Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 09:13 PM   #31
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Re: Vk56de

LoL I'm glad.... did you ever get some of those kits made? Any more info, etc? How's it running? How much HP btw?

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
Old 07-27-2005, 10:22 PM   #32
lost
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Vk56de

[quote=1viadrft]LoL I'm glad.... did you ever get some of those kits made? Any more info, etc? How's it running? How much HP btw?[/QUOTE
we recently upgraded the exhaust and the intake piping,added larger oil coolers and remote filter.feverishly finishing up another intake manifold prototype,hood should close,but we have enjoyed displaying the vh with the cut out.we are currently preparing the car for a controlled top speed run,we have high expectations.
450zxtt
vh45dett power,baby.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:35 PM   #33
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Pix!PIX!!PIX!!!

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
Old 07-27-2005, 11:26 PM   #34
ExTrEmEDrIfT
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via MSN to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via Yahoo to ExTrEmEDrIfT

wow i havent been here in days and i missed this whole thing lol

i gotta say broke , great job on your homework on " AL " everything was kind of suspicious..

al sent me a vid of his supposed top speed run on the flats in his twin engine car forget what it was but heres the vid , anyone seen it already.. -- legit???

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=31WWEIO5

Past Z Car Crew

[The Enemy Of Your Enemy is Your Friend]

>>Keep Your Friends close : But Keep Your Enemies Even Closer <<
Old 07-28-2005, 12:31 AM   #35
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Legit? You can't even see what the hell it is. It's just some random salt flats clip.

Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:32 AM   #36
ExTrEmEDrIfT
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via MSN to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via Yahoo to ExTrEmEDrIfT

yah i know he said it was him driving that car and it was the car he set a land speed recored in ..

Past Z Car Crew

Old 07-28-2005, 11:34 AM   #37
Yaggus
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Yaggus Send a message via MSN to Yaggus
Re: Re: Re: Vk56de

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3smostwanted
i would like to talk to that guy from austrailia that supposedly talked to Al over the phone. i forget his name but he has a red 89 Twin Turbo and visits here every once in a while. he was going on like a 12 month vacation so im sure he is gone...
I'm still here I read up on here nearly every day but i just rarely post. You all seen to know a hell of a lot more about 300zxs than i do so i let you answer the questions rather than taking a half assed attempt myself.

The vacation got put off till the end of the year because it was going to clash with my girlfriends uni

Yes I did have a chat to Al on the phone. He is actually a really nice guy. Funny as hell to talk to. Whether he lied about his 300zx or not, he is still a nice guy in my opinion. I chatted to him for about an hour. It was really spun out chatting to someone i knew was on the other side of the world. American accents are so f**king hard to understand over the phone hey...

I know you were talking about him being in the Korean war but he was definately in the Vietnam war. He was conversing (through me) with my dad, who also went to Vietnam and he knew all the right stuff about that. From what i can tell he seems to know his stuff about cars regardless of what he owns or doesnt. I personally dont care what he owns if he keeps dishing out correct information. He had a massive technical argument in forced induction about Nitrous that i found pretty interesting. Dont write Al off completely. Im sure he does know a fair bit about cars regardless of everything else thats been going on.
TT Mitsu GTO ------| Apexi AVCR, Dual 2 1/2" Exhaust, T3/T4 turbo, BOV
--------------------| Lowered King springs, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Whiteline swaybars, Cusco Strutbraces
--------------------| 17" Advanti Rims, Kenwood Stereo, 94+ Tailights

K3:i have had this itch... the itch to bang a somewhat chunky girl... like i want it to jiggle a little
Old 07-29-2005, 12:12 AM   #38
ExTrEmEDrIfT
AF Enthusiast

you make a good point yaggus but only thing is honesty there isnt any need to lie about things here i believe he does know alot about cars probably far more than alot of people on here .......

so how much did that phone conversation cost lol i would figure it would be expensive to tlk to someone on the other side of the world ?

Past Z Car Crew

Old 07-29-2005, 12:20 AM   #39
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
yes...

he does seem to know alot about cars...this is why i have never even gone into research about if what he says is true. but what would cause someone to lie about what cars they drive or what they have done in life?

he loses all respect in my book for leading us on about how he has several swapped VH's in 300zx's and who knows what else. he showed us a picture of a supercharged VH inside a Q45 engine bay and claims it is his VH supercharged 300zx.

if he is legit then he needs to prove what he says.

i will never take away the fact that he does seem to know quite a bit about cars...

ever since he has joined he has been suspicious but me, like most of us, didnt even think twice about even caring because he seemed like who knew alot...

but nevertheless from his claims, to where he lives and why, to his cars, to his girlfriends...they were all suspicious and they were all what we now, are lies or exaggerated truths.
ZedEx Crew Member #4

Last edited by k3smostwanted; 07-29-2005 at 03:19 AM.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:08 PM   #40
MikeMan
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to MikeMan

Lack of proof does not imply guilt.
Just because you can't find proof of Al's claims doesn't mean that the claims are not valid. Personally, until i see proof OTHERWISE, I will trust what he says is true.
It's easy to start throwing accusations around about Al, but the onus shouldn't be on him to prove anything. He doesn't have the responsibility nor obligation to satisfy your curiosity. If you don't believe him, thats fair enough, but don't talk shit about him to everyone else, thats just immature.

Grow up fellas or fuck off.
-Mike
Old 07-29-2005, 10:12 PM   #41
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMan
Lack of proof does not imply guilt.
Just because you can't find proof of Al's claims doesn't mean that the claims are not valid. Personally, until i see proof OTHERWISE, I will trust what he says is true.
It's easy to start throwing accusations around about Al, but the onus shouldn't be on him to prove anything. He doesn't have the responsibility nor obligation to satisfy your curiosity. If you don't believe him, thats fair enough, but don't talk shit about him to everyone else, thats just immature.

-Mike
Hey Mike, welcome to the internet, where lack of proof on demand equals damnation. If you are going to talk about it, you better have done it. The burden of proof is on him if he is going to say he did it.

Besides we have proof.

He supplied a picture of a supercharged Q45 while claiming it was a "450Z".

He claimed to fly in a war he would, by his own admission, have been too young to have flown in.

He claimed to be at an event was not listed at.

He claimed to run a drag class he is not listed in.

He claimed to be a wanted man in America even though he claimed he ran said drag class in America.

Zgringo is a fraud and a liar. As stated, he knew about cars. That is why I let his BS slide for so long. But trying to leverage all the things he didn't do to belittle other forum members? I draw the line there and he crossed it. How many times did his entire response to someone equate to something along the lines of "I've been doing this shit for X years so obviously you're an idiot, fuck off whippersnapper."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeman
thats just immature
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMan
Hey nice hypocrisy there but really if you are going to be immature do it right:

Hey MikeMan

Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:18 PM   #42
Yaggus
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Yaggus Send a message via MSN to Yaggus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTrEmEDrIfT
you make a good point yaggus but only thing is honesty there isnt any need to lie about things here i believe he does know alot about cars probably far more than alot of people on here .......

so how much did that phone conversation cost lol i would figure it would be expensive to tlk to someone on the other side of the world ?
Actually it cost me nothing. Al called me. And it cost him next to nothing Its a wonderful thing called skype. It allows you to call someone elses computer for no charge whatsoever. If you had skype installed on your computer i could talk to you right here, right now for nothing. All you need is a microphone and speakers. It rules. You can also call peoples landlines from your computer. This helps when calling overseas like when Al called my phone. I dont have broadband yet so my connection was a litlle too slow to have a decent conversation. Al then called my hom phone from his computer and was paying like 3 cents a minute for an international call. Like i said, awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3smostwanted
he does seem to know alot about cars...this is why i have never even gone into research about if what he says is true. but what would cause someone to lie about what cars they drive or what they have done in life?

he loses all respect in my book for leading us on about how he has several swapped VH's in 300zx's and who knows what else. he showed us a picture of a supercharged VH inside a Q45 engine bay and claims it is his VH supercharged 300zx.

if he is legit then he needs to prove what he says.

i will never take away the fact that he does seem to know quite a bit about cars...
I can see what your saying and i agree with you to an extent. When someone is caught out once it detracts from all the correct information that has been given. I dont condone lying and IF Al lied then he probably shouldnt have because he didnt need to to gain respect. Dealing out correct informative info is enough to gain repect around here. Your respect for Al may have dropped a bit but to say you have lost all respect for Al is pretty harsh. Just because he may or may not have these cars doesn't mean all his knowlage should be disregarded. I still consider his knowlage a great resource.

I like the way MikeMan thinks. Innocent until proven guilty. But that being said, if you have actually done something then it shouldnt be too hard to prove it...
TT Mitsu GTO ------| Apexi AVCR, Dual 2 1/2" Exhaust, T3/T4 turbo, BOV
--------------------| Lowered King springs, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Whiteline swaybars, Cusco Strutbraces
--------------------| 17" Advanti Rims, Kenwood Stereo, 94+ Tailights

K3:i have had this itch... the itch to bang a somewhat chunky girl... like i want it to jiggle a little
Old 07-30-2005, 12:45 AM   #43
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
well guys, you can believe what ever you want to believe.

but he has been proven a liar and he did lie. therefore i find him him guilty of lying. simple reasoning will allow you too, to do the same.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 07-30-2005, 12:57 AM   #44
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Send a message via AIM to ZedEx

Christ... I just now read this whole thing... Damn

I've always liked Albert... I thought he composed himself a bit strange for a 70 year old man, but that was about it.

I'm all for the innocent until proven guilty ideal... However, this is the internet, if you can't back up what you've done... Don't expect it to be taken as truth.

If I come on here saying I own a Koenigsegg CCR... Post pictures that I've found performing a 5 minute Google search, and post commonly known facts... You're telling me you'd believe me?

I'm simply saying, people you know on the Internet are never who they seem to be. Just keep an objective mind with things of this nature.

I'm not really siding with either polar extreme of the arguement here... I'm just sitting back and laughing

-Wes
-2000 PY Acura Integra Type-R #686 - WhoRe
-1997 EGP Honda Prelude Type-SH - Daily driver

R.I.P Hypsi87:Andy Filson
Old 07-30-2005, 12:59 AM   #45
MikeMan
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to MikeMan
Re: Re: Re: Vk56de

10 page long rant. YOU'VE ALL BEEN WARNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke_as_****
Hey Mike, welcome to the internet, where lack of proof on demand equals damnation. If you are going to talk about it, you better have done it. The burden of proof is on him if he is going to say he did it.
Hey, I've done tonnes of things and I don't have any proof to back them up, but that doesn't mean I didn't do them. If I'm experienced in something, I'm going to give people a hand if they need. I'm *not* going to keep a huge archive of articles, pictures, mpegs etc. just in case someone who I don't give a shit about tries to call bullshit on me. I'd say Al couldn't care less what you think of him and as such, he's not going to go to the effort to change the way you think. If I was in his position, I'd be doing the exact same thing.

It's an internet forum. It would have no effect on Als life whatsoever so why would he go to any trouble whatsoever to disprove some person he's never met? He's not running away, he's just got better things to do.

Quote:
Besides we have proof.

He supplied a picture of a supercharged Q45 while claiming it was a "450Z".
Firstly, there is no proof that it is a Q45 engine bay. It was *suspected* that it was but it could very well be a z32 engine bay. 'The wipers look a bit funny' is *not* conclusive proof.

Quote:
He claimed to fly in a war he would, by his own admission, have been too young to have flown in.
So you're saying that every single person in the armed forces is and always has been of legal age? Give me a break. My grandfather fought in world war II. He was 16 when he joined.

Quote:
He claimed to be at an event was not listed at.
I'm not quite sure what you mean with this one.

Quote:
He claimed to run a drag class he is not listed in.
I'd like to see this particular piece of proof. Show where he claimed to be in the drag class and then show where you got your information from. The burden of proof is still with you here.

Quote:
He claimed to be a wanted man in America even though he claimed he ran said drag class in America.
He never said he was on any wanted list. He just said that the government didn't take to kindly to his actions, so he moved to mexico. If so, then he could still come to America every now and then and as long as he didn't attract too much attention of the government, I'd say that he'd be quite alright. You might have read the black helicopters into it, but it doesn't seem too suspicious to me.

Quote:
Zgringo is a fraud and a liar. As stated, he knew about cars. That is why I let his BS slide for so long. But trying to leverage all the things he didn't do to belittle other forum members? I draw the line there and he crossed it. How many times did his entire response to someone equate to something along the lines of "I've been doing this shit for X years so obviously you're an idiot, fuck off whippersnapper."
I have never read into any of his posts like that. I take advice where I can and if he's come across that way to you, it would seem that you've got a bit of a superiority complex and cant handle someone knowing more than you. That's the way I've read into that.

Quote:
Hey nice hypocrisy there but really if you are going to be immature do it right:

Hey MikeMan
Thats awesome. I love it.

I always try to be as objective as I can, especially on the internet. Opinions are bad. Fact is good. Objectivity allows you to take a step back from the personal side of things and concentrate on fact and fiction.

So far, I have seen no evidence to support Als claims, nor evidence to
support your claims. As such, I have no opinion. However, that being said, I do believe that if you do make claims with the intention of harming one's reputation, you must have conclusive proof. So far, all I have seen is an identification of a lack of supportive evidence.

Also, this wasn't meant to be personal so please don't take it personally. I think you're a great bloke with alot of knowledge and experience. All i see this as is a difference of opinion through a constructive discussion.

-Mike

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD