Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 09:08 PM   #46
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Kazaa has a bunch of tight Vette videos, I love the one of the Vette spanking a Hayabusa.
Old 04-06-2003, 10:33 AM   #47
Mallet
Banned

I've delt with John over the years..as i'm a Mechanical engineer..on my last trip when i picked upmy Firehawk. and his dissapointement that i put nitrous on top of his "masterpiece stroker..along with various oter mods.

i was thereto see a test f thre monster vett.. it was only the 0-60 and 1/4 test.. but seeing a car nail a sub 2scond 0-60 is an unbeleivable site.. and tis is with an almot toally stock suspension. and the 1/4 came up in a blink i think it was 9 flat.. Henessy has some seious vipe work to do.

hell my Boss Hoss only get to 60 right at 3 seconds. and its never lost onthe streeet to anything.. thank gd these supervettes are rare and far between..

He does excelent quality work . My Grand sport. easily handle new Vipers not onlyin a strainght line where they are killed but on a twisting track.. he icluded a z07 handling package in the grand Sport.. a very enhanced version

you shoould check out a few of his Grand Nationals.... he is a collector as well and loves GM

Mallet
Mallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 04:05 PM   #48
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Mallet welcome to the forum, not sure if you just joined but my first time seeing you here. Anyway, I like your post and you obviously know your schiznik, anyway I was wonder what does a Z07 handling package consist of?

Man I love the Lingenfelter vette, I watch all the videos and saved them of those 8 and 9 second 1/4 mile runs.
Old 04-07-2003, 05:59 PM   #49
Mallet
Banned

Thanks i've been around jioned up when a buddy of mine got banned due to a kid instigating him

the Z07 sheesh it a factory option and certainly better than the best known z51.. its been 4 years since the conversion.. if you'd like i can get more specific once i find the reciept. n actuallity once john started messing with it it became a LPE handling pakage

it wasn't just sway bars, springs ,shocks subframes..oh yeah it was a tuned package involving some of the vette more unique suspensional components..

Its easily a 1g car

thank for the welcome..a and if you really want the skinny give me a couple of das to find this stuff and i can be more specific just pm me.. i have alot of car projects going on the Porsche need to be brought up some more and i'm not leaving that sweet 4.2 s/cJag stock at all..
Mallet
Old 04-09-2003, 04:09 PM   #50
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Mallet
Thanks i've been around jioned up when a buddy of mine got banned due to a kid instigating him

the Z07 sheesh it a factory option and certainly better than the best known z51.. its been 4 years since the conversion.. if you'd like i can get more specific once i find the reciept. n actuallity once john started messing with it it became a LPE handling pakage

it wasn't just sway bars, springs ,shocks subframes..oh yeah it was a tuned package involving some of the vette more unique suspensional components..

Its easily a 1g car

thank for the welcome..a and if you really want the skinny give me a couple of das to find this stuff and i can be more specific just pm me.. i have alot of car projects going on the Porsche need to be brought up some more and i'm not leaving that sweet 4.2 s/cJag stock at all..
Mallet
Thanks Mallet, you read the other posts about watch out Z06, this guy Vortech does a lot of hating on the Vette and seems to think it is the best thing since sliced bread. I posted a video of a Maxima taking out one of their Beloved Mustang Cobras and the board went dead, it was a thread about any good kills lately.
I'll be checking your posts out and once again we need people like you onboard that has the knowledge and respect of all.
Peace out bro
Old 04-09-2003, 05:11 PM   #51
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
Quote:
Originally posted by bk2kmax

this guy Vortech does a lot of hating on the Vette and seems to think it is the best thing since sliced bread.
couldn't have said it better, although he does know his shit about Mustangs:sun:

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

There is NO replacement, for displacement...

2007 Kawasaki ZX10-R S.E.
v10_viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 05:43 PM   #52
Mallet
Banned

Hey guys .. first off i have a Sc cobra .. and lets say its still aford.. fat but a ford..

anything can be made fast it an overall balance i thnk that turns my screw.. For instance the 03 Cobra .. theseguys have been bashing the F-bodies.. yet a head to head test wth an SS showed a .4 difference and very close on the track..

