Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 02:59 PM   #16
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Re: which Z would you pick z32tt vs 350z

It depends on your goal and the size of your wallet. There are pros and cons of both cars. I've driven 2 350Zs and they truely are amazing cars. I had the car salesman clinging onto shit once when I took off from a light...that rocked. But...they're way out of my pricerange right now...as are the Z32s, but the Z32s aren't quite as far off price wise. The bang for the buck award DEFINATELY goes to the Z32TT. One in good condition can be had for under 15K. Another 5K in mods and you'll be a serious force to be reckoned with. I also think the Z32 looks better.

I've been hearing bits about a "Nismo" or "SMZ" 350Z for quite a while. I saw that long nose version quite a while ago. I like the look of it...don't like the added weight. (FYI: the Performance version is the lightest, Broke...not the base model.) The SMZ did get a bunch of publicity for a while, then completely disappeared...haven't heard anything about that car in a long time. I hope that any special models that come out utilize turbos...not superchargers. Turbos have always been a staple for Z cars and turbos are a much better performance adder than superchargers.

I'd take a Z32TT over a Z33...but I'd definately keep my Z31T...I'd at least have a Z31 for a daily driver.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:06 PM   #17
ahzab33
AF Regular

I like the way the 350Z looks on the outside. It kinda looks like a Porsche. If I were to buy a car just for cruising, I might be tempted to get a 350Z and maybe put a Greddy TT kit on it. But, if I were to buy a car with a perfect balance of style and performance, I would definitely have to go with the 300ZX TT.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:11 PM   #18
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3smostwanted
that road and track article is referring to the 350Z that was tuned by nismo offered to japan for their road racing over there. (something about the different classes and options.) they made a body kit and and wing for the 350z to make it longer causing more downforce. also it was tuned by nismo with many nismo parts, but it is not that more powerful. just has the power when you need it for that type of racing.
That Z is the NISMO designated Type E Limited Edition... only three or so were made for the public and all were sold! JGTC (Japanese Grand Touring), like rally-racing in the WRC require cars to be a production model. I have that article somewhere... that Issue also has a concept of the new GTR... check it out!

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
1viadrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:54 PM   #19
JCCR
AF Enthusiast

About A Year Ago A Guy Was Selling Me His '89 Z31 2+2. Didn't Know Much About The Car But It Look Nice. It Had Ttops And Black Leather Interior. Now I Wish I Would Of Bought It! He Was Asking $1500 For It. He Had Fixed It Up For His Doughter But I Guess She Didn't Want It. Didn't Know What She Had!

I Also Read That Mazda Is Bringing Back The Rx7 And Toyota Is Bringing The Supra Back To Compete With The 350z. Who Knows.

The Z32 Has Been Ahead Of Its Time. And Still Now, New Cars Don't Have The Performace As The Z32tt. Not Even The Mighthy S2000
JCCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:11 PM   #20
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

S2000? Mighty? Errrrrrr.... Ummmmmmmm....

Yuh... I also heard that the complaints from the '7 fans about the Rx8 have got Mazda scrambling and that a 4th Gen Rx7 is in the mix. Supra? That would be awesome! My dad has a JZA80 and will not sell it to me! Bastard...! A Next Gen Supra would be nice! Take that, Dad! I think we are getting close to another HP war... something reminiscant of the '60's and '70's Muscle Car wars. Subaru and Mitsubishi was just a taste! I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE THE NEW GTR!!!!

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
Old 08-19-2004, 06:13 PM   #21
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Forget the New Z! New ZX anyone? 400ZX? 560ZX?? Someone call Nissan! Start the Petition!

Old 08-19-2004, 06:24 PM   #22
JCCR
AF Enthusiast

That Would Be Nice! A New Zxtt. But I Guess We're All Ready Looking 350z To Be Nissan Flag Ship For The Next Couple Of Years.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:34 PM   #23
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

that would be awesome. i say like a 380zx. 4.0L is getting too big to be a v-6. that also might be why nissan didn't offer a tt with the 350z. they can't keep on getting higher and higher on displacement, so they have to have some way to keep getting power increases. z cars should only have 6-cylinders.

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:39 PM   #24
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

V6 Only? That's what they say about the GTR... but it's looking like we are gonna get a V8. I guess i kinda agree on the six idea... only if it's a turbo powered ZX. But if it's an NA... well, V8 all the way! How about V8 Turbo? Geez, I got a hard-on... LoL

Old 08-19-2004, 07:24 PM   #25
JCCR
AF Enthusiast

V6 Tt With Better Cams, Better Air Flow , Stronger Bottom End With Higher Boost. The V8 Will Make It Heavier.

Look At The Dodge Srt4. Four Banger With Single Turbo Making Around 250hp. I Know Nissan Can Do Alot Better With A Bigger Displacemetn Engine And 2turbos
Old 08-20-2004, 02:07 AM   #26
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
dont even metion that damn neon. yikes....

anyways...i would hope that mazda would come out with something a little more powerful then the RX8 for competition. either bring back the 7 or turbocharge the 8. i agree with freak here.... stay with the six...inline 6??? 3.0 inline6 TT??? RB did so well so y not stick with the inlineTT idea?
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 09:54 AM   #27
JCCR
AF Enthusiast

according to R&T, mazdaspeed is working on a supercharged version of the rx8.

is there such a thing like a z32tt with a supercharger? is it possible to have a zx running a supercharged set up for low end hp and then its TT for high end hp?
Old 08-20-2004, 02:11 PM   #28
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

This is probably going to be pretty long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1viadrift
S2000? Mighty? Errrrrrr.... Ummmmmmmm....
Hey man...the S2K has (or had, at least) the highest specific output of any, factory, normally aspirated 4 cylinder in the world. That's pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

I've been saying for a long time...they should have the V6, 3.5L 350Z, then release a single turbo, 3.5L 350ZX. Go back to the single turbos per the old Z cars. Plus, contrary to popular beliefe, 2 isn't always better than one. Look at most of the really high horsepower 2JZ-GTEs or last gen RX-7s out there...they've done the swap to one big turbo.

The "V6 vs. I6 vs. V8" debate pertaining to the GT-R and future Z cars can go on for ever. The V8 wouldn't add that much more weight, so you can't really say that. *I* would like to see some form of the RB26DETT in the next GT-R...maybe an RB30DETT or something like that, but I've heard it's going to get an 8. I prefer 6 cylinders...inline, over all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCR
I Also Read That Mazda Is Bringing Back The Rx7
RX-7 stands for "Rotory eXperimental - 7". If you think about it, they did bring back the RX-7 in the form of the RX-8. However, I don't see it as being close to a worthy follow up. (Pretty tough act to follow, though...and they did a pretty good job of it, but I don't see the RX-8 as being close to equal to the RX-7's sheer performance. This is almost the case with the Z32TT and the 350Z...almost kinda sorta not really...) The RX-7 was an extremely race ready, balanced, hard core performance car...kinda "no frills", if you will...especially in R1 trim...*el drool*. They need to get rid of those back seats, ditch the novel 4 door idea, and go back to turbos (preferrably one)...THEN we'd be in business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCR
is there such a thing like a z32tt with a supercharger? is it possible to have a zx running a supercharged set up for low end hp and then its TT for high end hp?
No. This is pointless. I hate how people seem to think turbos are extremely lag-ridden, inferior creatures in comparison to S/Cs. A well designed turbo SYSTEM (intercooler, piping, ECU, turbos, etc...more to it than just the turbos...) will be more efficient, more practical, and perform better, than a S/C. (Read the "Turbos vs. Superchargers" thread in the Forced Induction forum for more info.) Also, stock, the Z32TT is spooled at around 2500rpm. The added weight, time, and money needed to put a s/c on it would be.....just.....no.....no point....at all....it hurts my head to think about how complicated and cluttered that would be....and all for nothing. Wait till Broke gets his car put back together and ask him if he wishes he had more "low end hp".

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 08-20-2004, 02:34 PM   #29
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

another thing i don't like about superchargers is to change the boost on them, you have to go through all the belts and everything. with a turbocharger, all you have to do is turn a knob. much much easier.

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 02:43 PM   #30
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

That's another thing I don't like about S/Cs. Maaaaaaaaaaaajor drawback to me.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD