Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 01:05 PM   #16
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

Re: 89 300ZX vs 91 240SX

The IROC Z28 still aint much compared to the Z32 TT.

On another note. I wasnt racing some guy in a prelude this sunday he was tring to race me..... I let him go around becuase of slower trafic in front of me and he tried to get in front and walk away.... when he down shifted to try and hit his power band he dropped a valve (must have cause thats the only time I have seen that much smoke and fire in my life) All I seen was black smoke with a spurt of flame out his exhaust pipe, then him coast over to the side of the road. All I could do was laugh and cruise away at 120.

As one of my coworks said, "Everytime a Honda dies a angel gets its wings."

Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:46 PM   #17
monooxide
Banned

Send a message via AIM to monooxide Send a message via MSN to monooxide
Re: Re: 89 300ZX vs 91 240SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodo
On another note. I wasnt racing some guy in a prelude this sunday he was tring to race me..... I let him go around becuase of slower trafic in front of me and he tried to get in front and walk away....
What are you on crack? Ok lets get this straight your behind slower traffic and when he blew the valve im guessing he aws no more then 30 feet in front of you and then you passed him at 120? How the hell did you accelerate to 120?
monooxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:11 PM   #18
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: 89 300ZX vs 91 240SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by monooxide
What are you on crack? Ok lets get this straight your behind slower traffic and when he blew the valve im guessing he aws no more then 30 feet in front of you and then you passed him at 120? How the hell did you accelerate to 120?
Slower cars in front of Hodo
\/
Prelude goes by in another lane
\/
Hodo moves over, gets on the gas and follows
\/
Prelude takes a metal **** with a side of oil
\/
Hodo, having been accelerating the whole time, flies by at 120 (top of 4th gear if I remember correctly)

Getting a Z32 to 120 is not anything that takes alot of time.

Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Broke_as_**** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:54 PM   #19
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Re: 89 300ZX vs 91 240SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke_as_****
Slower cars in front of Hodo
\/
Prelude goes by in another lane
\/
Hodo moves over, gets on the gas and follows
\/
Prelude takes a metal **** with a side of oil
\/
Hodo, having been accelerating the whole time, flies by at 120 (top of 4th gear if I remember correctly)

Getting a Z32 to 120 is not anything that takes alot of time.
Amen!!!!!!!!
Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:11 PM   #20
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

good call broke.. lol
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:53 PM   #21
moodah
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to moodah
Re: Re: 89 300ZX vs 91 240SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenp
speakin of races i raced an 88 camaro 305 tbi in my 86 na lol few mods no mechanicle fan cold air intake 2 1\2 " exaust no ps you know the little stuff lol any way i smoked his doors off
so good luck to you both and i got my na to well over 120 probably closer to 135 nut thats a fgew mods

now my 84 turbo 12 psi intake exaust no ac no pwr str no mechanicle fan and too long of alist for here but anyway i had a civic with a boosted 1.8 honda blah blah bl;ah (does all civic people call there hondas a stock honda, because they do around hear) well any way we were supposed to line them up and he honks 3 times then we go, i reved up my car to put it in 2nd (55 miles per hour and droppin into 2nd is so bad ass, 73 mph in 2nd ) well anyway im revein it up to hit 2nd and he just launches im like what any way i engage in 2nd and SLOWLY pull up on himn and where we decided was where it was the end of the race i passed him it was fatty lol stock honda ) also at the time i was only pushin 9 psi and the mods listed the rest where done after (ie weight reduce header wrap race seats that tuype of stuff any way iu wanna hear the details

all i understood from that, was someone honked 3 times.
moodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:02 AM   #22
monooxide
Banned

Lol...

LOL... yea his story was kind of jumbled. Now the other story all i seemed to get out of it was Im behind slow ass people and then prelude goes by bam it blows up and i pass at 110...but anyways that away from the point me and my friend are gonna race sometime this week if he gets it fixed. Oh yeah how bad is it to go from Unleaded always to premium?
Old 03-22-2005, 01:13 AM   #23
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

well i'm assuming that you're in the us, so it'd be premium unleaded... and unless you're running really high comp, or boosting, going up the extra octane levels when your owners manual specifically says 87 octance will just create excess carbon buildup in the engine
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:09 AM   #24
monooxide
Banned

Ok...

I know it recommends it...but going from Crude to Synthetic is not good for your engine if its been on crude for over 30k.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:27 PM   #25
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

thats not true I run full synthetic in my 114K mile Z32, havent had a problem..... but I ran partial synthetic for a few oil changes then I went full. I sorta "weened" my Z off of the crude and on to the synthetic.

was in another race last night. A 240SX (S14) Red with a fart can exhaust tip. He pulled up beside me and reved like he wanted to run, noone was on the Interstate at that time so I figured why not. I let him make the first move from abo0ut 60MPH. He got about half a car length infront then I walked him when we hit 110MPH, I took it up to 130MPH and backed off becuase I seen his headlights getting smaller and smaller, I hit the hazards and easied up (only at about 75% throttle and 4200RPM 4th gear) I slowed down to 80 to let him catch up he flashed his lights showing good race, I did the same... not often I run into a good sport about a race on the interstate. He had a nice looking S14, I just didnt like the exhaust tip. I wonder if he would feel bad if he knew he got beat by a NA AT 300ZX with only a underdrive pulley for mods, and about 60 pounds of tools and junk in the back. lol.

BTW it dont take long for a Z32 to get over 100MPH even a NA Z. They are pretty quick when already moving.

Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:54 PM   #26
Bdetore
AF Enthusiast

Re: Ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monooxide
I know it recommends it...but going from Crude to Synthetic is not good for your engine if its been on crude for over 30k.
U.s. regulations state that all oils whether synthetic or conventional must mix. Never let any moron at the parts store tell you different. If all else fails you can throw a quart of Tranny fluid in your motor. It's actually more detergent so it'll clean shit up a bit. Same way with the tranny. Run out of ATF and throw some 10w30 in it. although, occasional substitutions don't mean permanent substitutions. Do the proper changes when you get where you're going. It all mixes. As for switching to full synthetic, there's never anything wrong with that. Putting better stuff in your car can't really hurt it. Although running premium when the manual says 87 is just wasting 20-30cents a gallon.

And for Hodo's race, every now and then you meet people who actually respect the person they are in competition with. Kudos for having a safe one with a good attitude. In the end there's always something faster. Although, I've never understood what a coffee can did to enhance a car. And 60lbs of tools? Nothing wrong with having some toys in the back... even if they are heavy, the 240 guy never needs to know.
Bdetore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:42 AM   #27
monooxide
Banned

well..

The Z32 did put out 62 more HP then the Z31 and 67 HP more then the 240SX so i dont expect the 240SX to keep up with the 90-96 generation. Well im going over to his house tmw to help put back his car Nissan wanted to charge 700 for labor alone and some other place was gonna say 500 for parts and labor so im gonna go over and save him some money . This kid that im gonna help with the Z31 has a like 4-5 inch tip on his exhaust and he says its magnaflow, Is magnaflow even a respected brand?
Old 03-23-2005, 01:48 AM   #28
liam91ttz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to liam91ttz

not on many imports

[B.] Past Z Car Crew [/B.]
liam91ttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:51 AM   #29
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to stephenp
Re: Re: Re: 89 300ZX vs 91 240SX

ok long story short i have an 86 na that smoked my budies 88 305 tbi
i also have an 84 50th ann. i lined up with a civic with a turbo and alot more well anyway he was supposed to honk 3 times and i didnt even get to engage into gear before he took off but by the end i was just behind him aka my hood was even with his door
well any way itll be much better this summer after i get a lot more mods to run with
stephenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:51 PM   #30
monooxide
Banned

really?

I dont think a stock 300Z would keep up with a turbod civic at even 5 PSI...but anyways...me and my friend are working on his car and we cant get the damned Crank pulley off...any good ways of keeping Whole engine from moving while we loosen the pulley? I mean everytime we turn it it tries to turn the pistons and all. Is it a reverse threaded bolt? That stupid vibration dampner has to come off to get the water pump off and its teh gay shit

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)