They never tested the Cobra against the C% or the WS6.. evan smiths avaerage run after 5 runs was i belive 13.1

3 weeks later Pontiac Performance Mag did a test a fully loaded 01-02 motored WS^ ( the 01-02LS1 has some trick LS6 parts stock).. anyway this hogged out ,3700lbs with 2 people in the car and an automatic averaged over ten runs 13.01 -13.07.. below the "terminator" and its NA.. so i get real tired of mustang guys.. hell even in the 80 they were only .1 tenth faster andsome years belonged to the F bodies lest we forget the l98 Irocs and the Turbo Tran am (89)

GM owned the 90's and they still can't touch the vette ewith anything stock..

if this guy with ghi vortech mustang. so fast ..can it handle,, does it have a leather luxo sport interior.. a 1000 watt stereo.. a non stripped interior.. can it be a date car?? i mean shit i can order a crate motor that makes 850 hp for 7k and drop in a 3rd gen Vete or C4 it won't handle right but it will go like hell in a striaght line .. you can't hear me speak .. i'll bet this Vortech guy has to use race fuel to get the times he posts, run slicks at 12 psi.. and on the street he would get tracion and probably wrap it around a tree.. don't let my list fool you Im GM all the Way.. My Stang is fast very fat .. but the Firehawk will kill it and the Na stroker GranSport will jusedge it out and whip the pants off of it in every other performance parameter includng the all important PPD....-ussy per doller

wow so hee has what one car.. im impressed.. try just doing maintenace keep up on 6 cars..

the beuty in this is i have them insured for only 2500 miles per year each thats an even 15k per year.. and it more than enough and i rotate

a Vortech Mustang first off he's not too bright the Ati prochargers are far better than Vortechs.. so right off i know he is a smuck

and the Mustag especialy he 03 cobra factory supercharger .. hell i puts down like 370 but then runs a 13.3-13.4 (AuTOMOBILE MAG) they are very heat sensitive.. mine is.. when its hot out it does not run the same at all but my Na 's and Nos cars love the heat.. they sufferfar less thermal hp loss

anyway what till the500 hp 525 ftlbs C6 Zo6 comes out.. yeah it it run almost 12 flat wth 425 and a 3.9 0-60 what will it run with that hp and torque and a better ligher suspesion and more radical looking body

later guys great to be here
Old 04-10-2003, 09:26 AM   #53
Pikachoo
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Pikachoo
I was chatting with a guy about the 427 TT, and he said that the 9 second corvette is not just a corvette with the 427TT package... it's actually a 1000+ HP monster. He even gave me the link where it was for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6168

He said that the 427TT package by itself runs mid - low 10's.

Cruising a Z24 right now, But I've got plans....

http://www.lingenfelter.com/lpe%20-%208%20sec%20Vette.mov
Pikachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 01:32 PM   #54
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

That's it, that's the one, man that thing is sick, I wonder why the guy is selling it (or has sold it)? I watch that thing out accelerate that Blue Angel Jet, I think it pulled a 0-60 time of 1.89 seconds and topped out over 240.
I'd sell my wife for one of those, hehe, jk. I prefer it in all black and I haven't ever seen any other car do what he did with that car and to top it off he wasn't even using nitrous.

Anybody got any idea of what his times would be like with those Lingenfelter Twin Turbos and let's say a 175 shot? I'm not even certain that they could make a suspension that can keep that kind of power on the ground.

Imagine that car with Nitrous and some rear slicks and maybe a Z07 suspension. Any idea of what it could do in the quarter hooked up like I mentioned earlier?
Old 04-11-2003, 09:05 AM   #55
Unleashed
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Unleashed Send a message via AIM to Unleashed Send a message via Yahoo to Unleashed
A 427 TT,, that would be awesome.. .. my lil ole 02 Z06 has a "few' nice little addon.. and it runs like a raed ape.. i had the chanceone day to line up against the 427TT at the track.. i'll admit i blew the light.. and just coasted off down the track.. i wasn't gonna be shamed like that.. i can get in a 11 flat .. if its cold maybe a 10.9 at very best.. but this Lingerfelter ran a 9.20 and he braked right around the 1000 foot mark he had an easy .4 left ..and i'msure when he realized i wans't racing him he didn't push it too hard.... i was playing with thte guy.. i have one on those fake Sub tubes that looks like a Nitrous bottle.. my kid beegged me to install it and its kinda cool .. it intimidate the crap out of people

yeah well i'd like to see a ford without a major redesign from the factory get an Icon TT run like that and then through a different set of tires and rip up willow springs.. they can't( Ford do it all0 theyknow how to make Hp .. but in the case of 01 Zo6 and the 00 Cobra R

I dentical hp .. though the Cobra was a dohc motor ibelieve or ohc anyway it was baten soundly bythe Vette. and the Mustang had no back seat /airconditioning/ radio .. power widods or locks.. and the Zo6 you could take rightfromt the track to the opera.

This Vortech Guy doesn't know anything.. he is whats called int the automotive circle a parrot.. he repeats what he hears .. and does not understand the princeples that make these mods work.. i've heard he think he can run past 1 bar on his block with his stock compression..if he studied his block would need a cut in compression to run above 14 psi safely.. oh he might get awy with it for a short time.. butit will Boom.. wereas others know the reason things are done the way they areand understand "design limits

just for fun check the 03 cobra iron blck low compression.. hmmm why is that???
Unleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:02 PM   #56
ITALIANcarsRULE
AF Newbie

Its a fake

When the Lingenfelter corvette was tested for the 0-60 it was not tested on regular pavement. it was on a different kind of track that gave it the traction it needed to get to 60 that fast. if you tried on a normal highway somewhere you would find that the acceleration would be different.
ITALIANcarsRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 03:12 PM   #57
Purerock105
AF Regular

There is no denying that LPE makes great products and backs
it up with warranties as well, and I've yet to hear of an LPE
horror story like Hennessey.

I love Corvettes and have followed this story with a balanced
view.

I think this particular car is not the garden variety 427TT that
LPE offers. You can get it if you're willng to pay as with anything.

But this is the grandest of all 427TT(less the wide-body). It's got
ALL the bells and whistles that LPE has to offer.

The funny thing is that with all this testing comes all the press,
probably intended(we're talking about it right?) However, a good
many of the LPE Turbo applications that are owned by people do
not go to the track and will never be driven to the extreme of these
tests.

It still shows what his(John) and company(LPE) can do and is a highly
regarded benchmark in Corvette performance.

Purerock105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 03:50 PM   #58
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

When the Lingenfelter corvette was tested for the 0-60 it was not tested on regular pavement. it was on a different kind of track that gave it the traction it needed to get to 60 that fast. <quoted by ITALIANcarsrule

None of what you said really matters because in the shootout that Motortrend did, the Lingenfelter Corvette beat all the others on the Road Test Circuit Track and was the fastest in all but maybe one or 2 categories.

Regardless, it's just as Purerock stated> It still shows what his(John) and company(LPE) can do and is a highly
regarded benchmark in Corvette performance.

Give me one of those anyday and make mine black.

Anybody seen the Lingenfelter vs DSM video on Kazaa? You wanna see something impressive, entertaining and funny just check that clip out.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:17 PM   #59
ChickenIsGood
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ChickenIsGood Send a message via Yahoo to ChickenIsGood
Quote:
Originally posted by Pikachoo

Jeeeeeze. That is smokin. Hell I didn't think motorcycles can accelerate that fast.
They can't. They have this aweful problem of keeping the front wheel down.
But with a little wheely bar...
ChickenIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:02 PM   #60
TranceOHollic
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to TranceOHollic
hey, hew to the forums and thought I would post what I though on the subject.

here goes.. the corvette is nothing near stock with over 1000+ horsepower. The guy that owns it lives in texas I believe and wanted the fastest street legal car lingenfelter has ever built. so he built him a bad a** twin turbo 427 package... the life of the motor isnt long with its titanium rods and other excessories... but none the less its a bad a** car... it can be drove on the street and no one could ever touch it...
TranceOHollic is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD