anyone know what they mean?

Justin
jrcherry821@yahoo.com
cncmobileauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #20
ladylincoln
AF Newbie

I left the solar radation sensor unpluged while I waited for the new one to come in. Would that expain any of the previous codes?

Prior to removing the sensor the air conditioner went out completely. A mechanic found a blown fuse in the Power Distribution Box under "HEGO's". I'm not sure what caused this.

Now the air conditioner is back to the same problem of blowing out heat and cool air at the same time if you change the temp. setting. If I stop and turn off the engine for a while and come back later and start it the air conditioner works fine unless I change the temp. setting.

When I change the temp settings or cut the air conditioner off you can hear the blend door shutting. I read on here somewhere that the blend door is operated electronically. How do you check it. Also, that the air conditioner has a thermostat or the Dual Coolant Control Valve could be sticking. Do you know anything about these?

I recently has an emission light come on but, I think it to be a seperate issue. I had the code pulled on it and it stated: 02 heater circut (bank 1 Sensor 2). A rock flipped up and it hit the undercarriage the day this light came on. I was thinking it may have knocked my a wire on my 02 sensor loose.
ladylincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #21
shorod
SHO No Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmobileauto
I ran the self test and came up with two codes:

12 63, 16 76

Does anyone know what they mean?

Justin
jrcherry821@yahoo.com
Welcome to the forum!

Code 12 63 is Panel door actuator circuit failure and code 16 76 is Battery voltage out of range.

-Rod
Old 07-10-2008, 11:00 PM   #22
shorod
SHO No Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylincoln
I left the solar radation sensor unpluged while I waited for the new one to come in. Would that expain any of the previous codes?

Prior to removing the sensor the air conditioner went out completely. A mechanic found a blown fuse in the Power Distribution Box under "HEGO's". I'm not sure what caused this.

Now the air conditioner is back to the same problem of blowing out heat and cool air at the same time if you change the temp. setting. If I stop and turn off the engine for a while and come back later and start it the air conditioner works fine unless I change the temp. setting.

When I change the temp settings or cut the air conditioner off you can hear the blend door shutting. I read on here somewhere that the blend door is operated electronically. How do you check it. Also, that the air conditioner has a thermostat or the Dual Coolant Control Valve could be sticking. Do you know anything about these?

I recently has an emission light come on but, I think it to be a seperate issue. I had the code pulled on it and it stated: 02 heater circut (bank 1 Sensor 2). A rock flipped up and it hit the undercarriage the day this light came on. I was thinking it may have knocked my a wire on my 02 sensor loose.
Yep, if the codes were not cleared prior to reconnecting the new solar radiation sensor, that would explain the code 12 59.

Unfortunately I'm fighting a very similar issue to yours, except I get no codes. I've also replaced the DCCV with no change and even tried a second control head, no difference. On my wife's 2002, we need to turn the set point down to 60 in order to get it blowing cold. If we turn it up to 65, it may start blowing warm. If it starts blowing warm, then we turn it back to 60 for a minute or two, then back to 65, it will continue blowing cold and the fan speed may slow down a step or two. It soon gets too cold, but if set the temp setting all the way up to 85 (max) it will still be blowing cold air. This is even when the outside temp is around 80.

No DATC diagnostic codes, a brand new OEM DCCV, new battery (recently), different control head, and the R-134a pressures are at specification.

-Rod
Old 07-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #23
landoland
AF Newbie

I am having same issue with heat blowing while running ac. I print and tried shorod diagnostic steps but nothing at all happen.

Lincoln Ls V6 2002

Any idea?
landoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:04 PM   #24
shorod
SHO No Mo

Hmmm, did you have the key in the "Run" position at the time? You need to press both the Off and Floor buttons at the same time, then release both buttons and within 2 seconds press the Auto button. That should initiate the process.

-Rod
The Following User Says Thank You to shorod For This Useful Post:
nuckolsk (04-20-2011)
Old 08-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #25
2005LSdude
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubairth
The problem is the self test feature is different for the 2003-2006 LS cars with the heated/cooled seats. I went thru hell to find it and finally took it to the dealer only to find out they did not know either!! So the mechanic called the hot line and got the correct instructions.

Ignition needs to be on. Car can be running or not. Push the OFF and the DEFROST buttons at the same time. Then press the AUTO button. You are now in self test mode. Let it run and you should get all 8's and every light segment lighted if everything is good. Otherwise write down the numbers displayed. The trouble codes are listed in the Helm shop manual. Push any button to end the test.

You might want to save a copy of this. IT IS NOT IN THE HELM MANUAL!!! All of Ford/Lincoln service materials are wrong or don't even mention the differences.
So do you know which buttons to press for a '05 V6 LS without cooled and heated seats, I tryed it every which way and have never seen a self test pop up, I'd really like to get my AC going again without having to go to a dealer....
2005LSdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #26
shorod
SHO No Mo

Well, for the 2004 there is not a designation between the process for DATC with climate controlled seats versus without. Did all V8 models have climate controlled seats?

The manual claims you access the codes with the following sequence:
------------
The DATC module self-test through the front panel display:
can be initiated at any time. Normal operation of the system stops when the self-test is activated.
is entered by pressing the OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously and then pressing the AUTO button within two seconds . Record all DTCs displayed.
concludes by reporting all on-demand DTCs. Follow the diagnostics procedure given under ACTION in the DTC index for each DTC given.
reports individual on-demand DTCs as four-digit DTCs (less the alpha character).
will calibrate all the mode doors and check all analog inputs. The DATC module will only report on-demand (hard) faults that occurred while the DATC module was conducting its self-test.
will light all control panel display segments if no faults are detected.
will report individual on-demand DTCs without the °C symbol lit.

To exit the self-test, press the defrost button. This will clear all on-demand codes from the DATC module memory. If no button is pushed, DTCs will continue to be displayed.

Upon exit from the self-test the DATC module returns to operational status. The DATC module executes a hard (cold boot) reset which places the DATC system in the OFF mode.
------------

For what it's worth, I'm claiming success in getting the issue fixed on my wife's LS. My scan tool showed that the Evaporator Core Air Discharge temp sensor was not in range. There were no codes, but the datastream showed no changes in the reading and it appeared to be maxed out at 255 degrees F, even when the vent temp was 45 degrees F. Replaced the sensor and all has been well for 2 weeks of mixed weather.

-Rod
Old 08-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #27
howell21
AF Newbie

Hi, I'm new to the post and my 2004 V-8 is blowing hot air whenever I turn on the a/c or recirculate.The temp from 60 to 90 is still hot. I performed the self test and got the code 27 98. Do u have any ideas about this one? It's 100 degrees in GA!!
howell21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #28
shorod
SHO No Mo

Welcome to the forum!

Your code 2798 means the driver side coolant control valve circuit is shorted to ground. Looks like you pretty much have proof that you need a new DCCV.

-Rod
Old 08-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #29
howell21
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorod
Welcome to the forum!

Your code 2798 means the driver side coolant control valve circuit is shorted to ground. Looks like you pretty much have proof that you need a new DCCV.

-Rod
Thanks Rod,
I'm ordering one ASAP.
howell21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #30
gramman03
AF Newbie

Same thing here. 2002 lincoln ls AC problem. Blowing nothing but hot air. I ran the Diagnostic and was given this code:

19 47

Any suggestions?
And where is the index of DTC
gramman03 is offline   Reply With Quote