Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which car is better? (Pictures of cars listed posted below)
2002 VW GTI 30 16.57%
2002 Acura RSX Type S 28 15.47%
2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 20 11.05%
2002 Honda Civic Si 7 3.87%
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 86 47.51%
2002 Ford SVT Focus 10 5.52%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-09-2001, 10:58 PM   #76
moe182
AF Enthusiast

naw, im just not a fan of the looks of that VW....i just cant see myself in that car ya know? I mean they are great cars...my sis has a VW Jetta. But its just not me.
Im really just down to the RSX and Celica. The RSX has heated seats (I live in Canada, and when its like -10 or -20* C its a big plus) but i think the celica has more character because less people have them, because like the integra everyone will have the RSX soon. But the RSX is new and wont be redesigned for a while. who knows about the celica. From what i hear the Celica's technoligy is OK , nothing special, but not out dated...the RSX i would think would have an edge there. Plus i think the RSX is a bit cheaper. I do plan to do a bit of aftermarket work, but nothin major like going to shows or anythin. Just enough so its just personalized, so im not too concerned about the after market parts for either. So yea, id be glad to hear everyones opinion on my problem here....
Old 09-09-2001, 11:00 PM   #77
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Perhaps you should post a new poll, but with only two options...
Old 09-10-2001, 03:31 AM   #78
Evil_potato
AF Newbie

Well i got my chevy z24 stolen 3 weeks ago so im now looking for a new car which i will buy in the next 2 weeks yay! and i was also considering those choice, except fot the wrx which is a little more expenseive.

I must say that i have a little preference for the GTI. Like kbslacker said, i wont see any of those on the road. RSX is looking good, but i went to the dealer and he sold 20 in a few days. How many will there be on the road in a few months?

As for the luxury, does the RSX has a windshield washer heated nozzle as do the GTI? Very useful up here in Canada.

Civic Si-R is also good looking and will probably be cheaper then GTI, RSX, WRX and Celica. As for the Ford, let's just not talk about it.

Have you though about the Mercedes C230 Kompressor? If you don't put to many options, the price is in the same range then the WRX, and you can't beat the luxury of a Mercedes.

Well that's it gotta get to work now
Old 09-10-2001, 03:32 AM   #79
Evil_potato
AF Newbie

Oh yeah i forgot, someone posted this in the vw, gti forum.
go see it if you havent
http://geijn.lagcity.com/gti/index.html
Old 09-10-2001, 09:06 PM   #80
bassik277
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil_potato
Well i got my chevy z24 stolen 3 weeks ago so im now looking for a new car which i will buy in the next 2 weeks yay! and i was also considering those choice, except fot the wrx which is a little more expenseive.

I must say that i have a little preference for the GTI. Like kbslacker said, i wont see any of those on the road. RSX is looking good, but i went to the dealer and he sold 20 in a few days. How many will there be on the road in a few months?

As for the luxury, does the RSX has a windshield washer heated nozzle as do the GTI? Very useful up here in Canada.

Civic Si-R is also good looking and will probably be cheaper then GTI, RSX, WRX and Celica. As for the Ford, let's just not talk about it.

Have you though about the Mercedes C230 Kompressor? If you don't put to many options, the price is in the same range then the WRX, and you can't beat the luxury of a Mercedes.

Well that's it gotta get to work now
I think the GTI will perfect for you
Old 09-10-2001, 09:34 PM   #81
MiSter MAn
Banned

I think that there boy should get a goood ol' ford mustang. Now thats a real mans car for ya son. Nothing beats an Amerikan car AH hEh Ah hEH.
Old 09-10-2001, 09:48 PM   #82
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by moe182

The RSX has heated seats (I live in Canada, and when its like -10 or -20* C its a big plus)
where do you live in Canada?? Where i live i've never seen it below like -10*C well maybe like once.... It's the same here as it is in detroit
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 09-10-2001, 10:19 PM   #83
MiSter MAn
Banned

I live in Los Angeles, Canada
Old 09-11-2001, 03:46 PM   #84
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
note for the focus...
i voted for it... b/c i am equal opportunity
also... its not a ford
its an svt vehicle.
it has a motor built by cosworth, who is, oh yeah, one of the best engine builders in the world.
it has a getrag six spd in it. oh hell no... nice piece
and the rest of the parts are nicer than a reg focus...
hell... the thing has 170hp and 145tq...
when you consider the tq number of an si with 160hp and 110tq... hmm... not like i dont like the other cars
i love the vw and wrx... big faves...
but i like the svt focus too...
Old 09-11-2001, 04:10 PM   #85
Evil_potato
AF Newbie

Hey Gang$tarr, i don't know where you live in Canada, but in here(10 min. north of Montreal) in january days bellow -10c a very rare.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:13 PM   #86
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

that's what i said, it's never below -10*C
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 09-11-2001, 04:16 PM   #87
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche

That's not Canada, Here in Ottawa, it easily gets down to -20 C it was once -51 C with the windchill.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Old 09-11-2001, 04:37 PM   #88
moe182
AF Enthusiast

I live in Hamilton and it CAN get to -10 or -20 not often, but its on THOSE days you either really want or are really greatful that you have heated seats. And in southern ont its gotten as cold as -40 something *C (with windchill)........
Old 09-11-2001, 04:39 PM   #89
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

i'm not countin windchill though

hey moe i was visting friends in hamilton and i saw a brand new Bentley Arnage there... with some mexicans drivin it

ever seen it?
Old 09-11-2001, 04:51 PM   #90
moe182
AF Enthusiast

Naw, cant say that i have.....

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons