Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 08:32 AM   #61
ZZII
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, nothing U.S can touch it, but a Skyline could. Look, that's gotta be stage III or IV twin turbo. Do the same thing to a stock turbo engine, and the life will be longer.
ZZII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 12:47 PM   #62
boosted331
AF Enthusiast

Re: Lingenfelter Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZII
Yeah, nothing U.S can touch it, but a Skyline could. Look, that's gotta be stage III or IV twin turbo. Do the same thing to a stock turbo engine, and the life will be longer.
Pull your head out of your ass, stop playing gran turismo 3, and live in the real world. You don't put a stage 3 or 4 turbo on a skyline and make 1000 horsepower. Even if you did make 1000 horsepower out of a skyline, you would not come anywhere close to having the powerband that LPE's upgraded 427TT does, but that doesn't matter to you in GT3, does it? Ever heard of area under the curve? Ever heard of making power on pump gas, not C16?
boosted331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 08:30 AM   #63
vette boy02
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Lingenfelter Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted331
Pull your head out of your ass, stop playing gran turismo 3, and live in the real world. You don't put a stage 3 or 4 turbo on a skyline and make 1000 horsepower. Even if you did make 1000 horsepower out of a skyline, you would not come anywhere close to having the powerband that LPE's upgraded 427TT does, but that doesn't matter to you in GT3, does it? Ever heard of area under the curve? Ever heard of making power on pump gas, not C16?

I could't of said it better myself, im tired of hearing all thins garbage about a 1000 hourse power skyline, 1st of it takes more then just horse power to make a fast car consiter torqu, compression ratios, suspension transmission and POWER BAND. U rice lovers just dont like the fact that ur belovid god like skyline get reemed by a vette.

horsepower is what sells cars torque is what wins races- Carol Shelby
vette boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 11:07 PM   #64
s4fanatic27
AF Enthusiast

the new C6

The aerodynamics is a driving force in the new shape. Chevrolet is keen on avoiding gas-guzzler status with the new Corvette, which will also be more powerful than the current model — the Gen III LS1 powerplant will evolve into Gen IV. Although not as extreme as the LS6 engine in the Z06, the new powerplant will have output bumped from 345 bhp to over 380. After the 2004 model year, the 405-bhp Z06 will go on hiatus, but probably reappear as an '06 model.
what do u think of the new C6
s4fanatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 02:02 AM   #65
S4CamryRanger007
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to S4CamryRanger007
That vette look real nice but i can understand why some people dont like the huge changes. Where can I find that picture?
Old 10-25-2003, 02:21 AM   #66
s4fanatic27
AF Enthusiast

c6

you can find the pic of the new C6 athttp://www.lingenfeltercorvette.com/...C6corvette.jpg check it out
Old 10-25-2003, 01:37 PM   #67
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Re: c6

Dont really like the new shape....It seems to small and compact, too japanese sports car, for me. Somewhat like an RX8, and a bit of Z car in the front..... Maybe itll grow on me, but, it just doesnt fit what my mental image of a Corvette should be. It should look more muscular, less svelte. While the long wheelbase would help handling, it makes detracts from the classical long hood short deck proportions that corvettes have always had.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:07 PM   #68
s4fanatic27
AF Enthusiast

the new C6

I agree at first i saw the picture of it and i was like oh its an RX-8 then i was like what the heck no its not its looks a mixture of the Z and the Rx-8. Then i saw that i was the new look of the C6 corvette and i dont really like the way that it looks. I do think that once it comes out then i will get use to the look .
Old 11-05-2003, 03:07 PM   #69
vette boy02
AF Newbie

i agree with both of u, its ugly. the one smart things the guys at dodge did was when they changed the viper they fixed the lines and made it look BETTER. why the hell couldnt GM do tat they are twice the company. if i want a rice rocket ill buy a honda. i want brute american muscle!!
vette boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 02:09 AM   #70
Vettribution
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Vettribution Send a message via Yahoo to Vettribution
Yeah, brute american muscle... Disregard the statements of 1.1 g's and 500 HP, on a lighter car than the Viper. The new ZO6 will be made to destroy the Viper and the GT40. No muscle there? No handling? And from what I can tell still at the same price?
I think the design looks great. Ive seen all angles of it, and you can still tell its a Vette. I dont expect the change to be THAT drastic though, thats nothing but the concept still right? The other version Ive seen has a front end closer resembling a ferrari than an rx8... shrug
Vettribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:16 AM   #71
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

Vettribution -> We'll just have to see what happens with the z06. It's rumored to be at 500hp.. but those are pure rumors. We have nothin for another 2 and a half years as far as the running numbers. But we have to remember that a viper has a 10cylindar 8.3L engine. This thing's pulling out amazing numbers as far as torque, and right now can 0-60 faster than anything under 150k (stock) that's riding on 4 wheels. I also believe the engine's going to have to go through some serious changes to be able to pull out another 100hp over the existing ls6.

VetteBoy02 -> That is completely debatable with the viper thing. Hang out in the viper forums. It seems that there is a large number of viper owners and viper enthusiasts that appreciate the muscular looks of the Gen2 GTS the best. The RT/10 just didn't look too good with the hoop in the back for the convertable top, and the srt-10 just isn't goin over well because it looks too refined and not as "I'm gonna rip your head off and spit it out"

Now my thoughts on the C6
I completely love the back half of the new vette. It looks so stingrayish. The windshield looks sorta funky because it looks like it goes really high up almost into the roof. The nose isn't as pointed which I don't like because that's a vette trademark. I appreciate the lights because I don't like the look of our c5 at night with the little lights poppin out of the sillouhette. The wheels look a little too crossfire-ish, but apparently that's the new big style of wheels.. on a 0-10... I give it a 7.5 for looks. I want to hear hard solid facts on the performance before I even consider making a judgement.
VenomInMyVeins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:23 AM   #72
911S_TARGA_RSR
AF Enthusiast

Sounds pretty awesome. Now they can finally run with the big boys. Cough. PORSCHES Cough.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:08 PM   #73
Guyanson_Mendiola
AF Enthusiast

Ligenfelter is a good tuner for vette's but when i saw that article on a Ligenfelter Escalade EXT that wasn't right.
Guyanson_Mendiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 04:45 AM   #74
Vettribution
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Vettribution Send a message via Yahoo to Vettribution
Haha. No offense Targa.. But in the next two years... The only thing "big" about the Porsches will be the price tag. Yes there are still people who will by for the name.. and not for the numbers.

Domestics will virtually dominate anything not considered a SUPERcar
within the next two years, unless they make some changes in price or power. I mean come on how does the relatively equally priced Boxster even begin to compare? With the Competition Coupe Viper, and the remodeling of the Corvette, the only cars I see giving anything worth of a challenge as far as numbers and price arguments go... are JAPANESE cars.. not Porsches... Not Ferrari's and not Lamborghini.

So who are the big boys really? America is coming at the rest of the world with a bang, and maybe soon the cars will get the respect they deserve from all the European car fans.

(Sorry, im currently in Germany right now, and for some reason The Germans get pissed when they see a Corvette coming up on them in the fast lane when they are in their Porsches, passing everything on the road. It just pleases me to piss off the rich bastards. )
Vettribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 02:44 PM   #75
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyanson_Mendiola
Ligenfelter is a good tuner for vette's but when i saw that article on a Ligenfelter Escalade EXT that wasn't right.
Ling just came up with a whole new meaning to bLING bLING... ok.. bad joke sorry. But none the less. The basic 5.4l v8 block isn't just standard on vettes, but in the trucks and suv's that gm builds. So it's probably pretty easy to transition their power packs over to the escalade. I know that there are several viper tuners that are going to have packages out for the SRT-10 Truck that dodge is going to put out. Yeah, I think it's rediculous to get a truck doing 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, but to each his own, right?
VenomInMyVeins is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette