Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 02:14 AM   #76
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Z31 engine swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlivetheZ
I'm the same way. I take the freeway to work everdays. I could take surface streets but I like the freeway and it's a bit faster (I think). Plus, the entrance to my apt complex is LITERALLY about 50 yards from the freeway onramp...that kinda helps. Even before this, though, I used to get on the same friggin onramp...lol. I just like the freeway. I used to take the freeway all the time when I lived in Florida, too. I used to take the turnpike, Florida's toll road that went all the way from...like...Miami to Gainesville or something like that. That road rocked. I used to call it Florida's Autobahn. The speed limit was...eh...70...er something...I dunno (lol)...but EVERYONE used to go AT LEAST 80 on it...most would go 90+. I just used to roll with the crowd. I remember racing an Excursion or something like that on the way to work one day. I was amazed it could do 110! I won, but still...I couldn't believe it went as fast as it did!
i remember when i drove to florida in a V6 fully loaded camry. it was a nice ride but when we got to atlanta everyone was doing 90+ on this busy 8-10 ane highway. it was a little scary at first but once you get in there and start getting with the rythm it gets damn fun. wish i had a less busy highway around here. well i guess i do...when i go to chicago it gets pretty crazy when you start getting close to the loop. havent got to travel this in the Z yet but i had a blast in the GTP.

i also am liking Midway Airport. alot of bikers hang out there so when i get my Z running again, i might have to go up there and kick some biker ass.

good luck LLZ. i wish you well...try to stay connected to the internet if you can. i remember last time you were gone forever.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:34 PM   #77
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3smostwanted
good luck LLZ. i wish you well...try to stay connected to the internet if you can. i remember last time you were gone forever.
lol...I will. I'll be around. I'll hit up a wireless hot spot if nothing else. I don't think I had this computer before. Having the wireless enabled laptop makes life a lot easier when you're on the run. I'm going to look at this place right now. Be back later!

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:31 PM   #78
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Well...that place is probably not gunna happen. Nice place, but A) they didn't have any more studios available...just 1 bedrooms that cost as much as the place I'm at now if I stayed and B) they didn't have individual garages. They charge $75 a month JUST for parking in their parking garage...lol.

As of right now, it looks like I'm just gunna stay here. Either that or I'm going to get real up close and personal with my VG...lol. I'm not really opposed to just having the VG in my kitchen or something if I can't find a place with a garage for a reasonable price. I just think that the place I'm at now is about as cheap as I'm going to get for a place I'd like to live in that has a garage and it's at least 600/mo...bit more than I'd like to spend, but I think it might be kinda doable-ish...sorta...not comfortably though. I'd really like to stay at 500/mo or below. Finding a place that's nice, has a garage for me to put the engine and stuff in and all that bullshit doesn't seem too likely.

Simply put, I can:

A- Pay up. Pay the $600+ a month and just stay here. It'd be really expensive for me and I dunno if I could afford the place, electric, cable, internet, the garage, food and fun. In fact, I'm pretty sure some of that shit would have to go.

B- Find some place that doesn't have a garage. This would work, but I'd have to put the engine somewhere which would probably be in my kitchen or something...lol. This would be kinda cool in some ways. It'd be easier to work on any time I wanted to and what's more hard core "car guy" than having a turbo v6 in your kitchen?...lol. But I REALLY like having a garage to park my car in! Sure...I like the storage value of it, but I can make do without that...but I CAN'T park my CAR in my kitchen, too. I really like not having to worry about my car.

So I still dunno...but I did get to spend the day roaming around downtown Cincinnati which I THOUROUGHLY enjoyed for some reason. I love downtown for some reason.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 02-15-2006, 11:56 PM   #79
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
Well...that place is probably not gunna happen. Nice place, but A) they didn't have any more studios available...just 1 bedrooms that cost as much as the place I'm at now if I stayed and B) they didn't have individual garages. They charge $75 a month JUST for parking in their parking garage...lol.

As of right now, it looks like I'm just gunna stay here. Either that or I'm going to get real up close and personal with my VG...lol. I'm not really opposed to just having the VG in my kitchen or something if I can't find a place with a garage for a reasonable price. I just think that the place I'm at now is about as cheap as I'm going to get for a place I'd like to live in that has a garage and it's at least 600/mo...bit more than I'd like to spend, but I think it might be kinda doable-ish...sorta...not comfortably though. I'd really like to stay at 500/mo or below. Finding a place that's nice, has a garage for me to put the engine and stuff in and all that bullshit doesn't seem too likely.

Simply put, I can:

A- Pay up. Pay the $600+ a month and just stay here. It'd be really expensive for me and I dunno if I could afford the place, electric, cable, internet, the garage, food and fun. In fact, I'm pretty sure some of that shit would have to go.

B- Find some place that doesn't have a garage. This would work, but I'd have to put the engine somewhere which would probably be in my kitchen or something...lol. This would be kinda cool in some ways. It'd be easier to work on any time I wanted to and what's more hard core "car guy" than having a turbo v6 in your kitchen?...lol. But I REALLY like having a garage to park my car in! Sure...I like the storage value of it, but I can make do without that...but I CAN'T park my CAR in my kitchen, too. I really like not having to worry about my car.

So I still dunno...but I did get to spend the day roaming around downtown Cincinnati which I THOUROUGHLY enjoyed for some reason. I love downtown for some reason.
yeah, i clicked on that link you posted and i was pretty surprised at the prices and the class of the apartments, even the cheap ones. it actually encouraged me to look at some apartments in my area and in arizona. i found a few nice places in Flagtaff, Arizona and i basically already know where all the nice apartment complexs are in my area.

there is this really nice apartment building in a rural area, i am on the call list when they have an opening. it would be absolutely perfect for me. has a 2 car garage, beautiful inside, full furnished, personal laundry room, its only a 4 apartment unit so the worry about shitty neighbors isnt as high...

if this injury didnt happen to me, i would probably be moved out and have my car running. but we cant go by what ifs...everything will work out.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 02-16-2006, 12:03 AM   #80
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

*Sometime in the near future, K3 has regained full mobility and has his TT swap running*

K3: Dude, I drove my car into a ditch

Broke: Well now you can do that engine build

K3: True

Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Broke_as_**** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:15 AM   #81
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke_as_****
*Sometime in the near future, K3 has regained full mobility and has his TT swap running*

K3: Dude, I drove my car into a ditch

Broke: Well now you can do that engine build

K3: True
i think i remember me and you having this conversation before. that is a good possibility, but i am planning on taking some racing courses at the local track. they offer them for good prices, plus i get to practice with shifter karts.

anyways the engine build is already on the list. the motor i received had a seized cam.

i am looking at GT28R's right now. seems like a very cheap alternative to the 530BB's but with better top end. they will take a little bit of modification but they should make for a fun ride. also, Kuah is running this on his TT and he is well into the 10's.

anyways, the build is coming...i wont be diving my car until it is built up quite a bit. it may take a while because of workman comp denying my claim for medical treatment and everything else. so i have a lawyer fighting it for me and he has a hearing appointment set for March 20 to see if i have a case and to set a Trial date. so as you can see, this will take a while and hopefully we will settle out of court. my lawyer seems very confident so i just play the waiting game i guess but after this month of bills i will be struggling to make ends meet. anyways, the last 2 months of my life story is over.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 02-16-2006, 02:50 PM   #82
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3smostwanted
yeah, i clicked on that link you posted and i was pretty surprised at the prices and the class of the apartments, even the cheap ones. it actually encouraged me to look at some apartments in my area and in arizona. i found a few nice places in Flagtaff, Arizona and i basically already know where all the nice apartment complexs are in my area.

there is this really nice apartment building in a rural area, i am on the call list when they have an opening. it would be absolutely perfect for me. has a 2 car garage, beautiful inside, full furnished, personal laundry room, its only a 4 apartment unit so the worry about shitty neighbors isnt as high...

if this injury didnt happen to me, i would probably be moved out and have my car running. but we cant go by what ifs...everything will work out.
I was kinda surprised myself. It was a pretty nice place. I'm going to call this place and this place in a min. That 4th a plum place is killer. Notice the rooftop pool and sundeck......can we say "party time"? If you get a google satellite photo of the address (4th street and plum), you can see the pool in the pic. Here's the dedicated website for the 4th and plum place...that would be a killer place to be.

You gotta admit...that'd be fuckin sick...

I told my dad I wanted to move downtown and he was like "you're nuts". He seems to think it's a horrible, God aweful, crime infested shitbox. I was talking to a couple at a table I had at work today that lived downtown for SEVEN YEARS and said that they "very highly recommend it", he "never had any problems" and "it's a great, fun place to live"...so the search continues. It was kinda funny, though...I spent just about all day yesterday walking around downtown. Bought a nice cigar and just roamed about...good times. Anyway...I sent my dad a message saying I was walking around downtown and he was like "Alone?" LOL...IT WAS 330 IN THE AFTERNOON!!

The only REAL issue when it comes to moving downtown is my engine. I just don't really know what I can do with all the crap in my garage if I moved downtown cuz I don't think I can find a place downtown that has individual garages.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:26 PM   #83
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Well dammit...instead of looking at the ones I was planning on looking at, I went here and, by the time I found that place and got done there and all, the office at the Plum place, which is where I was really looking forward to looking at, was closed. I'll have to go there tomorrow. That Queen's Tower place, come to find out, wasn't even downtown so that place is a no-go.

The Garfield place was cool, though. I'd get the studio place which was very small. I liked it, though. Cool view of the city, place had an awesome pool room/work out area (indoor heated pool, sauna, weight room, pool table and lounge...all on the top floor about 150 ft in the air...very cool party place!), it wasn't too expensive but, just like the place yesterday, it would cost about the same as this place if I got a storage space for my stuff and paid for a parking space in the garage...which is a must.

So...I dunno about that place, either. This damn engine is proving to be a bit of a thorn in my side right now...

Old 02-16-2006, 07:39 PM   #84
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
Well dammit...instead of looking at the ones I was planning on looking at, I went here and, by the time I found that place and got done there and all, the office at the Plum place, which is where I was really looking forward to looking at, was closed. I'll have to go there tomorrow. That Queen's Tower place, come to find out, wasn't even downtown so that place is a no-go.
holy shit...that link to that apartment building is Fing sweet. i wish there were apartment buildings like that around here without going to chicago. nice prices and one hell of a building...
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 02-16-2006, 08:35 PM   #85
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

I agree. There are lots of cool places to live downtown that are surprisingly affordable. I was just looking around more and you have GOT to check these places. Just click some of the address on the right and browse the pics. AMAZING places. I e-mailed the dude to see if I can afford any of them. I dunno. They look expensive.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)