Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2005, 02:14 AM   #46
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic
 
k3smostwanted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 6,739
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: Re: Re: Vk56de

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMan
Firstly, there is no proof that it is a Q45 engine bay. It was *suspected* that it was but it could very well be a z32 engine bay. 'The wipers look a bit funny' is *not* conclusive proof.
you can sit here and honestly feed us some bullsh*t liek that. give me a break. he has been proven wrong in just about every forum he has visited. he has always just ran away and moved on to a different forum. we have proved his statements false in this forum...if you want to play ignorant to legitimate proof then so be it. but you seem as if you are on someone elses side that hasnt even came back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman
Hey, I've done tonnes of things and I don't have any proof to back them up, but that doesn't mean I didn't do them. If I'm experienced in something, I'm going to give people a hand if they need. I'm *not* going to keep a huge archive of articles, pictures, mpegs etc. just in case someone who I don't give a shit about tries to call bullshit on me. I'd say Al couldn't care less what you think of him and as such, he's not going to go to the effort to change the way you think. If I was in his position, I'd be doing the exact same thing.

It's an internet forum. It would have no effect on Als life whatsoever so why would he go to any trouble whatsoever to disprove some person he's never met? He's not running away, he's just got better things to do.
and if he doesnt need to prove anything and he wants to go that route then he wouldnt have posted some pictures that have been rehosted from the internet. he wouldnt try to prove himself if he felt this way...he would have told us that he did not feel obligeted to prove anything. instead he googled the web and found some lame pictures of cars and motors and claimed them as his.

that green car he posted...i specifically remembe him posting that picture before saying it was some buddy of his's car. now he claims it his own...i will try to find the thread if you would like but i feel that he has already been proven not credible.

EDIT:

i did some searchign because i remember him saying several times he was going to give all of us some proof of his statements. which would dispose of the thought that he doesnt care what we think...

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...3&postcount=13

there is a post by him...if you see where it says "Broke..."

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...7&postcount=14
there is another statement by him saying he was going to give us some proof.

once again, we ave seen nothing of the sort.

he also claimed he was building a 350Z to run 300mph on teh salt flats. we will ahve to keep our eyes peeled open for a red 350z with a VH45DETT running 300mph.

i will dig up some better stuff later...because he did indeed tell us what class he was going to be running.
__________________
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 03:29 AM   #47
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast
 
Broke_as_****'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pacific, Washington
Posts: 2,927
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Vk56de

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMan
Hey, I've done tonnes of things and I don't have any proof to back them up, but that doesn't mean I didn't do them. If I'm experienced in something, I'm going to give people a hand if they need. I'm *not* going to keep a huge archive of articles, pictures, mpegs etc. just in case someone who I don't give a shit about tries to call bullshit on me. I'd say Al couldn't care less what you think of him and as such, he's not going to go to the effort to change the way you think. If I was in his position, I'd be doing the exact same thing.

It's an internet forum. It would have no effect on Als life whatsoever so why would he go to any trouble whatsoever to disprove some person he's never met? He's not running away, he's just got better things to do.
I'm not going to dig up a thread here but I'm pretty sure we have seen pictures of that twin supercharged car you are building. And saying you are building a unique engine is far from claiming everything he as said he has done. He's spent enough time here and argued all this enough that it's pretty obvious it matters to him. Yes it is an internet forum and not much to get bent up about. But he has gotten bent about it and I get bent when people lie and try to use that lie to look down at me. And let us not forget that if he had such better things to do he wouldn't try to post fake pictures to back up his lies. He wouldn't be on half a dozen different forums trying play the same game. If he didn't care he wouldn't have even responded to this thread.

Quote:
Firstly, there is no proof that it is a Q45 engine bay. It was *suspected* that it was but it could very well be a z32 engine bay. 'The wipers look a bit funny' is *not* conclusive proof.
You obviously didn't read K3s post, so I suggest you do. Look at that engine bay and look at a Z32s. That is not a Z32 in the picture he provided. It has the wrong cowl as mentioned, the master cylinder is wrong, the brake lines are wrong and the yellow warning sticker in the top right will not be found in a Z32. IT IS NOT A Z32 ENGINE BAY.

If you are posting a picture as proof of something, why the FUCK would you post anything that could even remotely be argued. All he would have had to do is get even just the headlights in the picture and it would have been concrete. If you were posting a set of pictures as proof WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PUT A PICTURE OFF EBAY IN THEM? He has done NOTHING to prove ANYTHING he has done is true and if anything he has done more to prove himself wrong.

Quote:
So you're saying that every single person in the armed forces is and always has been of legal age? Give me a break. My grandfather fought in world war II. He was 16 when he joined.
The point being he stated he was of legal age. The point being that given he stated he was of legal age he wouldn't have been able to have flown in the Korean war at all much less for the three years he claimed. Try reading.

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what you mean with this one.
Read my post and follow the links. You will understand if you read and respond rather that just responding.

Quote:
I'd like to see this particular piece of proof. Show where he claimed to be in the drag class and then show where you got your information from. The burden of proof is still with you here.
And I did show that he was not at the Vegas event like he said he was. Again, try reading. Then go and look up the rest of the results for the Pro-Mod schedule that he posted in that thread. Oops! He's not listed anywhere.

Quote:
He never said he was on any wanted list. He just said that the government didn't take to kindly to his actions, so he moved to mexico. If so, then he could still come to America every now and then and as long as he didn't attract too much attention of the government, I'd say that he'd be quite alright. You might have read the black helicopters into it, but it doesn't seem too suspicious to me.
Jesus you must not have read anything I posted.

Apparently it's serious enough that he's got the FBI coming down on him. That isn't "didn't take kindly". He ain't going to be "alright".

Quote:
I have never read into any of his posts like that. I take advice where I can and if he's come across that way to you, it would seem that you've got a bit of a superiority complex and cant handle someone knowing more than you. That's the way I've read into that.
Thanks Dr. Phil, your opinion on my mental condition will be marked as read and filed in the appropriate place. If you came to that conclusion based on the amount of effort I have put into this thread (which is several hours to be sure) then I hate to dissappoint you. This is the end result of several things: Zgringo trying to BS me into looking dumb in another thread, my inherent dislike of BS, Zgringos overwhelming amount of BS and the amusement I find in nailing BS to the wall.

Quote:
I always try to be as objective as I can, especially on the internet. Opinions are bad. Fact is good. Objectivity allows you to take a step back from the personal side of things and concentrate on fact and fiction.

So far, I have seen no evidence to support Als claims, nor evidence to support your claims. As such, I have no opinion. However, that being said, I do believe that if you do make claims with the intention of harming one's reputation, you must have conclusive proof. So far, all I have seen is an identification of a lack of supportive evidence.

Also, this wasn't meant to be personal so please don't take it personally. I think you're a great bloke with alot of knowledge and experience. All i see this as is a difference of opinion through a constructive discussion.
You obviously didn't read a thing I wrote. If you want to stick your head in the "Until I see a signed and notorized picture of a 12 year old Zgringo from Bumfuck, Egypt I'll believe him" sand pile then go right ahead, but at least warn us before you do because it's a waste time to try convince someone who isn't even going to listen. But as some advice, objectivity is great when used in concert with "logic". Zgringos actions have done nothing but harm himself, he hasn't produced anything that could even remotely be called proof and when pressed he runs away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMan
Personally, until i see proof OTHERWISE, I will trust what he says is true.
And you obviously have an opinion on it despite claiming not to. I have shown proof that he hasn't done the things he said he has done, shown the "proof" he did offer was BS and gave him the chance to provide something real and here we are with nothing from Zgringo. And let us not forget who Zgringo was, he always eager to prove someone wrong, just pick any super/turbo topic or go to the forced induction section to see that much. So eager to prove his point, having "done so much" and so proud of all of it and yet the slightest bit of evidence to show that ANY OF IT exists is out of his fancy? Yeah bullshit.
__________________
1989 240SX Fastback. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1995 300ZX Twin Turbo


Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Broke_as_**** is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 08:51 AM   #48
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic
 
k3smostwanted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 6,739
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
its poetry...he is a friggin poet.
__________________
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 01:26 PM   #49
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!
 
ZedEx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 3,132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ZedEx
Re: Vk56de

... I love you Broke

-Wes
__________________
-2000 PY Acura Integra Type-R #686 - WhoRe
-1997 EGP Honda Prelude Type-SH - Daily driver


R.I.P Hypsi87:Andy Filson
ZedEx is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 10:48 PM   #50
probehtr300
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cols, Ohio
Posts: 696
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Vk56de

hey, wasnt there supposed to be either some car or VH kit or something that a company was supposed to name after Al ??? LOL
BTW this thread is fucking awesome and funny as hell
__________________

Past Z Car Crew

-josh
probehtr300 is offline  
Old 07-31-2005, 03:25 AM   #51
MikeMan
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sydney
Posts: 375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to MikeMan
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vk56de

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke_as_****
You obviously didn't read K3s post, so I suggest you do. Look at that engine bay and look at a Z32s. That is not a Z32 in the picture he provided. It has the wrong cowl as mentioned, the master cylinder is wrong, the brake lines are wrong and the yellow warning sticker in the top right will not be found in a Z32. IT IS NOT A Z32 ENGINE BAY.
Yeah ok, I'll pay that. Its a real bad picture and It's hard to tell, but I'm not going to argue it. I assume that you guys know the z32 engine bay much better than I do, so I'll take your word for it.

Quote:
If you are posting a picture as proof of something, why the FUCK would you post anything that could even remotely be argued. All he would have had to do is get even just the headlights in the picture and it would have been concrete. If you were posting a set of pictures as proof WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PUT A PICTURE OFF EBAY IN THEM? He has done NOTHING to prove ANYTHING he has done is true and if anything he has done more to prove himself wrong.
I do actually believe that the picture of the engine on the floor is his. In other forums he did say he bought it off ebay. He also states that he doesn't have a digital camera, so if this is the case, then that picture would be the only one he would have of it. I do believe that Zgringo has at least one VH45DE, and that ebay symbol on the bottom left would actually verify his claims on other forums. URLs will follow shortly, but I'm too tired to pull them up.


Quote:
The point being he stated he was of legal age. The point being that given he stated he was of legal age he wouldn't have been able to have flown in the Korean war at all much less for the three years he claimed. Try reading.
He seems to be a member of AFForums
and he registered well over a year ago. He's also put in when he flew and what squadron (??) he was in. Now I'm not saying that this is anywhere remotely near proof, but it does indicate that if he is indeed lying about this, then he's been doing it for well over a year, far before all this shit on AF started. Anyway, it would likely be pretty easy to check if he was in 'Flight 207' if you knew where to look. Unfortunately I don't know where to look and I don't really have the motivation either. I'm not his defence lawyer here.




Quote:
And I did show that he was not at the Vegas event like he said he was. Again, try reading. Then go and look up the rest of the results for the Pro-Mod schedule that he posted in that thread. Oops! He's not listed anywhere.
As a side note, do we know his full name? He might be using Albert as a pseudonym on here. Or, he might be using another alias for his racing. If you assume that he was truthful in saying that the feds are after him, it doesn't seem like such a farfetched idea.


Well actually, ihe states that the feds released him and he was advised to leave the country by his attorney. He would be tried for treason if he released any information, which would indicate that as long as he doesn't then he should be alright. Thats how I took it.


Quote:
Thanks Dr. Phil, your opinion on my mental condition will be marked as read and filed in the appropriate place. If you came to that conclusion based on the amount of effort I have put into this thread (which is several hours to be sure) then I hate to dissappoint you. This is the end result of several things: Zgringo trying to BS me into looking dumb in another thread, my inherent dislike of BS, Zgringos overwhelming amount of BS and the amusement I find in nailing BS to the wall.
First, can we drop the sarcasm? I'm still trying to remain objective here. I did like your filing system for these matters though.
I think we could all probably give that filing system a go for this whole Zgringo issue. No disrespect for the man but I think we're all getting a little worked up over one particular user of the forum here.

Quote:
You obviously didn't read a thing I wrote. If you want to stick your head in the "Until I see a signed and notorized picture of a 12 year old Zgringo from Bumfuck, Egypt I'll believe him" sand pile then go right ahead, but at least warn us before you do because it's a waste time to try convince someone who isn't even going to listen. But as some advice, objectivity is great when used in concert with "logic". Zgringos actions have done nothing but harm himself, he hasn't produced anything that could even remotely be called proof and when pressed he runs away.

And you obviously have an opinion on it despite claiming not to. I have shown proof that he hasn't done the things he said he has done, shown the "proof" he did offer was BS and gave him the chance to provide something real and here we are with nothing from Zgringo. And let us not forget who Zgringo was, he always eager to prove someone wrong, just pick any super/turbo topic or go to the forced induction section to see that much. So eager to prove his point, having "done so much" and so proud of all of it and yet the slightest bit of evidence to show that ANY OF IT exists is out of his fancy? Yeah bullshit.
I do have an opinion on the matter, but I'm trying to separate it as much as I can from my objective analysis. I feel that someone needs to play the devil's advocate here, and I don't mind doing it. However, don't take that as meaning I'm taking sides. The points I'm raising are more 'what if's than trying to state unfounded opinions.

Personally, I do believe Zgringo, at least to the extent of him owning at least one vh45de powered 300zx. His knowledge of these engines are unmatched on almost all forums on the internet. I've learnt quite a bit from old man Al, and for that I thank him.

As for non z related claims, I couldn't give a flying fuck if he lies about anything in particular because it doesn't affect my life anyway. I'm not going to make any life decisions based solely on what he says so to me, it doesn't really matter if he's lying. He could tell me that he's the Mayor of bumfuck, Egypt if he wanted and it would still be as inconsequential as if he flew in the Korean war or not. All I care about is getting good knowledge on the 300zx, and Al has done that.

I do understand that this discussion is on whether or not he was telling the truth, not the worth of the truth, but this is why I don't really have an opinion on everything else he says. It doesn't matter to me so I couldn't be arsed trying to prove/disprove what he says.

Anyway, i think things are getting a little too hostile on here for such a normally peaceful forum, so lets all drop it, have a beer or two and get on with discussion of past Z cars.


-Mike

PS. I can't believe no one has used this smiley yet:
MikeMan is offline  
Old 07-31-2005, 03:28 AM   #52
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!
 
ZedEx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 3,132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ZedEx
Re: Vk56de

... Meh, I really should close the thread. But, it's like a Soap Opera, I want to see what happens next

Seriously though, let's keep it civil... Otherwise, the thread WILL be closed.

-Wes
__________________
-2000 PY Acura Integra Type-R #686 - WhoRe
-1997 EGP Honda Prelude Type-SH - Daily driver


R.I.P Hypsi87:Andy Filson
ZedEx is offline  
Old 07-31-2005, 03:36 AM   #53
MikeMan
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sydney
Posts: 375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to MikeMan
Re: Re: Vk56de

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedEx
... Meh, I really should close the thread. But, it's like a Soap Opera, I want to see what happens next
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our PZC.

We should probably have put this into another thread from the beginning. Poor 'Turbo711' just wanted an answer to a harmless question and we've all pushed this shit onto him. On the behalf of all participants in this discussion, I apologise Turbo711 for completely destroying your thread.

-Mike
MikeMan is offline  
Old 07-31-2005, 04:01 AM   #54
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic
 
k3smostwanted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 6,739
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vk56de

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMan
Yeah ok, I'll pay that. Its a real bad picture and It's hard to tell, but I'm not going to argue it. I assume that you guys know the z32 engine bay much better than I do, so I'll take your word for it.
not to revive an already beatin subject but i would like to add...

it doesnt take a Z32 owner to see that the engine bays are different. to make life simpler i will post 3 picture. one of a Z32 engine bay, one of a Q45 engine bay, and the picture of "Al's Supercharged VH powered Z32"

you shoulnt even really have to look at it for more than a couple seconds to see what is going on here. so obviously he has lied about this forums contents and that would be 300zx's. so MikeMan, according to your own statements, you should care that he has tried lying to us all. i dont really find it a big deal because he has ran away from this forum just like every other forum that has disproved his claims for the past 2 years. if he were to come back, i still wouldnt have a problem as long as he posted an apology and a reason behind his actions, and the real truth of "Al". i would love to hear his true story...whether he is an overly ambitious and smart 14 year old kid to a 70 year old man that has an obsession with playing games with people.

anyways, on to the pictures...

First Up: (90-96) 300ZX engine bay and cowl

Second we will look at a Q45 engine bay:

Third: Al's VH45DE w/ supercharger in a 300ZX? Just comare the cowls and where the wipers meet. It is obvious and self-explanitory.
__________________
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline  
Old 07-31-2005, 06:06 AM   #55
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast
 
Broke_as_****'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pacific, Washington
Posts: 2,927
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vk56de

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMan
Yeah ok, I'll pay that. Its a real bad picture and It's hard to tell, but I'm not going to argue it. I assume that you guys know the z32 engine bay much better than I do, so I'll take your word for it.
So thats you're response to damning evidence. "Dur, I still really don't believe you but I'll take your word for it because I'm not going to take thirty seconds to verify what you are saying for myself even though it's been all but spelled out in crayon for me." Denial is a bitch ain't it?

Quote:
I do actually believe that the picture of the engine on the floor is his. In other forums he did say he bought it off ebay. He also states that he doesn't have a digital camera, so if this is the case, then that picture would be the only one he would have of it. I do believe that Zgringo has at least one VH45DE, and that ebay symbol on the bottom left would actually verify his claims on other forums. URLs will follow shortly, but I'm too tired to pull them up.
If you aren't going to try and prove your point then don't bother posting. The ebay picture verifying his claims is akin to me posting a picture of a 300ZX off the Nissan website and claiming thats proof I have one.

Quote:
He seems to be a member of AFForums
and he registered well over a year ago. He's also put in when he flew and what squadron (??) he was in. Now I'm not saying that this is anywhere remotely near proof, but it does indicate that if he is indeed lying about this, then he's been doing it for well over a year, far before all this shit on AF started. Anyway, it would likely be pretty easy to check if he was in 'Flight 207' if you knew where to look. Unfortunately I don't know where to look and I don't really have the motivation either. I'm not his defence lawyer here.
He joined AF over a year ago. As stated by K3 he's been doing this on other forums for quite some time and he has fabricated evidence before. So for all his years in the Air Force he is just going to make a profile there and not even bother to post? What's this bullshit about you don't have the motivation. Just one blip above this you said you would provide URLs to back up what your were saying. But now, when confronted by something that would again prove Zgringo was lying, you lack the motivation to do so? And wait, hold on, you're not his defense lawyer? Ho-ly shit you must not be reading anything you are writing! Look at what you are posting! "Well given the right circumstances, this thing doing that, a bowl of lucky charms and a full moon then he might not have pictures of anything." BULLSHIT! Why don't you actually start BEING objective like you claim you are and read both what other people have written and what you are writing. If he was who he said he was there would have been something, almost ANYTHING, that would have proved it and all he would have had to do is link that one little bit of evidence here it would have been settled. But no, instead he tries to bullshit with fake pictures and more lies and destroys what little credibility he had left.

Quote:
As a side note, do we know his full name? He might be using Albert as a pseudonym on here. Or, he might be using another alias for his racing. If you assume that he was truthful in saying that the feds are after him, it doesn't seem like such a farfetched idea.
No, trying to use bullshit to cover up bullshit doesn't work. And yeah, he claims to be Albert McCallson of San Felipe at 70 years of age, or at least thats what his AF profile said until he erased everything and moved to Bumfuck. Oh wait or is it 60 years old? Senility must be getting to him if he can't even remember that.

Quote:
Well actually, ihe states that the feds released him and he was advised to leave the country by his attorney. He would be tried for treason if he released any information, which would indicate that as long as he doesn't then he should be alright. Thats how I took it.
Take it any way you want, getting involved at the level he claimed it was at does not mean you are going to be alright.

Quote:
First, can we drop the sarcasm?
No.

Quote:
I'm still trying to remain objective here. I did like your filing system for these matters though. I think we could all probably give that filing system a go for this whole Zgringo issue. No disrespect for the man but I think we're all getting a little worked up over one particular user of the forum here.
Sometimes the situation calls for getting worked up. If I'm going to call someone out I'm going to pursue the matter until no one is going to argue about it because if you don't do that then the matter just keeps coming back up. This shit is getting settled right here, right now so it DOESN'T come back up. If you want this to be dropped then I suggest you stop posting about it. He lied, he's a fraud, get over it. There is one person who can prove Zgringo is who he claimed to be and he ran away.

Quote:
I do have an opinion on the matter, but I'm trying to separate it as much as I can from my objective analysis. I feel that someone needs to play the devil's advocate here, and I don't mind doing it. However, don't take that as meaning I'm taking sides. The points I'm raising are more 'what if's than trying to state unfounded opinions.
And you are failing terribly. You can't be objective if you aren't going to even try and look at his side critically. And please don't try to say that you aren't on his side because Zgringo has provided enough bullshit for this thread. And your what ifs are pretty far fetched. You're trying to say that years and years of heavily covered professional drag racing has yielded not one damn picture that he could have linked to. There is not one damn picture of anything he has done? No 300 mph stock body ride pictures? No NHRA website with his Z listed? No pictures of anything he didn't for the Air Force or Boeing? No flight roster with him on it? No drag racing pictures? No pictures of him on a beach in Mexico with his "girlfriend"? Thats bullshit.

Quote:
Personally, I do believe Zgringo, at least to the extent of him owning at least one vh45de powered 300zx. His knowledge of these engines are unmatched on almost all forums on the internet. I've learnt quite a bit from old man Al, and for that I thank him.
Here is an interesting point, how many times did he brag about his researching skills? Yeah he knows about Zs and the VH engine. Is that anything that can not be looked up on the internet? No, it's all there, and given all the different forums he was on and how much he was here he is obviously online alot. Wouldn't a professional drag racer with so many time consuming projects have better things to do?

Quote:
As for non z related claims, I couldn't give a flying fuck if he lies about anything in particular because it doesn't affect my life anyway. I'm not going to make any life decisions based solely on what he says so to me, it doesn't really matter if he's lying. He could tell me that he's the Mayor of bumfuck, Egypt if he wanted and it would still be as inconsequential as if he flew in the Korean war or not. All I care about is getting good knowledge on the 300zx, and Al has done that.
If you didn't give a fuck about them then you wouldn't be in here defending them. If want you this place to be a dictionary with nothing but lists and tables of torque specs and stock ride heights then too bad. We're all here because everyone else is here. I don't know how much human contact you get but you can't have a member of a group that lies to everyone. If he wants to return he can either come in here with utterly irrefutable evidence of everything he said he has done or he can come back and apologize to everyone for being a pudwack then tell us who he really is.

Quote:
I do understand that this discussion is on whether or not he was telling the truth, not the worth of the truth, but this is why I don't really have an opinion on everything else he says. It doesn't matter to me so I couldn't be arsed trying to prove/disprove what he says.
If you are going to be in here arguing in his defense then you better be prepared to prove that he isn't lying. You are arguing in his defense without trying to prove it either way because you "don't care"? That is just half assed. You really need to make up your mind. Defend him or don't but don't try to straddle the fence by saying it's nothing that matters to you when it obviously does.

Quote:
Anyway, i think things are getting a little too hostile on here for such a normally peaceful forum, so lets all drop it, have a beer or two and get on with discussion of past Z cars.
This is a peaceful forum, this just happens to be a hostile thread. I'm just cleaning out some bullshit that has clogged this forum like the aftermath of a mega burrito in a low-flow toliet. Besides, every forum needs a good blood bath every now and then. That's why we recruit new members.

*looks at Delerious*

Quote:
PS. I can't believe no one has used this smiley yet:
Why? Because this thread has them but the pics themselves are worthless.
__________________
1989 240SX Fastback. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1995 300ZX Twin Turbo


Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Broke_as_**** is offline  
Old 07-31-2005, 08:11 AM   #56
MikeMan
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sydney
Posts: 375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to MikeMan
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vk56de

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke_as_****
So thats you're response to damning evidence. "Dur, I still really don't believe you but I'll take your word for it because I'm not going to take thirty seconds to verify what you are saying for myself even though it's been all but spelled out in crayon for me." Denial is a bitch ain't it?
eh? I conceded. How can i be in denial when I accepted your evidence? I highly doubt that the q45 engine bay posted is zgringo's z32 engine bay. I tried to see the other side of the coin (because no one else here is willing to even consider it) but the more i look at it, the less likely it becomes of being legit. I concede this piece of evidence. You win. If you want an argument on this issue, you're not going to get one.

Quote:
If you aren't going to try and prove your point then don't bother posting.
I'll post whenever and whereever i want dickhead. Don't tell me what to do. The only person who can decide what gets posted here is Wes, and if he has an issue, he'll raise it with me. You need to get off your high horse and start treating me with the respect I have given you.

Quote:
The ebay picture verifying his claims is akin to me posting a picture of a 300ZX off the Nissan website and claiming thats proof I have one.
Yeah it was a bad choice of words. I didn't mean conclusively prove his story, but its actually something in his favour here. On an unrelated forum he mentions that he bought a vh45de off ebay. no picture is ever posted there of the engine.
Then on here he posts a picture of the engine but says nothing about ebay. Instantly you all assume he's talking shit because its an ebay picture. You're all jumping the gun without actually considering another side to the story.


Quote:
He joined AF over a year ago. As stated by K3 he's been doing this on other forums for quite some time and he has fabricated evidence before. So for all his years in the Air Force he is just going to make a profile there and not even bother to post?
So by him not posting it proves that he was never in the airforce? Are you saying that you can't possibly see how someone would sign up to a forum and not post? It seems farfetched that he would sign up to an airforce forum in anticipation of someone calling bullshit on him over a year later. He has never even said anything about afforums.com on here, so i doubt that was his motive.

Quote:
What's this bullshit about you don't have the motivation. Just one blip above this you said you would provide URLs to back up what your were saying. But now, when confronted by something that would again prove Zgringo was lying, you lack the motivation to do so?
I really don't have the motivation. He's a mate and I speak to him on skype occasionally but I couldn't care less if he doesn't ever come back here, nor if he thinks you're a dickwad or not.
Besides, I did try searching on google to find USAF records but after a few searches i gave up. Of course, you'd probably take that to mean that the USAF never existed.

Quote:
And wait, hold on, you're not his defense lawyer? Ho-ly shit you must not be reading anything you are writing! Look at what you are posting! "Well given the right circumstances, this thing doing that, a bowl of lucky charms and a full moon then he might not have pictures of anything." BULLSHIT! Why don't you actually start BEING objective like you claim you are and read both what other people have written and what you are writing. If he was who he said he was there would have been something, almost ANYTHING, that would have proved it and all he would have had to do is link that one little bit of evidence here it would have been settled. But no, instead he tries to bullshit with fake pictures and more lies and destroys what little credibility he had left.
I didn't even bother to read half of that rant, but I take it that you're upset that I'm considering the other side to the story. boo fucking hoo. I'm trying to bring objectivity into an otherwise subjective argument by exploring the opposite of what you believe. If you've got a problem with this, then you need to take up politics.

For most of the things I'm not even saying i believe one way or another, but I'm opening up the topic for further analysis. I'm not doing it for the sake of being argumentative, I'm doing it because its the fair and proper thing to do. Mate, if you want to go around taking pot shots at people then thats you're choice, but for the sake of a 'fair trial' I'm going to look at all sides of the argument.

Also, just because I don't specifically state that i acknowledge your evidence (even though I actually did regarding the q45 engine bay pic), doesn't mean i don't accept it. You raise very good points and it does seem very suspicious when they're all combined. However, looking at each piece of evidence on a case by case basis, I can think of other reasons why it may appear the way it does. In the cases that I can't, I concede, yet you don't seem to take too kindly to me doing that.


Quote:
No, trying to use bullshit to cover up bullshit doesn't work. And yeah, he claims to be Albert McCallson of San Felipe at 70 years of age, or at least thats what his AF profile said until he erased everything and moved to Bumfuck. Oh wait or is it 60 years old? Senility must be getting to him if he can't even remember that.
Also a good point. However, could have been a typo or he could have wanted to appear younger for his own personal reasons.


Quote:
Take it any way you want, getting involved at the level he claimed it was at does not mean you are going to be alright.
It seems fairly straightforward to me. About to blow the lid on something, forced to sign non disclosure agreement and advised to leave the country. That doesn't mean he's a wanted man.


Quote:
Sometimes the situation calls for getting worked up. If I'm going to call someone out I'm going to pursue the matter until no one is going to argue about it because if you don't do that then the matter just keeps coming back up. This shit is getting settled right here, right now so it DOESN'T come back up. If you want this to be dropped then I suggest you stop posting about it. He lied, he's a fraud, get over it. There is one person who can prove Zgringo is who he claimed to be and he ran away.
This is true, but theres also the possibility that he just doesn't care about his reputation on the internet. He's a 70 year old retiree (possibly). Chances are he couldn't care less about what you all thought of him. Just because he doesn't care about defending himself doesn't mean he's guilty. He's not really got anything to lose apart from the respect of 10 odd people who he's never even met before.


Quote:
And you are failing terribly. You can't be objective if you aren't going to even try and look at his side critically.
Why do I need to? You're already doing a good enough job of it. I'm trying to balance the discussion up.

Quote:
And please don't try to say that you aren't on his side because Zgringo has provided enough bullshit for this thread.
What sides? I'm taking each piece of evidence as it comes.

Quote:
And your what ifs are pretty far fetched. You're trying to say that years and years of heavily covered professional drag racing has yielded not one damn picture that he could have linked to. There is not one damn picture of anything he has done? No 300 mph stock body ride pictures?
I didn't have any pictures of my 300zx until i bought a digital camera. That doesn't mean it didn't exist up until then.

Quote:
No NHRA website with his Z listed?
It wouldn't appear so, but he does claim that he's got things in the NHRA museum. Unfortunately the website doesn't list whats actually in the museum. If anyone lives close to wherever the museum is, maybe they could check it out.

Quote:
No pictures of anything he didn't for the Air Force or Boeing?
You can't claim that. Neither of us have even looked. If photos did exist, I'm sure Al wouldn't have much more of an idea where they are than we would. He probably only uses the internet for forums and instant messaging.
Quote:
No flight roster with him on it? No drag racing pictures? No pictures of him on a beach in Mexico with his "girlfriend"? Thats bullshit.
All addressed as above.


Quote:
Here is an interesting point, how many times did he brag about his researching skills? Yeah he knows about Zs and the VH engine. Is that anything that can not be looked up on the internet? No, it's all there, and given all the different forums he was on and how much he was here he is obviously online alot. Wouldn't a professional drag racer with so many time consuming projects have better things to do?
There were clearly some things that he knew that you can only find out from experience. Whether they're his own experience or not, it would be hard to find out information like that on the internet. Also, he's retired. What else is there to do when you're retired? I see when he's online and when he's not through skype, and it only seems to be after about 9pm mexican time. I don't think he's online all day.



Quote:
If you didn't give a fuck about them then you wouldn't be in here defending them. If want you this place to be a dictionary with nothing but lists and tables of torque specs and stock ride heights then too bad. We're all here because everyone else is here. I don't know how much human contact you get but you can't have a member of a group that lies to everyone. If he wants to return he can either come in here with utterly irrefutable evidence of everything he said he has done or he can come back and apologize to everyone for being a pudwack then tell us who he really is.
Just before you were saying that I'm not going to enough trouble defending him. I told you I don't give a fuck about them. The only reason I'm still on this topic of conversation is because you've made it personal, and I'm here having to defend MYSELF now.


Quote:
If you are going to be in here arguing in his defense then you better be prepared to prove that he isn't lying. You are arguing in his defense without trying to prove it either way because you "don't care"? That is just half assed. You really need to make up your mind. Defend him or don't but don't try to straddle the fence by saying it's nothing that matters to you when it obviously does.
I just said I wasn't his defense lawyer. I also said I don't give a fuck. I take your advice, and I'll remember it if i decide to start defending him. Until then though, your advice is rather useless. You're putting forward one point of view, and I'm trying to put forward the opposite point of view is in order to balance the thread. I'm trying to take your subjective opinions, and by putting forward the notion of the exact opposite opinion, attempting to create an objective analysis. If you pay attention, it doesn't mean im defending shit.


Now I've just spent a good 30 minutes on this post, which is far more than what i was really prepared to commit to this worthless pissing contest and I'm going to bed.

-Mike

EDIT: Wes, let me know if you want me to clean this post up a bit. I think I got a bit overzealous with my use of expletives.
MikeMan is offline  
Old 07-31-2005, 11:30 AM   #57
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast
 
Broke_as_****'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pacific, Washington
Posts: 2,927
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vk56de

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMan
eh? I conceded. How can i be in denial when I accepted your evidence? I highly doubt that the q45 engine bay posted is zgringo's z32 engine bay. I tried to see the other side of the coin (because no one else here is willing to even consider it) but the more i look at it, the less likely it becomes of being legit. I concede this piece of evidence. You win. If you want an argument on this issue, you're not going to get one.
Accepting it wouldn't have included "well...it's kind of a bad picture...and I don't really know much about Z32s anyway...". That was the issue.

Quote:
I'll post whenever and whereever i want dickhead. Don't tell me what to do. The only person who can decide what gets posted here is Wes, and if he has an issue, he'll raise it with me. You need to get off your high horse and start treating me with the respect I have given you.
There you go, stoop to petty insults then demand respect. Good call.

Quote:
Yeah it was a bad choice of words. I didn't mean conclusively prove his story, but its actually something in his favour here. On an unrelated forum he mentions that he bought a vh45de off ebay. no picture is ever posted there of the engine.
Then on here he posts a picture of the engine but says nothing about ebay. Instantly you all assume he's talking shit because its an ebay picture. You're all jumping the gun without actually considering another side to the story.
To reiterate, if you are posting to prove something, you don't post a picture that could be taken as fake. There is no way a halfway reasonable person is going to look at a picture anyone could get off the internet and accept it as proof of anything. Especially given that the person in question has already lied and refuses to provide anything else.

Quote:
So by him not posting it proves that he was never in the airforce? Are you saying that you can't possibly see how someone would sign up to a forum and not post? It seems farfetched that he would sign up to an airforce forum in anticipation of someone calling bullshit on him over a year later. He has never even said anything about afforums.com on here, so i doubt that was his motive.
Is it so farfetched that someone that has spread so much BS for what is apparently a span of years would try to fabricate so evidence to back up his claims?

Quote:
I really don't have the motivation. He's a mate and I speak to him on skype occasionally but I couldn't care less if he doesn't ever come back here, nor if he thinks you're a dickwad or not.
Besides, I did try searching on google to find USAF records but after a few searches i gave up. Of course, you'd probably take that to mean that the USAF never existed.
My original beef with bringing things up without any evidence stands. I post a link. Provide a picture. Bring up a mathematical impossibility. Something. It's not all the most damning stuff in the world but it's a hundred times more solid then his story.

Quote:
I didn't even bother to read half of that rant, but I take it that you're upset that I'm considering the other side to the story. boo fucking hoo. I'm trying to bring objectivity into an otherwise subjective argument by exploring the opposite of what you believe. If you've got a problem with this, then you need to take up politics.
Not reading seems to be habit with you so make this concise. If you are going to claim "objectivity" on a subject then bring up both sides in your statements rather than just one.

Quote:
For most of the things I'm not even saying i believe one way or another, but I'm opening up the topic for further analysis. I'm not doing it for the sake of being argumentative, I'm doing it because its the fair and proper thing to do. Mate, if you want to go around taking pot shots at people then thats you're choice, but for the sake of a 'fair trial' I'm going to look at all sides of the argument.
Well the inherent problem with that is that for it to be any kind of a trial the defendant would you know, actually have to be here. He's off somewhere pouting or just not giving a damn and either way all the questions raised still stand. And letís see, pot shots. That would be things like calling people "dickhead" right?

Quote:
Also, just because I don't specifically state that i acknowledge your evidence (even though I actually did regarding the q45 engine bay pic), doesn't mean i don't accept it. You raise very good points and it does seem very suspicious when they're all combined. However, looking at each piece of evidence on a case by case basis, I can think of other reasons why it may appear the way it does. In the cases that I can't, I concede, yet you don't seem to take too kindly to me doing that.
Dissect anything enough and you can disprove it, save perhaps gravity though they are working on that too. The point being that with so much against him, the chances of him hitting that small "might have been this way instead" factor for each case becomes extremely small. It's called "beyond a reasonable doubt". In Zgringo's case, might as well buy lottery tickets.

Quote:
Also a good point. However, could have been a typo or he could have wanted to appear younger for his own personal reasons.
He's always been really sketchy about details. Anyone who is lying is usually pretty sketchy about details. Read back in that post where he claimed he ran Pro-Mod. He dances around the issue for half a page of posts and multiple requests before finally coming up with that.

Quote:
It seems fairly straightforward to me. About to blow the lid on something, forced to sign non disclosure agreement and advised to leave the country. That doesn't mean he's a wanted man.
You know, I don't even think he did any of that in the first place, much less got in trouble for it. Thinking back to the original accusation, it wasn't how much trouble he got in, it was if he had done anything at all.

Quote:
This is true, but theres also the possibility that he just doesn't care about his reputation on the internet. He's a 70 year old retiree (possibly). Chances are he couldn't care less about what you all thought of him. Just because he doesn't care about defending himself doesn't mean he's guilty. He's not really got anything to lose apart from the respect of 10 odd people who he's never even met before.
Running away or just not caring, either way there is nothing that supports what he claims to have done. And he cared enough to come here and try and prove he was who he claimed. A feeble lie though it may have been he still tried. Whether or not he cares anymore? Time will tell.

Quote:
Why do I need to? You're already doing a good enough job of it. I'm trying to balance the discussion up.
Because you claim to be objective. And even if you are looking at both sides, only bringing up one is not objective.

Quote:
What sides? I'm taking each piece of evidence as it comes.
See above.

Quote:
I didn't have any pictures of my 300zx until i bought a digital camera. That doesn't mean it didn't exist up until then.
The difference being that you have pictures and he still does not. And as stated, saying that you are building a one-off engine is far from claiming an entire lifetime worth of achievements.

Quote:
It wouldn't appear so, but he does claim that he's got things in the NHRA museum. Unfortunately the website doesn't list whats actually in the museum. If anyone lives close to wherever the museum is, maybe they could check it out.
1101 W. McKinley Ave., Building 3A
Pomona CA, 91768

1via?

Quote:
You can't claim that. Neither of us have even looked. If photos did exist, I'm sure Al wouldn't have much more of an idea where they are than we would. He probably only uses the internet for forums and instant messaging.
Maybe you haven't looked, I certainly have. I didn't just pull all this out on a whim, I dug through everything I could get my screen on. His story just does not jive.

Quote:
All addressed as above.
Not really.

Quote:
There were clearly some things that he knew that you can only find out from experience. Whether they're his own experience or not, it would be hard to find out information like that on the internet. Also, he's retired. What else is there to do when you're retired? I see when he's online and when he's not through skype, and it only seems to be after about 9pm mexican time. I don't think he's online all day.
You don't have to be online all day. If you know how to look for something it only would take a short amount of time to learn a lot about a given engine. Nissan America isn't going to have much on their website but hang around a forum long enough and you will learn a lot of things you would have only learn through experience otherwise. You mentioned yourself how much you learned through this forum. It's not hard to imagine that there is someone out there that actually has a VH45 that Zgringo learned from.

Quote:
Just before you were saying that I'm not going to enough trouble defending him. I told you I don't give a fuck about them. The only reason I'm still on this topic of conversation is because you've made it personal, and I'm here having to defend MYSELF now.

I just said I wasn't his defense lawyer. I also said I don't give a fuck. I take your advice, and I'll remember it if i decide to start defending him. Until then though, your advice is rather useless. You're putting forward one point of view, and I'm trying to put forward the opposite point of view is in order to balance the thread. I'm trying to take your subjective opinions, and by putting forward the notion of the exact opposite opinion, attempting to create an objective analysis. If you pay attention, it doesn't mean im defending shit.

Now I've just spent a good 30 minutes on this post, which is far more than what i was really prepared to commit to this worthless pissing contest and I'm going to bed.
Putting forth a point of view in defense of Zgringo. Better get on a retainer. He said he ran Pro-Mod. He is not listed in any Pro-Mod results. That is not subjective. He put up a picture of his "450Z". It was not a "450Z". That is not subjective. He has said he has done all of these things and can't produce a single shred of anything that could be judged by a rational person to be credible evidence to support any of them. And I always love how people say things like "worthless pissing contest" and yet always come back. But aside from a few things mentioned in this post, I have taken issue with Zgringo, not you. Yeah, I've taken quite a few shots at you, and I apologize for that. This thread is about him, not you. However, I will note that posting theory with no proof only adds to the pile of all things not definitive. This is about clarifying bullshit, not spreading it around.

To repeat what has been said: Welcome to the internet, if you are not bringing anything credible to the table, don't expect anyone to believe you. It's just like a bar. If you claim to piss 20 yards be prepared to head into the back alley or be prepared to accept that no one is going to listen.

Anyway:

It has been shown that Zgringo has lied. To narrow it down to one irrefutable lie, he posted a picture that was not what he claimed it was. All else he has claimed to do is in question through both evidence to the contrary and lack of supporting evidence where there should have been.

If it can be agreed that above statement has been sufficiently represented and that it is now on Zgringo to bring in something credible to take this any farther in any meaningful direction, I'll leave it at that.




As a footnote, by my count of all participants there has been one blatant insult and many veiled ones amid a bunch of cocksmokery and some legitimate truth finding efforts. If that isn't civilized enough for an online forum, I would implore the judge and jury of such things to take a trip to the Honda section to put things in perspective.
__________________
1989 240SX Fastback. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1995 300ZX Twin Turbo


Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Broke_as_**** is offline  
Old 07-31-2005, 02:14 PM   #58
lost
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: atlanta
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
and everyone knows a vh45de(tt) in a z32 looks something like this:
www.freewebs.com/axepower/
maybe we'll post some new pics and vids one day soon...i encourage you guys who are considering the swap to go for it.forget this jibber jabber,and build a 450zx.or obtain the titan motor and pull your v6.if you are serious,and you get to that point,gimme a call.(678)698-7426.
450zxtt
vh45dett power,baby.
lost is offline  
Old 07-31-2005, 02:28 PM   #59
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic
 
DeleriousZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 5,092
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
Re: Vk56de

jesus, that's not intimidating or anything... "yeah the engine was too big so we had to cut a hole in the hood.... but it doesn't go very fast " anyone with half a brain would never take a second thought of racing that thing, if they even had a first thought about it.... that's one impressive machine
__________________
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline  
Old 07-31-2005, 02:37 PM   #60
lost
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: atlanta
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Re: Vk56de

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeleriousZ
jesus, that's not intimidating or anything... "yeah the engine was too big so we had to cut a hole in the hood.... but it doesn't go very fast " anyone with half a brain would never take a second thought of racing that thing, if they even had a first thought about it.... that's one impressive machine
i thank you for your complement.you have one of the cleanest z31s i have ever seen.
450zxtt
lost is offline  
 
Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD


Bookmarks
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts